• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh! DM (Canonicity Issues + Big Changes)

1. Zorc created the simulation game in the final arc didn't he? He should scale off that.

2. Bakura > Zorc, funnily enough. It seems Zorc doesn't have the edge in attack potency but more overall abilities.

3. Millenium Games Yugi should be >>> Zorc, otherwise just a human (tier 10 to 9, can't think of any feats off the top of my head) with a decent amount of abilities. I'm conflicted with Marik tho, should at least scale to Bakura.

1. No, Yugi did the prerequisites to enter the memory world, woke up with his soul in another room with Bakura going "hi wanna play d&d", took the bodies of the others once they entered the Millennium Puzzle and held them hostage, and the Millenium Puzzle projected the Memory World onto the field because that world was still in the Millennium Puzzle Yugi successfully getting in there or not. The only thing Bakura did was set up the field so it replicated the Egyptian area as it did 3,000 years prior. He even says that Bakura (little Bakura) spent a lot of time working on it.

IIRC, the anime just did a flattop with the world underneath. In the manga, it's an entire physical board of Egypt, or at least those surrounding how far Atem went in his memories.

2. It's not that Bakura > Zorc, it's that Millennium Ring > Zorc mostly.

3. But why?

4. But why?

1.Oh.

Well shit, what else does Zorc have?

2. Well yeah, Bakura just usually has the Ring so I was counting it in the scaling.

3. I was counting the Creator of Light for Millenium Game Yugi, otherwise, he isn't.

4. I'm assuming that the Millenium items are roughly equal in power, although in hindsight, that probably isn't true.

1. uh he can blast people with energy and cause natural disasters thats about it

2. Millennium Items don't scale, they just have varied abilities.

3. Horakhty? Eh, that's fine.

4. They don't have power in the first place, just a lot of abilities that are mostly hax.

Also I was thinking, doing a key to split the pages from manga/anime (I don't think) is going to not work at all unless we do individual pages, otherwise it's gonna look like:

Yugi Muto (Manga) | Yami Yugi (Manga) | Atem (Manga) | Yugi Muto (Anime) | Yami Yugi (Anime) | Atem (Anime)

did I mention the keys are kinda whack too? Zorc and Bakura aren't even separated. Yugi and Yami aren't even separated. The only one who's actually separated is Marik.

Because Marik is husbando, so he gets the best profile

In all seriousness, outside of Season 4 villans and being stronger, the anime adaptation keys for characters of the original yugioh series doesn't need to exist.

In the case for the other series, well as another user pointed out, their plots barely resemble each other.

I beg to differ, not that I want them, because you got two staff members who said "yeah but the animeeeeee". I actually don't remember who but I think Matt was one of them? He was there when I talked about it.

@Marco

Did you not just hear me with the Season 4 villians?

@Ari

I'm neutral personally, but by the canonicity rules of the wiki, we wouldn't be able to actually add them.

The thing about the Yugioh Anime and Manga is that they are so different that you should honestly make keys for them. The phletora of feats in the anime are gigantic.

@Matt? Are you referring to the original or to the sequel series?

While I agree that the feats wise they are very different, plot wise its only an arc and a filler season, it would be like adding Toeiverse Goku.

SomebodyData said:
@Matt? Are you referring to the original or to the sequel series?
While I agree that the feats wise they are very different, plot wise its only an arc and a filler season, it would be like adding Toeiverse Goku.
Toeiverse Goku is accounted for in GT. Since that takes in account Toeiverse.

@Ari

I don't see how it is sloppy. I prefer many Keys.

That's because GT Goku is very different from mainstream Goku. Toeiverse (as in Z) does not have a page. Another example could be Toeiverse Buu, Frieza, or Manga Super Goku.

Those many keys are gonna look pretty weird when you got a high tier going into a low tier and then you have multiple canons clashing. Separate pages sounds cleaner IMO.

Did the canonicity rules change?

Please tell me, I want to make Super Manga Goku and Toeiverse Buu

Off-topic but I never understood why you couldn't just make a DBS manga page for Goku if he's that different. You have Z and Super separated already.

I don't know either. Although I think Matthew ironically enough was actually one of the people disagreeing with it's creation, but not sure.

The difference between two canons of one series that are just varying different in strength isn't the same as a crossover series with inconsistencies Marco.

We could just make just work on the manga changes first, then make an anime discussion, that said, given the current rules I don't think anime profiles (for the main cast, as much as I have to stress that, not non-canon exclusive characters) are coming anytime soon.

@SD

We can make an exception of the rule for Yugioh. In fact, it's more Dragon Ball which is restricted.

Or just make Keys in the same page, really.

@matt As much as I would like that, there really isn't a reason for an exception, all we would do is make Dragon Ball has bias against it. Maybe we should have a wider discussion about canonicity.

There is technically no reason not to have separate keys for them. I feel like we're blowing this issue slightly out of proportion.

@Kep

Seems perfectly proportional to me. Canonicity is contradicted a few times on both ends or mostly in spinoffs (GX/BBT).

A unique bump of sorts to get back on the grind. Yami Bakura's picture is pretty trash weird, just use this instead I guess. If the route ends up going split pages, manga-exclusive art for characters do exist, it's just a pain to render as I've tried before.

YamiBakura-DULI

... I have an ominous feeling about searching up Bakura pictures for rendering.

I'll add that pic for now. Do we have a good thief king Bakura image?

Back