• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

You asked for it Gargoyle

Arc Restraints. That said, I'm not sure what to make of Embryo's profile. How does his stuff work?

Olay, so how often does Embryo use Space-Time Manipulation? Because Cole uses his arc restraints a lot and will double down on that when he sees Embryo resurrect.

"God like reality warper"

Uhhhhh not really.

He doesn't actually really use his space-time manipulation (apart from the space time convergence canons) for combat purposes. He re-wrote the environment around him to give himself a nice setting for a chat, he rewound time to resurrect some people, and merging together space-time is his overall goal, not really used as an attack (though it definitely can be, it was merging/overwriting people's bodies with chunks of debris and stuff).

In combat he mainly just uses the Hysterica's weaponry, primarily the Space time convergence canons (which I'm pretty sure is his only win condition here unless he feels like dumping Cole in an alternate universe - which he's never done to anyone). He's willing to pull a gun and a sword on people but that stuff is 8-C so it's useless here.

So, yeah. Cole Arc Restraints with a grenade then. It's his only win condition, but he uses it fairly often and is smart enough to abuse them once he sees killing Embryo isn't an option. Plus, Cole only needs one grenade to incap, while Embryo's canons don't seem to bypass durability from what I can tell.

Come to think of it, what stops Cole from resurrecting?

I'm gonna wait for more info before voting, but I think Cole's main wincons here are either Arc Restrain (the grenade from of which I think he lost in inFamous 2) and freezing via Freeze Rocket or Ionic Freeze

Arc restraints wouldnt stop him from summoning a gun and telekinetically controlling it to shoot himself in the head, which would allow him to respawn.

Freezing could work if it a) fully freezes his entire body and b) also freezes his hysterica so it can't shoot the frozen body.

Freeze Rocket does freeze human sized enemies completely and iirc their gun as well. Many of gun using enemies of inFamous 2 can be seen holding their gun while inside the ice, even the Vermaak 88, who're adapted to sub-zero temperatures.

Aight that would incap the main body, but could it fully freeze the hysterica? hysterica is about the size of a large fighter jet

Honestly not too sure. In game he can't really freeze enemies around that size, only harm them with his ice attacks. But I'm cutscene/certain areas, you can see other ice users, who Cole scales from, doing the exact same thing.

So, tldr; maybe?

Just came back.

Not being able to freeze enemies usually comes from the enemies being strong enough to break out or just outright game mechanics but all Ice users in cutscenes have been shown to freeze people solid perfectly fine

Also, Arc restraints may not incap by themselves, but Cole can just hit the defenseless Embryo once without killing him and he's good.

I need to know more on the Space Time Cannons

Freezing Embryo solid would incap him (as it did in the series), but if that happens to him the Hysterica can just shoot the frozen statue to kill it so he can come back (as it did in series). The issue is if Cole can freeze the hysterica to stop it doing that. Space time canons are cross-continental (if not planetary) range lasers with a massive AoE that may or may not **** around with the space-time of whatever they hit.

Seems to overwrite it, they were implied to be what was powering / going to power Embryo's complete planetary space-time merger.

Back