• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An Update to Bane (Post-Flashpoint DC Comics)

Been looking at comics featuring Bane, got changes I thought could be made to his profile.
The first image of every imgur album is captioned with the issue of the comics the pages are taken from if anyone wants to look into this stuff for themselves. (If I missed any, or if any of the albums have issues such as images falling into the wrong order, please do let me know.)

Abilities:
~ Bane's Statistics Amplification explanation should be altered very slightly, to include the knowledge that Venom also makes him smarter.

+ Stealth Mastery: Sneak attacks Batwoman and Hawkfire, Sneaks attacks Red Hood and Robin (Tim Drake), Sneaks up on Gunhawk and Gunbunny, Sneaks up on an assassin, Sneak attacks Batman, Sets up hostages on a rooftop where Batman is looking, without him noticing.

- Remove "High Pain Tolerance" from his abilities, I've seen talk about how that's not supposed to be a listed ability on profiles anymore, and should instead go to stamina.

Resistances:

+ Resistance to Fire: Bane has shown some minor ability to resist fire/heat, standing unharmed in fiery wreckage and holding onto Azrael's burning sword

+ Resistance to Ice: Breaks out of Mr. Freeze's ice

+ Resistance to Fear: Venom removes fear from one's mind, Resists the effects of Scarecrow's concentrated Tehsomaldihyde, meant to invite nightmares.

+ Resistance to Electricity: Bane has endured multiple electric shocks, only causing him minor hinderance. Examples: 1, 2, 3, 4
-However in connection with the third example, he was stunned a second time, possibly with a stronger shock, and was knocked unconscious by it.

+ Resistance to Acid: Gets sprayed with acid which doesn't do anything to him.
-Admittedly this acid seems pretty weak, failing to even corrode his mask. Probably best to make this resistance limited, if it is granted.

~ He also is unaffected when Arkham Manor is filled with gas, making the majority of the prison go berserk. I'm not entirely sure what resistance he would gain for that but it might be worth giving him something.

Stamina:
Attempting to add a justification for Bane's Superhuman stamina:
From the age of 4 to 21, he had to
swim to the top of his cell for air as the tide came in every night, staying there for hours while crabs and leeches clung to him. Has gone the span of a whole day having many fights with little to no rest, sustaining multiple injuries and going on to endure a prolonged battle with Batman at the end of it. Endures multiple wounds from arrows and blades in battle with Talons, sears his wounds shut in a brief respite, and goes on to fight and defeat a group of Gotham villains all hopped up on Venom. Venom also dulls his ability to feel pain.

I wouldn't exactly call myself an expert, hence why I avoided trying to make an explanation for his Genius Intelligence. Let me know if I failed to do him justice anywhere.

Agree: @Gasper (Only Minor Electricity Resistance, Disagrees with Resistance to Ice) @Chariot190 (Minor Electricity, Uncertain abt Acid)
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
Agree, though resistance to electricity manipulation should be minor imo

I also disagree with Resistance to ice manipulation, this is just strength feat.
Noted, thanks for the quick response.

Got any thoughts about this?
~ He also is unaffected when Arkham Manor is filled with gas, making the majority of the prison go berserk. I'm not entirely sure what resistance he would gain for that but it might be worth giving him something.

Id still give Bane resistance to extreme cold, breaking out of ice might be strength, but being flash frozen without any ill effects? That shit aint normal.
Most of freeze's victims like, ya know, die.

Stealth is obvious.
Stamina sure.
Fear, probably tbh, he has a few fear feats like that elsewhere too.
Fire ok.
Electricity minor ok.
Acid is hard to say without having any actual feats for the acid to know how potent it can be, like for all we know it's just a very weak acid and Bane just shrugged it off because he's Bane.

Back