• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh! DM (Canonicity Issues + Big Changes)

On the topic of Yugi, Marik & Bakura, I did mention stuff about them earlier. Mostly anime stuff. Pharoah getting in front of Joey to tank Ra's attack against Mai, Marik having Electricity Manipulation & scaling to Bakura who scales to Pegasus, & Bakura having... Memory Manipulation &/or mind manipulation in what I believe is the anime only episode 28. And Pegasus having what is either BFR/Teleportation or Mind Manipulation in the same episode.

Also, Yugi vs Bakura in Battle City ends with Yami Bakura being attacked directly by Slifer.

Yobobojojo said:
I think the agreement was we should assume that he only warped the planet, although Tier 2 would be consistent for Exodia as being >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Galaxy Busters
Wasn't Aigami specifically going to alter the whole "dimension" to create a new world, or something to that extent?

Of course, this unfortunately wouldn't scale to Exodia if Zorc curbstomped him.

As for not peak human, I believe there was a point in the manga where he falls off a building and impaled the puzzle deep enough in the stone to stop himself

@Azzy pretty much. He was actually trying to alter all the worlds though... Which each of those " bubbles " was an alternate timeline. Yes you can interpret them as "higher-worlds", but let's not go there for now. Albeit, he was doing it at a snails pace, but he definitely had the power to affect all of them acccording to Aigami's sister.

@Azathoth

SD and I discussed Aigami and nah we agreed he wouldnt be tier 2. He'd be at least 5-B via the Plana's power.

Though how is Exodia scaling above stuff in DSoD?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I obviously agree with making a clear distinction between the anime and manga, as well as using the original canon (manga, in this case).
Also, it's been a while, but did Exodia ever do anything to scale somewhat to Zorc in the manga? Or did he get one-shot? Because canon Zorc scales to stuff in DSoD, which I'm pretty sure places him somewhere within lower-end Tier 2, if I'm remembering correctly.
This is my opinion. Make a Manga Key and an Anime Key.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
@Azathoth
SD and I discussed Aigami and nah we agreed he wouldnt be tier 2. He'd be at least 5-B via the Plana's power.
OK but why, though? Everything in his plan revolved around transforming the "dimension", did it not? Unless Earth was suggested to be the what was being referred to, I don't see why that would be 5-B.

Unless there's something in the original where they never use "dimension" or whatever, but that would seem at odds with the overall theme of the movie.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
@Azathoth

Though how is Exodia scaling above stuff in DSoD?
Our current scaling system involves using card lore as duel monster spirit world due to being pretty much the same thing, meaning that that Exodia, as I underestand, would be the one who is superior to Galaxy Busters in lore, but only for GX.

It seems eerily similar to the Horakty thread

No they aren't.

First off, where in the world was it stated the Plana's power was effecting more than 1 dimension? Because I have the movie downloaded and not once is that even implied. It's explicity mentioned over and over that the plana's power would be effecting the world and no world beyond that.

Second, even with that, the process in which the Plana was doing it was in an unknown timeframe and that was when Aigami was boosted by the Millenium rings energy too.

That seems like a huge amount of argument from incredulity, honestly. Very little was actually discussed, and it seems that it was arbitrarily decided that all uses of "world" there only referred to the planet, despite a posted quote using it as synonymous with "dimension".

If they are using world as in the dimension of humans, as in, our universe, it should at least be 3-A.

Agree with Azathoth.

I wasn't picking either side in that argument, I was just gathering info and left off on what was concluding. Never really had an opinion on it.

@Azathoth I pointed out that Zorc having anything to do with the creation of the items was dub only, in case you didn't see that. He was just revived with it in sub and the manga.

Not sure if an anime key is really necessary, even DBZ had more differences (plot wise, not saying feat wise) to its original story. Non-canon villains I'm okay with tho.

Great to hear your feeling better too Azathoth.

@Somebody

Well what do you think of Aigami and the plana again? Should it be universe level at least afterall?

AFAIK The only thing a stat for Aigami and the Cube would just effect Aigami and the power of Kaiba's tech. I've read TRANSCEND GAME (proper name is in all caps) a few, the technology is supposed to reach the afterlife as a mortal by syncing consciousness, not time travel as SD said in the other thread.

Kaiba gets a mega hard-on when he realized it.

Blue eyes white nut

@Azathoth

He made him make it. He didn't even give him any power.

And you do realize quite literally the below panel he actually gives him his own power right? Like, after they were created?...

They were also from a spell from the Millennium Book, not Zorc.

Also, their power comes from 99 human souls.

Like I said, only used to revive him, he didn't actually make it.

SomebodyData said:
@Azathoth
He made him make it. He didn't even give him any power.

And you do realize quite literally the below panel he actually gives him his own power right? Like, after they were created?...

They were also from a spell from the Millennium Book, not Zorc.

Also, their power comes from 99 human souls.

Like I said, only used to revive him, he didn't actually make it.
Unless I'm mistaken, isnt Zorc the darkness in the souls?

And like I said before, outside of the non-canon villains, we shouldn't have anime profiles for the original manga, its basically like have a DBZ profile for Goku.

@SD

That is like the most disingenuous retelling of the events possible. These are your exact words.

"I pointed out that Zorc having anything to do with the creation of the items was dub only, in case you didn't see that. He was just revived with it in sub and the manga."

This implies Zorc has nothing to do with the Millennium Items, which is false in every sense.

It's directly stated that Akhenaden created them in according to Zorc's will. This is involvement in their creation. Saying that it isn't contradicts the manga itself.

Notice how all of this was done merely to release Zorc, and Akhenaden craves Zorc's power. Zorc's power > the Millennium Items.

It seems like you thought I was arguing "Zorc created the Millennium Items with his own power", which I never said.

Ye, unless he's talking metaphorically, but even then this is before he is resurrected. Also, 3.5 of the items' power comes from Justice, which is the opposite.

I think that Yami Yugi should be At least High Universe level, likely higher.

Reasons:

Yugioh More than Infinite attack points

Matthew Schroeder said:
I think that Yami Yugi should be At least High Universe level, likely higher.
Reasons:

I know you're joking, but that's a dubism anyway

Back