• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cad Bane Resistance to Mind Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
what i'm saying is cad bane should have resistance to mind manipulation.

in star wars

Season 02 Episode 03 Children of the Force

cad bane manages to resist the mind tricks of anakin, obi-wan, and Mace windu all at once. (though he did struggle a bit)

so yes for he should have resistance to mind manipulation or no.

Agree:

Disagree:

Canon Jedi Mind Trick can be resisted by anyone by training or having a "strong" mind, it's a weakness of the power rather than them resisting Mind Manip in general.

I guess all he did was fight back with his "resolve"

or it could be with other factors

and also seeing him trying to fight it also made a bit of a disagreement

Need more context/scan

I disagree with Resistance to Mind Manipulation FRA.

However I am open to Supernatural Willpower, which is consistent with the way Jedi mind-tricks work.
Resisting three powerful Jedi at once I would consider willpower far above normal human capabilities.

I don't think that's relevant.
We're not removing Superhuman Physical Characteristics from Superman because he's an alien.
Just pointing it out since in Star Wars, there are a few alien species that has resistance to Jedi mind tricks before. The Huts being a good case of this.

Whatever this actually qualifies as supernatural willpower is a different story too.

Just pointing it out since in Star Wars, there are a few alien species that has resistance to Jedi mind tricks before. The Huts being a good case of this.

Whatever this actually qualifies as supernatural willpower is a different story too.
Yeah, I'm just saying that it being a characteristics of the species doesn't mean we should ignore it.
Kryptonians have flight because they're kryptonians, we still list "Flight" on every kryptonian.

If Cad Bane's resistance to Jedi mind-tricks is because of his species, it doesn't change anything indexing-wise.

Well, that analogy doesn't work, the disagreement comes from the Mind Manip Jedi have having a weakness to not work if the target has a "strong" mind, trained to resist it, or it just doesn't work on X species. If I have Fire Manip that doesn't burn people less than 1 meter tall then people less than 1 meter tall doesn't have Resistance to Fire Manip.

Didn't know Jabba had a profile, but I'm pretty sure it only covers his Legends self, hence the regen. In any case, his disney self should have that removed.

Also wouldn't this also apply to Legends since TCW is officially in both continuities
This is true as we have their powers, but not as they work in-universe. The rules they claim are much the same despite the scale in which the power works being much bigger. Palpatine even told Anakin that the Jedi could replace with someone whom the Jedi mind trick might work on, which while a lie in the sense that the Jedi weren't aiming to do that, that saying this even works as a lie means that a non Sith Pals and other politicians would have resistance to this.

Alright, I'm convinced.

What should we do then? It seems like a notable feat, at least. Intelligence section?

do you think it's supernatural willpower or a resistance?
We would need a reason to believe it's supernatural willpower if it is, like we explicitly knowing that it's too extraordinary to struggle to have the power work on you against 3 Jedi but be tired and disturbed after it, like he did. It sounds notable, because we don't see this often, but that's not the same as we knowing if other people like him couldn't do the same.

We would need a reason to believe it's supernatural willpower if it is, like we explicitly knowing that it's too extraordinary to struggle to have the power work on you against 3 Jedi but be tired and disturbed after it, like he did. It sounds notable, because we don't see this often, but that's not the same as we knowing if other people like him couldn't do the same.
Well we know that the typical person just instantly gets tricked by a single Jedi.

Yes, but that doesn't mean anything knowing the weakness the power has when used on non-typical persons.

I don't see why 3 Jedi should have any bearing. It's just the same technique but thrice as effective, especially since it was going to cause damage to his mind if they tried any harder.

It also implies that Geonosians, Toydarians and Hutts are more vulnerable to Jedi than Cad Bane, which isn't shown.

I don't see why 3 Jedi should have any bearing. It's just the same technique but thrice as effective, especially since it was going to cause damage to his mind if they tried any harder.

It also implies that Geonosians, Toydarians and Hutts are more vulnerable to Jedi than Cad Bane, which isn't shown.
It has bearing if it's a willpower feat.
He resisted 3x a trick that works instantly on most people, presumably based on his willpower alone based on how it works.

Which is just willpower, not resistance to Mind Control.

Plus, it works on a certain amount humans. I don't think we know if it works on most aliens, or even humans, in the galaxy.

Given that the definition is 'the ability to exceed one's own limits through sheer willpower to a degree extremely far beyond real human standards' and human Green Lanterns that aren't technically supernatural have it, I think that should be fine.

Which is just willpower, not resistance to Mind Control.

Plus, it works on a certain amount humans. I don't think we know if it works on most aliens, or even humans, in the galaxy.
Yeah, that's why I suggested Supernatural Willpower, since I think the feat as a willpower feat is probably far above what any real human could be capable of, especially given how easily just one Jedi works on the vast majority of humans.
There might be evidence it works on most aliens. You would have to compile all uses of it to be sure, though.

so uh is it safe to add supernatural willpower to his powerful now?

Given that the definition is 'the ability to exceed one's own limits through sheer willpower to a degree extremely far beyond real human standards' and human Green Lanterns that aren't technically supernatural have it, I think that should be fine.

so you think it's fine to add supernatural willpower to cad banes powers and abilities now or do we have to wait a little more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back