• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh! DM (Canonicity Issues + Big Changes)

I still think the number of anime-only feats, abilities, & scaling things that come up from the anime is worth noting at least alternate keys/profiles. At the very least, for indexing.

Imaginym said:
Eh, scaling card game lore to Duel Monsters Spirit World would mean cross continuity scaling, no? Also, maybe magic/PIS, but Exodia was literally locked behind locked doors. With chains, & actual locks. Those holding it bac- Well, them holding it back would probably be improper, be the AP from scaling, or from calculating AP via size, I suppose.
I mean, that's what we're doing right now with GX....

Matthew Schroeder said:
I think that Yami Yugi should be At least High Universe level, likely higher.
Reasons:

Yugioh More than Infinite attack points
Yugioh More than Infinite attack points
I think that we should probably get this thread done before we make funny meemees because Dan Green can't read a card with no text.

Reasons:

Yug 2
also because this verse is a mess why is atem still 9-C

On the topic of Orichalcos arc dubisms, during the battle with Leviathan AFTER the duel, Yugi uses Multiply on one of the 3 Legendary Knights. IIRC, it either makes a lot of the knight or multiplies its power. Dub, he says by 10,000, IIRC. I don't think there was a number in sub.

Of course, Leviathan tanks it anyway.

Hell, Kaiba stoped a bullet with his briefcase before jumping off a building into water on reaction and blocked a gun's hammer with a card.

He should at least be supersonic.

Didn't Kaiba at one or points pierce metal with a card? Like in that gun feat? ....Thinking on it, what if Kaiba scaled to Obelisk's explosion feat(s)?

Arigarmy said:
Toei isn't the manga, Yob.
also i said atem not yami yugi
I think it happened there too though, but I could be wrong. Anyway that's Yami Yugi, so worthless either way

@Marco

That first one never happened.

That second one, now that's debatable. But Kaiba doesn't have a page anyway, now does he?

@Imaginym

He threw his BEWD at a guy hard enough to draw blood, yes. The distance in the manga is much more """realistic""" compared to the yards away in the anime.

Kaiba disarmed two armed guards by launching cards.

Resisted Diva's BFR, changed his own future and summoned Obelisk without the card with his will alone.

Yobobojojo said:
I think it happened there too though, but I could be wrong.
You're very wrong. You're talking about Yugi's first "fight" in the Toei version, which is a hell of a lot different than in the manga.

Arigarmy said:
@Marco
That first one never happened.

That second one, now that's debatable. But Kaiba doesn't have a page anyway, now does he?

@Imaginym

He threw his BEWD at a guy hard enough to draw blood, yes. The distance in the manga is much more """realistic""" compared to the yards away in the anime.
What do you mean the bullet-blocking briefcase scene never happened?

Okay, now that Kaiba has been shown to be far above the regular man, can we discuss if Duel Monsters has real hax in the real world?

I'm still talking about manga differences, I've been doing it for most of this thread.

briefcase? never happened. If I say never happened, I'm hoping you realize I'm saying "never happened in the manga".

Oh, thank god.

So this thread will cover literally everything about the manga and then have manga yugi/kaiba be scaled to the movies (BBT and DSOD)

Then we can focus on the rest.

Can anyone find a link to the manga online so this can go much smoothier?

Let's see what we've accepted:

Prana should be Tier 2-3

Zorc did have a hand in creation of the items, and, adding to that, was specifically stated to have been made by dark Alchemy, adding to the validity of the claim, and thus should scale

Atem should be 10-A

Yes, because that's still covering the first topic. If we are going to split them, a lot of things are going to need changing that people don't already realize. That would be a place to start, yes.

Nobody else has realized or maybe nobody read my respect thread sad bois that the Gods, Zorc, and Exodia are now completely empty of their one Tier 5 stat without an eclipse feat. Luckily I've got a few Egyptian God storms backed up from Battle City, that's a good start.

@Yob

We haven't all decided on anybody being Tier 2 yet, we just stopped talking about it for like the 6th time now.

Kaiba resisted Prana with his new duel disk against "not corrupted" Diva, this should scale to Yugi as well since he also has that new duel disk.

And BBT DOES scale to the ANIME since Pegasus is still alive, and giving kids free cards before being crushed by a building.

Marco Shark said:
Kukui
Why are you against 3-A Dsod with so much evidence against you?
First of all, im not against 3-A DSoD as long as it makes sense and I literally asked SD if we should retract our decision and accept it as at least tier 3. Read before claiming stuff please.

Second, "define" this evidence please. Because I hardly see anything posted for it. The only reason why the Plana's being considered tier 3-2 is because of the dimension statement stuff.

Arigarmy said:
Yes, because that's still covering the first topic. If we are going to split them, a lot of things are going to need changing that people don't already realize. That would be a place to start, yes.
Nobody else has realized or maybe nobody read my respect thread sad bois that the Gods, Zorc, and Exodia are now completely empty of their one Tier 5 stat without an eclipse feat. Luckily I've got a few Egyptian God storms backed up from Battle City, that's a good start.

@Yob

We haven't all decided on anybody being Tier 2 yet, we just stopped talking about it for like the 6th time now.
I don't think that's quite true. It occurred with some prior weakening of Leviathan, which had drained the God's power earlier in the arc, & then powering up of the Gods after Leviathan & the Egyptian Gods began fighting, but technically, the Egyptian Gods did clash with Leviathan, who has a 5-C feat .

In an anime only key, they can scale to that, no?

Also, my FIRST REPLY TO THIS THREAD posts 2 feats for Obelisk & another feat for Slifer, with video links. So if we can't scale them to Leviathan, then can't we use one or more of those feats as a basis? (Not to dismiss your feat collection, though. I appreciate that as well.)

(Also, I thought the eclipse was anime only. It's manga only? If it is manga only, my bad, but oh well.)

Also, im disagreeing with the Kaiba resisting plana stuff. Thats just his duel disk's tech no-selling blatent BFR, which I could agree to him getting.

Yugi shouldnt get it though. Just because he has one of the new duel disks doesnt mean its the same as Kaibas. In fact, Kaiba's duel disk is depicted more as a unique one since it allows him to sync his mind with all of Kaiba corps. crystal cloud network, which is pretty much the origin of all his technology. And given his duel disk can combine with even Diva's cube to reach the afterlife, that also shows how Yugis is very different.

Because of two reasons.

1.-Kaiba summoned Obelisk out of his will alone and destroyed the dimension created by Diva on their duel on a single attack.

2.-In the final battle, Atem beats Corrupted Diva with Mahad and reverses the Universal scale BFR (if not more, but at least universal simce you dont see the stars as its taking effect) done by the Millenium ring and the Quantic Cube combined.

Okay, let's stop for a second and figure this out

Priorities:

1. Remove Tier 5 God's, sans Horakthy, and find new tiers

2. Decide if we should scale Duel Spirits to their in-lore counterparts

3. Remove the 9-C from Atem and remove abilities mentioned in OP, along with Marik and Bakura

4. Find Zorc and Horakthy's new Tier.

5. Prana

6. DSoD

7. Manga and/or anime key(s)

8. Anything else.

Are you listening to yourself?

Yugi literally has the same duel disk as Kaiba does.

And Atem is already inmune to it since he saved Joey from Dxistanxe Erasure, so it wouldnt even matter if its the same duel disk or not, since it would also scale to Yugi with Atem.

Back