• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

YouTube Rewind 2018 is now the Most Disliked Video Ever

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Hello. Given that soon we will no longer be able highlight threads, I decided to use this ability while I still can on something that's obviously super important and relevant to this site. YouTube Rewind 2018, with (at the time of me typing this) over 10 million dislikes how now overtaken Justin Bieber's Baby as the most disliked video in the history of YouTube.

Baby had not only kept this record for over 7 years, but prior to YouTube Rewind it had more than 2 and a half times more dislikes than the second most disliked. So the fact that YouTube Rewind not only took down this titan, but did so in 6 days is truly a memetic feat.

For those who don't know, much of the hate surrounded around the video was because many felt that it was soulless and corporate. That it prioritized mainstream trends over faithfully representing the YouTube community. That it tried to revise history and sweep many issues with the site under the carpet. That it shamelessly patted itself on the back, even for topics they haven't had the best track record with such as mental health. That it hamfisted a disingenous political agenda out of nowhere. That it excluded many of the actual most popular YouTubers/events that were a nobrainer to include. Most of all, that the video represented YouTube trying desperately to pretend that it's something that it really isn't. I typically hate The Verge, but this article in particular does a great job explaining why it got the backlash it did.

A video meant to be a celebration of YouTube ended up becoming the epitome of everything people have come to hate about the site. How ironic that the video's main theme was that we controlled it and we decided what's in it, yet it ends up becoming the most disliked video of all time.

Feel free to post all your YouTube Rewind memes to celebrate history in the making!

My goodness, this is just pure Y E S in it's truest form.

DEATHS OF FAMOUS SINGERS, ACTORS AND COMIC BOOK ARTISTS

ARTICLES 11 AND 13

People having sex on the Giza Pyramids

FALLOUT 76 AND BETHESDA FLOPPING HARD

YouTube Rewind 2018 being the most disliked video of 2018 because no PewDiePie and complete butchering of content creation

How could this year get any worse? NOW DAS HOT! UwU

KLOL506 said:
DEATHS OF FAMOUS SINGERS, ACTORS AND COMIC BOOK ARTISTS
ARTICLES 11 AND 13

People having sex on the Giza Pyramids

FALLOUT 76 AND BETHESDA FLOPPING HARD

YouTube Rewind 2018 being the most disliked video of 2018 because no PewDiePie and complete butchering of content creation

How could this year get any worse? NOW DAS HOT! UwU
What?

Yes. It happened. Two Danish tourists really got uppity on the Giza pyramids. As disgusting as it sounds.

KLOL506 said:
Yes. It happened. Two Danish tourists really got uppity on the Giza pyramids. As disgusting as it sounds.
This makes me want to game-end myself

Guys, no using the d-words, m-words or the k-words. There will only be the child-friendly content, like, game-ending.

He came back at the last minute and saved Pewds though

still he helped

spent a portion of his day forgetting pewds past mistake just saying "subscribe to pewdiepie" over and over, you would never do this likely

he got him 100k subs

Wasn't youtube removing dislikes or some shit lol

Wokistan said:
I think dislikes were just lagging.

Ryukama said:
Wokistan said:
Not likely. The site withstood the combined amount of videos with millions and millions of dislikes. And possibly even more. I highly doubt that it was due to "just lag".

I don't see why they'd delete a (relatively) incredibly small amount of dislikes on the video while still keeping it at the most disliked. However I did see the amount displayed consistently fall back but then eventually catch up to the amount that's on the live counter.

TheDarkSide857 said:
Ryukama said:
Wokistan said:
Not likely. The site withstood the combined amount of videos with millions and millions of dislikes. And possibly even more. I highly doubt that it was due to "just lag".
Tell that to BTS

K-Pop is cancer at its finest.

I'd rather listen to Queen and Bowie.

Back