• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh! DM (Canonicity Issues + Big Changes)

Actually,

Yugi Manga

Manga > R > BBT (Could also fit here, as long as it takes place before Pegasus' death) > DSOD

It should probably be mentioned Kaiba's tech sounds a lot like a predecessor to VRains.

GX's only inconsistency to the manga is Pegasus's existence, which could be explained by R's attempts to revive him in the story.

Still pointing out Season 4 cannot coexist with BBT, and the fact that only the manga gets support but not the anime makes me doubt it even more.

Actually, BBT must be part of the anime because Yugi never met Pegasus before Duelist Kingdom.

Also, Pyramid of Light also kinda uses scenes from the anime and takes place after Season 3, but its not canon.

But if you are okay with the Manga - R - BBT - DSOD "Timeline" for Manga Yugi, its also fine.

I'd agree with Marco's suggestion, or having different keys but I can see how keys would be messy. But nonetheless, given the different feats, & likely different keys & powers & abilities, I feel there may be some merit to having anime profiles.

Let me restate feats I stated in a previous thread : - Yugi in GX has spacetime manipulation, the Older Yugi created a time period for his former self to take on Judai ( Stated episode 179 ... Older Yugi states Younger Yugi's superiority in episode 178 ) . The younger Yugi ( Battle City ) is flat out stated to be stronger than the Older Yugi .Maybe an outlier... But it definitely happened.

Code:
Would this deserve a key ?

He never did in BBT either tho, Pegasus (left due to being scared off) before they interacted if I remember correctly.

Like I said before, Pyramid of Light is non-canon to even the anime.

K

Yeah, but there are like, four diferent anime yugis.

Pyramid of Light Yugi (To be fair, this one could make sense as part of Duel monsters Yugi), Duel monsters Yugi, Capsule Monsters Yugi and Season 0 Yugi.

Jesus guys, I'm asking if we do keys on one page or separate pages for each canon solely because of the whole back-forth argument made for it. Toei Yugi shouldn't even really be a thing unless someone really really wishes to have it done.

@Data

VRains was initiated by an entirely separate company.

Why do you put R as a second following canon and BBT as a third when DSOD is an actual followup on the original manga?

If we were to really just do two Profiles, then my suggestion is:

Anime Yugi should cover:

Duel Monsters, BBT, Pyramid of Light and GX.

Manga Yugi should cover:

Manga - R - Dsod.

And leave Toei Yugi and Capsule Monsters Yugi for the future generations to do.

We shouldn't do it untill the canonicity rules change. We should only have Manga Duel Monsters and allow the rest of the series their own manga profiles because they are generally fundamentally different.

Given Kaiba leaves to the Afterlife at the end of Yugioh DSoD, it could have been bought out. Its mostly something I'm just saying is strangely alike, don't mean for it to be of any use here.

I'm just putting R and BBT there because they would have happened in the series itself, technically it should be Yugioh > BBT > Yugioh > R > Yugioh > DSoD but that doesn't look right at all.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
@Ari
Apparently the exact timeframe is six months after the manga ends.
Yes, I'm aware. I'm assuming he's talking about importance, and not chronological order, because BBT can't be after R is Pegasus was already dead two arcs earlier.

@Ari oh thats what you meant, nah i just put BBT there on accident but when it happened didnt matter so I didn't edit it lol

Is it the case that the Yugioh Duelist anime doesn't fall under Tertiary Canon? "In addition a tertiary canon will be allowed. The tertiary canon consists of official adaptations not overseen by the author, which do not modify or contradict source material. "

Kaiba actually comes back, as shown in a picture drawn by the creator were he explains Kaiba Corp starts funding Yugi´s games.

@Everyone Okay, we are getting derailed

I think we all accept the manga's overall stuff in regards to to what happens it in.

Now, does anyone have any legitimate reasons to add anime Yugioh?

@Marco just said it was an obversation, it literally was a minor comment that had nothing to do here.

Well, Anime and manga yugioh are pretty different.

And, in my honest opinion, it should cover Duel Monsters, GX, Pyramid of Light and BBT (Because 5ds references Paradox)

This isn't really a argument, but we're kind of looking at this in the wrong way. The Manga and Anime are VERY different, with only the first season being similar in any way. As in, not a single villain or event after the two is the same at all, so it seems really nitpicky to say that we should disregard the anime for being too similar when it's part of a completely separate timeline that usually supercedes the manga

Are these reasons valid: The feats, scaling, powers & abilities differ. Scaling from events that occurred in arcs that did not occur in the manga may be involved.

There are also a number of anime-only arcs. The most notable is arguably the DOMA/Seal of Orichalcos arc, which features Leviathan, Dartz & probably has some other minor, notable feats.

I feel that, while they wouldn't scale outside of themselves, or at least, not to the characters, the Legendary Heroes Arc & Virtual World Arc may be notable for the feats & hax. Both depict monsters in them, but the LH Arc has the cast actually able to summon their monsters, use their cards as magic. So maybe feats/hax exclusive to those arcs, or maybe statistics to tie into card lore, since how the cards in the game seems to have similar basis to the card lore.

Also, IIRC, Joey & Mai are involved in some gladiatorial arena thing very briefly. But again, Virtual Reality, lol.

Is it any more different than the Dragon Ball Z anime and its manga counterpart, to help explain how different it must be.

Like I said before, non-canon exclusive characters are allowed, so anyone could make a Dartz profile if they want for example.

@Yobo development wise, Pegasus is the only one that is significantly different from what I remember.

We already went through spells and traps a long time ago, and it was concluded they aren't actually usable in real life (Some of them are even events)

Nah, that is definitely not High 6-A.

@SomebodyData: There are some minor differences, as listed here. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_-_Duelist_Manga_and_Anime_Differences Personally, though, I feel that page, while mostly accurate, is poorly made & outdated. It hardly mentions everything. There is, of course, yes, Pegasus dies in manga, lives in anime.

There are no giant duel arenas in DK, just booths with tables. Panik uses rope, not flamethrowers. The anime has a whole episode dedicated to Tristan, Tea & Bakura sneaking around Pegasus's castle. Bakura uses magic to make them think it was all a dream. Later, Tristan goes to find Mokuba's body in the castle, Bakura joins, & in the anime, at least, Tristan throws away the Millenium Ring, which later comes back, of course.

Duke's father is uninvolved in the anime, unlike in the manga. Kaiba sets the countdown to blow up the Duel Tower before Yugi & Marik's duel. Bakura journeys with Joey through Battle City and seperates when he meets Marik. Battle City Joey vs Yugi has a different set-up, as does the tag duel involving Yugi & Kaiba. Bakura never stole & summoned Marik's God Card, The Winged Dragon of Ra in his duel against Marik; He just sent it straight to the GY in the Manga.

There's multiple anime only. Legendary Heroes, Virtual World, DOMA/Orichalcos, & KaibaCorp Grand Championship.

I'm not sure how notable all those minor differences, the different arcs, & the different feats are.

Yobobojojo said:
This isn't really a argument, but we're kind of looking at this in the wrong way. The Manga and Anime are VERY different, with only the first season being similar in any way. As in, not a single villain or event after the two is the same at all, so it seems really nitpicky to say that we should disregard the anime for being too similar when it's part of a completely separate timeline that usually supercedes the manga

The first season is the most different, everything is mostly similar what are you talking about?

The differences are minor tho, not saying it isn't often (difference here), but they are generally your generic padding and filler.

@Imag hmmm, examples include:

Yugioh 5Ds manga and anime, Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary and the original canon, etc

Well then, assuming all those differences aren't enough, what of a different matter: Anime-only incarnations of the main characters? Ex: The Legendary Heroes & Virtual World versions of the main characters?

SomebodyData said:
The first season is the most different, everything is mostly similar what are you talking about?
The differences are minor tho, not saying it isn't often (difference here), but they are generally your generic padding and filler.
What?

Back