• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Your favourite series and franchises

So we doing this now?

Pokémon
Pretty much my favorite Nintendo game. Gameplay's way too addicting, collecting and training your 'mons is fun and unlike most other Nintendo games, it at least attempts at having a consistent universe and begun to have a decent story since Gen V. However, it's still overall just a nice little series, nothing something I'd be too invested into.

Starbound
Part of the "it's like Minecraft" series. While overall very similar to Terraria, it does have a few distinctions, including being more-story focused, having heavier world building and a more open gameplay. It opens the door for some degree of role-playing too. However, it does have overall less quality than games like it. The combat isn't as fun, the open worlds are kinda repetitive and the story is very awkward.

Imscared
First horror game here and not the last. Not only is it clever with how it breaks the fourth wall, but how it handles its only character (White Face) is very interesting, making for a somewhat developed character. It is also very effective with its horror, being one of the few games to really leave an impression on me. However, it is kinda short.

The Witch's House
Second horror game. This isn't really like "This one game is so good!!", but more like this one game represents all the other RPG Maker horror games I like so much, including Ib, Mad Father, Misao, etc. This one just happens to be the best out of them imo. The atmosphere is great and spoopy at times, it doesn't have laughably cheesy scenes and the (hidden) story is really great and interesting. Although like I said, the main part (the story) is kinda hidden.

OFF
Part of the actual RPGs from RPG Maker duo. This game's got a great artstyle and presentation, contrasting solid colors with detailed hand drawings. The music's wonderful and the story is very interesting. However, it does fall short in term of gameplay, with its combat being easy and repetitive.

Lisa
Second part of the duo mentioned above. While it lacks the presentation that OFF does, it makes up for it with its marginally better story, more interesting gameplay and charm, notably with its humor. It does suffer from some rather weird graphics and presentation though.

Yume Nikki
Anyone who knows me more than marginally probably expected this. Yume Nikki is a goddamn masterpiece and its rather low position on my list doesn't truly represent how much I love this game. The surrealistic landscapes are utterly delicious, the story behind Madotsuki's past is fascinating and the atmosphere is nigh-perfect. However, it is sometimes outdone by its fangames and it clearly isn't for everyone and is rather niche.

Yume 2kki
Talking about fangames, here is the best of them. Unlike Yume Nikki, 2kki focuses far more on the worlds than the symbolism. This results in an absolutely gigantic and varied dream world, with locations as much if not more interesting than YN's. However, it does lack symbolism as previously stated and lacks a consistent theme.

Terraria
Take nearly everything I complained about with Starbound and fix it, and we get Terraria. This game's gameplay is far better, with the way progression is treated being better, the music's better, doesn't bother with an awkward story, has tons of replayability and has awesome boss battle. But then again, it lacks story and can get repetetive even with its replayability, alongside a boring beginning.

Monster Girl Quest
Another rather expected one. This game's got an awesome story, awesome characters, decent music and gameplay, etc. The themes it deals with is something you hardly see in RPGs or even normal games. The gameplay gets even better in Paradox with even greater gameplay. The whole series, however, does suffer from low-budget and using default assets all over the place.

Minecraft
While its reputation dropped hard due to its fanbase, MC is still an excellent game. The gameplay is far more survival-oriented than Terraria or Starbound would ever hope to be, making it genuinely interesting to play. Even outside of survival mode, creative mode and everything related to it allows for an insane amount of customization than even some "Maker-type" game would allow.

Undertale
Another fandom-ill game but still a great one. While most of the things it did was done better in other games (Imscared for 4th wall breaking, Touhou for danmaku, MGQ for morality things), but it is one of the few game that combines so many good stuff at once. Excellent music, good gameplay, good characters, good story, etc. Most notably, the way it combines storytelling and gameplay is imo one of its strongest point and one of the few games to pull it off. Its only real issue is its short length and rather poor graphics.

Touhou Project
Obviously, the big one. While the game themselves are only good and not outstanding (outside of the perfection that is its OST), the series' main point is its world and its characters. I can't really explain it, but the way the world of Gensokyo is presented is so cool. It's light enough to be fun and not overly dark, but also has enough edge to not make it a purely saccharine land. The characters are all iconic and memorable, etc. The games themselves however are quite hard so it's really not easy to get into them.

Stealing Saik's Idea

Puella Magi Madoka Magica
The only reason why it's this low is because I've only been exposed to the anime. Art style's great, character's great, music's ******* amazing. Check check check, next.

Ni No Kuni
Revenant Kingdom's definitely better than the original by far, but I still like both games. The story is good, welsh fairies are a must have, and I do like the characters. My main problem is Wrath of the White Witch's combat is sorta eh, it's more Pokemon but actual dodging is involved.

Marvel Cinematic Universe
I've barely scratched the surface of the MCU and I've already started loving it. Most of the villains are pretty great, and same with our leads and heroes. Action scenes are awesome, and the emotional scenes make me feel uhh... emotional. Good series

Danganronpa
The only reason why this isn't ranked higher is because I've really not picked up the series in a long time. There's a good variety of characters and I like most of them with a few exceptions, murder mystery stories are fun, etc. etc.

Ace Attorney
OBJECTION! This is the same rank as the above because of the same reason, I haven't picked it up since Investigations 2 (which is GODLY GOOD btw). Even though these two are different in places, most of my thoughts to Ace Attorney are the same as Danganronpa.

Phineas and Ferb
This one is mucked in with the other two cause I've seen more of this (unlike the MCU and Puella Magi) and I like it more than Ni No Kuni, but I don't think it's better than the ones below. Speaking about the show, it's a bit formulaic but it's certainly fun seeing Phineas and Ferb build a bunch of stuff in every episode, and it gets even better when Candace decides to break the norm. Perry and Doof's sub-plot isn't half-bad either, Doof and Perry have good "chemistry" and the action scenes are good too, of course this show is very funny and the songs are very good especially since they had to put one in EVERY EPISODE.

My Little Pony
Friendship is Magic is very good for what people call a little girl's show. It is sometimes ruined by the fanbase but I enjoy the characters (stuck on whether Pinkie or Rarity is best pony), monster designs can be creative, and the humor is funny most of the times.

Persona
I've only seen 4, 4A, and 4AU and 5, but they are good man. The characters, are really good (even though 5 makes one of the best waifus your teacher so it makes it awkward if you date her). The story arcs and confidants/social links are really intriguing and give nice depth to the characters. My main problem with 4 is that there's too much Female on Male Abuse on Yu and Kanji for no reason other than the fact that they're associated with Yosuke and Teddie.

Scribblenauts
This game is the most fun game to ever game in the history of games.

Alright that was an exaggeration since this is only number 5 but, this game is just so fun. Being able to do absolutely anything in a game where you can summon Dancing Communist Cthulhu's is just fun. Great game, puzzle solving is nice, even though some solutions should work when they don't, all around solid game.

Steam Powered Giraffe
The Music....

The music....

the music....

IS ******* AMAZING. Lyrics are creative, there's alot of hidden and interesting lore in the songs, they do a lot of different genres from rap, to pop, to etc. It's just good. I hope that they come back to Canada again to do a show and I can see em.

Gravity Falls
Beats out P&F and MLP for my favorite cartoon. It's funny, it's emotional, it's mysterious, it's fun, and it's all the things that you'd want in a cartoon. Bill is a very good villain in the show and Gideon is a pretty good 1st season antagonist. Also, Not What He Seems is godly.

Undertale
One listen to the soundtrack reminds me why I love this game so much. Music is amazing, the story... man the story is good. The characters are absolutely splendid. It really caught me off guard as the first openly "metafictional" game I actually played. I love this game

Hearthstone
This game is addicting, the expansions are great, the solo adventures and missions are amazing (sad they cancelled adventures to make more money though), and this lets me throw my ideas into custom cards which is also great. You can find me playing this game late at night under the covers instead of watching you know what instead like most other people.

Minecraft
If you know me, I bet you were wondering where this was.

Well here it is, this has sentimental value as the first game I've ever played. Survival's fun, creative's amazing, the maps and mods the community makes can be really fun, especially modpacks.

This game also takes 2nd place in the game I've dumped the most time into (2nd to Hearthstone)

Back