• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh! DM (Canonicity Issues + Big Changes)

Nope @Saik, the scans are too rough.

Also why are you making a poll? Its not gonna change the rules here...

I voted, just in case it was relevant, but SomebodyData has a point. I like the idea of having separate pages for the manga & anime, & technically, there is an example of us doing so with Dragon Ball Super, although I'm not entirely sure on WHY it's separated.

But the point is, our rules on Cano aren't very supportive of us being inclusive of the Yugioh: Duelist anime's canon, at least, it would seem so at the level of difference -or supposed lack thereof- it has shown so far.

Again, I like the idea of having separate pages for the manga & anime, but the way I've been told, that's apparently, simply not an option, as a result of... our Wiki's policy, I'd say. Dare I say, it currently doesn't seem like separate pages for the manga & anime is actually a CHOICE we HAVE.

Hopefully I'm not being inaccurate yet again. Sorry if so. I do appreciate you all tolerating my idiocy at least SOMEWHAT.

I posted the poll so I could keep count.

And what do you mean the scans are too rough? Obelisk's is pretty HQ.

@Imag.

Dragon Ball Super Goku is separated for size purposes. That said, I think separate profiles for manga and anime is the most appropriate action.

Darkanine said:
@Imag.
Dragon Ball Super Goku is separated for size purposes. That said, I think separate profiles for manga and anime is the most appropriate action.
But what basis is there to do so that our wiki's current policy supports? I'd like to think otherwise, but it seems doubtful there is one that makes it an appropriate thing to do.

IIRC the Alternative Canon guidelines state that it could be made for spin-offs with only main/relavent characters, so the other spin-offs are fine on their own. Whether or not the anime DM slides by canonicity guidelines is a bit hard for me to tell because there are some places where it falls in the net of both yes and no.

Darkanine said:
@Imag.
Agreed.

As for the Rules of Alternate Canon, I find myself not fully agreeing with them anymore.

@Matt, if so, can you make a thread about the alt canon? If people no longer agree with it, we would like for it to be quick so we don't mess the current pages and then have to fix it.

I get that you guys agree, and thank you for taking time on the thread, but why agree without making a thread to change the canonicity rules? Even if we're staff we have to follow procedure.

sorry for my absence i was just really sick

Anyway if the God Card stuff can't be calced in any way, shape, or form, what exactly do we do with them then?

And if they can't be calc'd, Zorc, the Gods, and BEWD are essentially down a million pegs.

I also checked the GX stuff from what Weekly claimed on Diamond Dude/Cyber Dragon, that "explosion" was really nothing worth talking about. The landscape wasn't even really hurt, it was more just killing that herd of whatever monster it was. Unrelated, but that also puts a hurt on Plasma if nothing can be done about it.

looks like more stuff needs to be revised for like the fifth time

@Arigarmy: Pardon my asking, but I'm curious about the context. Interested in viewing that, & any context. Would you be able & willing to give me a link? It's okay if not.

Context on Diamond Dude? I could give you the images on your wall if you wanted it, but basically Cyber Dragon and Destiny HERO - Diamond Dude blasted these herd of monsters away to protect some characters. Weekly claimed it to be a 9-A explosion, but really its just eliminating the monsters and no geographical damage to the area.

Ahhh, okay. I'd be interested in the images. If you know the episode number, that'd be neat, too. Pondering if it'll be worth looking into GX's 3rd season for feats. (I'm not sure what the stance on feats from mostly holographic duels is, so I tend to avoid them.)

Unknown, I guess.

If Data can't calc them for reasons, can they ever be calc'd? We follow by the rules that you can calc animated versions of manga stuff as long as it follows the original source. Ra's is way different, but maybe Obelisk can fly by. Not like I have the source for it though. Also:

>Pre-DSOD

Again, nobody agreed with your statement on DSOD stuff man.

Yeah it doesn't seem like I can calc it, maybe we should get a more experienced calcer here

Like I said, the calc request thread post was ignored, posting it again would just seem a bit persistent. I'll get on making a new thread if it bothers Kep that much.

Back