• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh! DM (Canonicity Issues + Big Changes)

@Ari really? Thought it was more of a pocket dimension? If not, then it may not be a feat.

Also, I think the tablets < the gods, but you probably have a point.

Pocket Dimension? Are you referring to the Memory World? Yes, that is a Pocket Dimension, the Millennium Puzzle is basically just projecting that world it made onto the D&D board Bakura designed. Again, found on the blog.

Yugi mil 7
What do you mean by tablets < gods? Like, Shadi and Zorc?

If you're referring to the cartouche, all its doing is just deflecting Zorc's blast because Atem's name is pretty powerful I guess? It's not explained very well.

Ye (Sorry am basically half-asleep so bear with me please if I make more mistakes or am slow)

Well I meant that you pointed out that it was the tablets of the God cards that took the hit, I just thought it would make sense if the God cards were superior to their respective tablets.

Sorry if I'm annoying you. I just needed a bit more context. I'm also kind of distracted with other things as well

The tablets of the God cards aren't relavent? They can be summoned just from the temple by using the puzzle, it's not a complicated task. God cards aren't stronger than just regular Gods, nor are they weaker.

Gods (MW) = Gods (BC). You're stumbling off to a bunch of different paths and conversations, get some sleep mang.

Someone to calc the manga storms in Battle City for the Gods, maybe. It'll clearly take time unless someone is really bored right now. I'll link my imgur to the God Card storms here. It's better than me yelling about how there's easily a one-way ticket to scale city by checking the blog this entire thread is built around to then get ignored and shoved aside for "hey remember season 4".

wew lad, no offense to you, just had to vent that out. I might as well sleep too, so hopefully things can kick back up tomorrow morning.

@Arigarmy: Again, my apologies for being a bit off-topic this thread & bothering you. I hope you can forgive me, & wish you the best. I also wish I could have contributed to this thread more.

@SD

"While it can be seen that way, I tried to imply that Zorc was not connected in any way that could assist in scaling or feats wise."

He is, though...?

"Currently you're assuming Zorc > Items via the guy wanting Zorc's powers. However that's neglecting the fact that the items were needed to remove the Seal, something Zorc couldn't do with his power."

You are aware this was because the thing that was sealed was Zorc himself, right? It's not like he was trying to break the seal on something else, failed, then needed the Millennium Items.

"In the very next page, that same power you stated is superior to the millennium items was stated to be equal to Dark Magician's."

That's not at all what that says. It says, in these exact words, "Akhenaden becomes the High Priest of Darkness! He gains the skills of a Black Magician and levels up!" It says that Akhenaden became stronger and gained the skills of a Black Magician. It does not say Dark Magician/Black Magician = Zorc's magic.

"Then Hasan (You know, the Spirit of the Stone Tablet.) blocks Zorc's attack."

Zorc being blocked by the light equivalent of himself is not an anti-feat.

"Who states that father of Atem made him out of his own soul to prevent the power of the items being used. Note how this means that the father's soul <<<<< Items, yet his soul was capable of taking hits for awhile."

Again, remember what Zorc is made out of? "He was made out of Atem's father's soul" on its own is also not contradictory to what Zorc can do.

"Once again stated that Zorc = High Priest of Darkness (Not a bad name btw), who we also know is a reflection of Zorc."

Having the Zorc's powers and being his "reflection" does not mean he is equal in every way to Zorc, especially when Zorc still exists.

"To prove that Dark Magician = High Priest of Darkness, Dark Magician negs the attack."

Negging one attack right before time resumes =/= having the exact same power.

"They all later get stomped on by Zorc, which would contradict all of this had it not been for the fact that it is also explained that none of them had their ba at full power."

I don't recall it ever being stated the result would be any different if their ba had been at maximum, with the sole exception being the Pharaoh summoning the Gods, unless I'm forgetting something.

"There is also the issue that the reason they would scale, the 8th item, wasn't even made in any relation to Zarc, heck even calling it the eighth item isn't accurate, as the idea comes from Sera asking if it is "Sera: Is that cube the eighth Millennium Item that connects to the space between dimensions?""

A "Millennium Item" would still have been created by similar means (as in, the Millennium Tome). There is no reason to assume it would be so astronomically different in nature. Also, where is the idea of it not being the eighth Millennium Item ever brought into question? I don't remember that, at all.

"And finally, the same guy who thought that Zorc > the items, also states Zorc is basically incomparable to the Gods (In other words, an unreliable source), which we know is not true at all in the manga."

He stated Zorc was incomparable as a way of saying he was above them, if you're referring to the part I think you are.

Whoops. Can't believe I missed this, but

"Shadi, who resisted several hits from Zorc, also got one shot by Dark Bakura with only the Millenium Ring as well."

When did Zorc attack Shadi? Are you referring to Shadi playing Hasan in the world of memories? Because I don't think that was in any way implying Shadi was literally Hasan the whole time.

The guy was alive until the Ring killed him.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Whoops. Can't believe I missed this, but
"Shadi, who resisted several hits from Zorc, also got one shot by Dark Bakura with only the Millenium Ring as well."

When did Zorc attack Shadi? Are you referring to Shadi playing Hasan in the world of memories? Because I don't think that was in any way implying Shadi was literally Hasan the whole time.

The guy was alive until the Ring killed him.
Kid Bakura killed Shadi but that was only his physical form. Afterwards he is like a ghost in the story. He even appears in the end of the ceremonial battle.

"Zorc being blocked by the light equivalent of himself is not an anti-feat." and "Again, remember what Zorc is made out of? "He was made out of Atem's father's soul" on its own is also not contradictory to what Zorc can do."

Pretty sure Zorc was made from the darkness of the hearts of everyone, not sure where you got Atem's father's soul?

"I don't recall it ever being stated the result would be any different if their ba had been at maximum, with the sole exception being the Pharaoh summoning the Gods, unless I'm forgetting something."

I think it was actually implied by Zorc while fighting Exodia, and stated after the army of the dead was destroyed, I could look for it if you want.

"That's not at all what that says. It says, in these exact words, "Akhenaden becomes the High Priest of Darkness! He gains the skills of a Black Magician and levels up!" It says that Akhenaden became stronger and gained the skills of a Black Magician. It does not say Dark Magician/Black Magician = Zorc's magic." and "Having the Zorc's powers and being his "reflection" does not mean he is equal in every way to Zorc, especially when Zorc still exists"

That's not considering even Zorc says being his reflection would warrant him having the power to defeat Hasan. It would mean that being a reflection is a direct comparison of power. But doesn't this contradict your statement of Hasan being the light counterpart to Zorc, if the Priest is a threat to him, then wouldn't he scale regardless, assuming what you said is correct?

"When did Zorc attack Shadi? Are you referring to Shadi playing Hasan in the world of memories? Because I don't think that was in any way implying Shadi was literally Hasan the whole time."

Actually, Shadi is Hasan, they're the spirit of the Millennium Stone.

Gonna put this aside for a sec, because of this:

"A "Millennium Item" would still have been created by similar means (as in, the Millennium Tome). There is no reason to assume it would be so astronomically different in nature. Also, where is the idea of it not being the eighth Millennium Item ever brought into question? I don't remember that, at all."

I pointed out the entire idea of it even being a Millenium item comes from an experienced user questioning if it even is a Millennium item. Even the users don't know if it is an item. Outside of this one statement, there is nothing in the sub that even suggests it. It doesn't even a leniency towards justice, evil, or both; and uses Prana instead of Ba / magic.

Okay, here's the Shadi thing:

Shadi is Bobasa. Bobasa is a living safe of the Millennium Items; so basically a human Millennium tablet. When the Millennium tablet is complete and Zorc is arisen, so does Bobasa turn into Hasan for the rest of the story.

They even mention that it's Shadi before he dies, and the same thing goes for them seeing Bobasa going into Hasan while Bakura's going "haha yugi i used my cool hourglass to stop time for everyone except like 6 people".

H013 dd
EDIT: Are you guys referring to DSoD when you're saying Bakura killed Shadi?

IIRC, that was when Bakura first got the ring when he was a kid. If he really did kill Shadi, he wouldn't have even appeared in the manga because he had to appear to test Yugi in chapters 9-12 or even meet him in the first place.

@kep

this yaint a thread to joke around in man, shit needs to be done here.

DsoD is suppose to be canon to the manga... So unless there is a direct statement saying he's alive , not dead... He's dead. It doesn't matter how much he looks and feels. Spirits in fiction tend to sometimes be physical.

Doesn't explain how he's exactly a spirit either.

Bakura would've also had taken the Key and Scales too if he did die. Getting the items was his main objective.

T2ES is right. Im extremely certain all those instances was Shadi being a spirit after being killed in DSoD by Kid Bakura. Shadi's death is a plot point in the story since thats when Diva first got the Plana cube and its the sole reason why Diva hates Bakura in the first place.

So unless we have some evidence of physical stuff, Shadi later on in the series is just a spirit. Not alive.

define "physical stuff"

Shadi still doesn't have a page anyway, discussion about him is still useless to what we need to work on, which is everyone else.

Pretty sure Shadi just takes physical manifestations, its not something new with ghosts or even yugioh. But yeah, this is kinda derailing, I think we got the point across.

Among other things, there's also the entire thing about Zorc's fake "time manipulation" I've mentioned on the blog if any of you want to talk about that.

Arent the god cards stated to be a planetary threat in the manga?

Also, dont forget BBT scales to the ANIME since Pegasus was still alive.

And that Manga Yugi will be scaled to the Dsod movie eventuallly.

Wait did Yugi have the Egyptian God Cards at this point?

If not, then this could also take place before the arc Pegasus dies in the manga, meaning it would scale to manga.

If yes, then it works with the anime, still contradicts everything season 4 brought tho.

Im pretty sure the Gods being called Planetary threats is anime only based off Ishizu's statement to Kaiba.

And thats when All 3 are together, not even individually.

Well for reasons more than one its not that simple.

First, plantetary threat doesnt mean 5-B. Just like universal threats don't mean your 3-A or Low 2-C.

Secomd, it was only a statement but considering its Ishizu its likely very credible.

Third, given Ishizu said with just one of the god cards you can defeat millions of armies, or something along the line, all 3 being A planetary threat is at best life wiping.

I sincerely doubt the manga is implying that Shadi actually was Hasan (a spirit), became human, died, and then became a ghost. Especially with Bakura mentioning minor changes and familiar NPCs within the same exact arc.

SomebodyData said:
Gonna put this aside for a sec, because of this:

snip
This assumes that:

A) the line exists for no reason whatsoever.

B) Shadi randomly had an artifact with no connection to any others in the setting that was >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all Millennium Items, Zorc, and the Gods combined.

C) this thing left behind by Atem was unfathomably superior to something Atem himself struggled with.

Back