• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh! DM (Canonicity Issues + Big Changes)

@Imag

Again, I'm exclusively talking about the manga stuff. The only thing I actually recall from the anime is it being a lot different in some places than the manga. So, in this situation, my care for Leviathan goes from 0 to -1. What should ever happen to the anime stuff isn't my territory. All I know how to do is how to read and get my game on.

I'll repeat it once again. The Gods, Zorc, Blue-Eyes, and Exodia (-----> in the manga <-----) are featless, except with the Battle City storms and a few statements from other characters (Zorc, Priest Seto, Seto's dad with a long name I keep forgetting), in the manga.

@Yob

There are going to be a lot more priorities than that. Read the OP man, I've got every single difference laid out.

Marco Shark said:
Because of two reasons.
1.-Kaiba summoned Obelisk out of his will alone and destroyed the dimension created by Diva on their duel on a single attack.

2.-In the final battle, Atem beats Corrupted Diva with Mahad and reverses the Universal scale BFR (if not more, but at least universal simce you dont see the stars as its taking effect) done by the Millenium ring and the Quantic Cube combined.
1. The latter is unquantifiable and if anything even game mechanics. There is not one piece of context that gives dimensions during dimension duels actual sizes. The former is summoning tho.

2. Because Atem's very presence in the living world nullifies the plana and recants it. Which isn't even a feat. Literally the instant Atem manifiests in Yugi's body the plana starts disappering, hence why Diva was willing to go so far to eliminate Yugi as he's Atems vessle. In other words, Atem beat corrupted Diva not because he's stronger, but because he came back to the living world, which automatically negates the plana. That doesn't scale to anything.

@Arigarmy: My sincerest apologies for bothering you so much. Sorry.

For Millenium World, it might make scaling a bit strange... maybe. But AFAIK, there aren't too many in-lore monsters with feats above Tier 5 in Duel Monsters. Some Normal Monsters have natural disaster feats in their card descriptions, IIRC, though.

Technically speaking, monsters in the anime often have text, too, suggesting they might share their IRL counterparts' lore, but I'd be unsure what the basis in the setting is for it. Inscribed on their tablets which Industrial Illusions adapts to cards?

Still, they seem meant to depict the same entities, so I don't see why Duel Spirits shouldn't scale to in-lore counterparts.

who said "We" bruh

Anyway, the storm feats should definitely be a head start for manga Gods. Ra's feat seems a bit weird since it doesn't look like a horizon feat AFAIK, though Obelisk's on Alcatraz is definitely a fit.

Give a minute to edit this post and find the scan, but the DM spirits do transfer over to the modern world since Zorc goes all "woah these ka are on pieces of paper", also it's literally the only way Horakthy ever came out because they had to use the God Cards to summon the actual gods because Atem lost his pendant to Bakura many chapters prior.

Yobobojojo said:
Okay, let's stop for a second and figure this out
Priorities:

1. Remove Tier 5 God's, sans Horakthy, and find new tiers

2. Decide if we should scale Duel Spirits to their in-lore counterparts

3. Remove the 9-C from Atem and remove abilities mentioned in OP, along with Marik and Bakura

4. Find Zorc and Horakthy's new Tier.

5. Prana

6. DSoD

7. Manga and/or anime key(s)

8. Anything else.
Updated.

Anything else I'm missing?

Pls stop talking about that, Kukui.

Did you even see the movie? Joey was getting erased as he forgot stuff, and then Atem saved him when he was about to be erased.

Or if you want things to be done your way, then Joey can resist BFR and Existence Erasure. ;-)

@Azzy

"This implies Zorc has nothing to do with the Millennium Items, which is false in every sense."

While it can be seen that way, I tried to imply that Zorc was not connected in any way that could assist in scaling or feats wise.

Currently you're assuming Zorc > Items via the guy wanting Zorc's powers.

However that's neglecting the fact that the items were needed to remove the Seal, something Zorc couldn't do with his power.

To go further into that, look at this:

In the very next page, that same power you stated is superior to the millennium items was stated to be equal to Dark Magician's.here

Then Hasan (You know, the Spirit of the Stone Tablet.) blocks Zorc's attack. here

Who states that father of Atem made him out of his own soul to prevent the power of the items being used. Note how this means that the father's soul <<<<< Items, yet his soul was capable of taking hits for awhile. here

Once again stated that Zorc = High Priest of Darkness (Not a bad name btw), who we also know is a reflection of Zorc. here

To prove that Dark Magician = High Priest of Darkness, Dark Magician negs the attack. here

They all later get stomped on by Zorc, which would contradict all of this had it not been for the fact that it is also explained that none of them had their ba at full power.

There is also the issue that the reason they would scale, the 8th item, wasn't even made in any relation to Zarc, heck even calling it the eighth item isn't accurate, as the idea comes from Sera asking if it is "Sera: Is that cube the eighth Millennium Item that connects to the space between dimensions?"

Shadi, who resisted several hits from Zorc, also got one shot by Dark Bakura with only the Millenium Ring as well.

@Everyone Prana (The Ability) and the Prana Realm are different, just to let you know.

Oh no. I have the movie downloaded on PC and watched it like 20+ times. And what your saying is taken out of context.

Joey stopped the erasure because he remembered Atem, which is too powerful of a memory for Diva to erase. He even says this when coming back from it.

It's nothing more than "the power of friendship" kind of thing. Obviously Atem didn't literally come back or else the Plana would have been destroyed right then and there.

I completely forgot Shadi was in this arc. I also completely forgot Shadi is a goddamn tank and took every Zorc blast until he offed himself. Too bad he doesn't have a page.

Zorc mad

Im done discussing the obvious.

You are just implying Joey can resist (not corrupted) Diva's BFR and Existence Erasure.

Anyways, i will go search for new tiers for the manga egyptian gods

This thread is being derailed. Chaos is supposed to be reserved to versus threads. At this rate we will never finish.

@Arigarmy

Do you have any Calcs for the new tiers?

We don't need to search, I already have everything. I made the blog for a reason and linked it for a reason.

Also, I'm siding with Kukui on this one. Atem couldn't have saved Joey unless the Plana magically disappears with it. With the Pharoahs return comes the destruction of the Plana, quite a literal prophecy.

"I also completely forgot Shadi is a goddamn tank and took every Zorc blast until he offed himself."

Shadi confirmed greater than Millenium items then lol

He was a literal safe for the Millenium Items made to be the anti-Zorc for when Zorc was to ever be revived. He should definitely be Zorc tier.

According to DSoD, Kid Bakura killed him when he first got possessed by the M.R.

And this was a major plot point since Diva was given the plana cube before Shadi died.

@Marco

Okay. Consession accepted.

So you're saying one millennium item boi killed a Zorc Tier character?

I'm sorry Azzy, now I'm just rubbing it in.

@Data

He sacrificed himself to Zorc's final blast before they summon Horakthy.

@Kukui

Gimme that scan tho.

Are either we actually doing anything other then trying to debunk a debunking of a debunked debunked debunking debunk? If not, I suggest we should get back on track. What Tier will the gods be?

He never died twice? He said "ok bye yugi see you next never" and then he appeared 300 chapters later saving Atem.

@Yobo

Dude, come on. I'll need to spell it out for you. If I'm urging you to look at scans, that's means we don't know, but there is a way to find out through the power of math.

Well Zorc did help create the village world they were in, as well as create clouds the moment they were summoned, but I would wait for Azzy to rebute my comment first. So Gods > whatever Zorc is.

Obelisk be High 3-A for what? We're talking manga here.

@Data

"So Gods > whatever Zorc is"

No, no no no God no that'd be way different. Zorc's stated he > Gods any day of the week. Think about it: Why would they need Horakthy if the God Cards could just kill him?

https://youtu.be/YcJlcy6YBaQYBaQ

Since the full movie isn't even on YouTube anymore, this is the absolute best thing I can link. This shows the entire death scene of Shadi. Bakuras dad tried getting the ring, power corrupted and attacked him, Bakura picks it up, gets possessed and one shots Shadi, who gives the cube to Diva seconds before he dies.

Sorry again, mis-"saw" it. (You'll get what I mean with the scan.)

They just negated Zarc's attack via being summoned

here

You mean the final battle with Zorc and everything? Nah it was a pocket dimension created by Zorc to play a children's card game.

And then to smash it.

@Data

That was just the cartouche.

@Yob

Now you're starting to make me paste stuff from all the imgur links on my blog. Most of your questions could probably be found there before you ask it.

Zorc 5

@prof already put it in my rebuke post.

Unless you mean to discuss how funny that is.

Back