• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh! DM (Canonicity Issues + Big Changes)

Arigarmy said:
you missed a few if you're going by that logic.
Elemental HERO Thunder Giant

Elemental HERO Neos

Those pages only represent their anime incarnation, nobody said that they were being used as actual card lore except for you. Though, if you're referring to Goblin Elite Attack Force feat for his 9-A stat, I can see where you're going with it.
Yeah

That could also apply to Neo's, since it's rating is for being comparable to Thunder giant for no reason other than 'maybe' attack stat

Most of my judgement from those days when I didn't think "wow this verse is a mess i need to read it" came from this guy. And, IIRC, the 9-A stat was kept because "he was far stronger than them". To me it made sense at the time but now I just want to give myself a slap on the neck because that makes 0 sense since I've read this thing twice and got my game on enough to burn the gx logo into my retnas.

The scaling for Neos was also prebuilt and laid out by said guy, I just constructed it. There's supposedly a 9-A feat for Cyber End and Diamond Dude, again quoting from said guy once more, so it could probably be fixed if someone ever dared to check the episode and see if it really is 9-A.

Though if you want to fix Plasma and the HEROES, that'll have to be a separate thread that I'm more than happy to help with.

Well, to be fair, I think there is alot of data to suggest that DM spirit world = Cards, since there's a Dark Magician that has nothing to do with Mahad from there in 5D's

It kind of relates to this thread since if there's anything mentioned about it in the manga, it's perfect for scaling

Spirit World? You mean the GX Spirit World? Considering there's multiple copies of these cards, and Zorc states that they are still ka on pieces of paper (makes ya think what bad guy makes a HERO ka), it's possible that Pegasus did some shenanigans to where it was possible to have duplicates stored on multiple copies, since y'know the entire fact that he's still kicking in the anime.

The spirit world where Judai became the Supreme King. I'm still not entirely enlightened on how it works or its orgins, but I know we see it as a actual place in 5ds independent of any tech using the Crimson Dragon

Technically, the Orichalcos Arc also brings up the involvement of a Duel Monsters Spirit World. It's where Yugi, Kaiba & Joey are in the... dreams/visions where they free the dragons, it's where the talking Dark Magician Girl spirit who shows up in the arc is from, & it's apparently where the army of monsters that attack Leviathan come from.

But who cares, anime only arc.

Hey, im just reading off the wiki.

Although that in and of itself probably isnt advised...

Ah well, my point was that there are probably references in there to it, although you've read it, not me...

There isn't. The only thing that dictates any life of "duel spirits" are Zorc saying ka on paper are DM cards.

I'd say just make different pages for manga and anime (or keys for less important characters). The anime and manga have alot of differences and the anime is better known.

What of Duelist Kingdom's Yugi vs Bakura, the latter half of Yugi vs Pegasus, Bakura vs Bonz, Yugi vs Bakura, or Bakura vs Marik, or Yugi vs Marik?

The participants of the Shadow Game see what's being affected around them, while those outside of it don't see anything. It's prominently stated in Yugi vs Pegasus and Yugi vs Marik, both by Joey.

What the hell do you mean the others can see what happens in shadow games? The gang saw how a massive purple sphere surrounded the players in Yugi vs pegasus, and when they came dowm there to help yugi, they just passed thru the entire thing.

Its flat out reality warping.

You read the manga, right? This is a serious question. If your answer is "no", I don't know why you're debating a claim against a person whose read this twice and knows most of his material like the back of his hand. Illusion Creation is not Reality Warping. Yugi explained how Shadow Games work several times, they're still illusions that only the participants can see.

Marco stop
The only time they could ever see something was Marik doing actual Darkness Manipulation in the final battle, but they still couldn't see the fact that they had regular Marik/Yugi's souls as the bet on the duel.

This thread is mostly manga-related stuff, the only thing that's anime-related is the off-topic stuff that's brought up about Season 4 and other differences between the two canons.

I don't really know nor can I support the anime having those powers or not.

Okay, does the manga also have the dark ball energy cover the entire duel like in the manga or Bakura and pegasus having a millenium item battle?

Well, they actually tried to touch it and they were just transported to the other side.

If it was an illusion, they wouldnt be able to see it or they could have touched Yugi´s back.

So i still argue that its a bit of space manipulation with the millenium eye, since it pretty much erased that portion of space from the regular universe.

You asked if the darkness remained, not if they had wacky space-time jumbo. Why are you switching a single question to confirm something entirely different? That's like saying "ah man I can't start my car" and then the other guy goes "must be out of gas".

also what about the eye

Maybe.

I mean, i cannot be sure that you didnt just read it once, can i?

I guess this can be solved by just letting other people have a go when the page is made with Content Revision threads and might find something you missed.

Why would I lie about the amount of times I read something?

I do have something that was "missed", mostly on purpose. Diabound attacked Slifer successfully, even though it was an ambush. I mostly just set that aside as an outlier because we know how Diabound went with literally every other God interaction.

Its a metaphor.

Just, in case someone finds something you MIGHT have missed or any mistake you COULD have missed, lets just let people that didnt make a content revision thread, okay?

Okay I'm just gonna make this poll, because I keep asking, and it's never put at a solid conclusion or there's not more than a single response.

What do?

Make separate pages for manga and anime

Ditch the anime, replace with the manga

Keep it as is

The poll was created at 22:16 on January 23, 2018, and so far 8 people voted.
Please wait, submitting your vote...
EDIT: Did you get anything you think you could do out of those scans yet @Data

Back