• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yogiri Takatou Upgrades (Instant Death)

Infinite Attack and Reaction Speed

So, in 'Volume 3: Chapter 10 of Instant Death

The Heavenly Record Eater is described as a being similar to a giant fish which exists in a "Space of nothingness" and contains Space-Time within itself, along with several "Heavenly Records" which are described as being their own space-times. Later in the same chapter, the Heavenly Record Eater attempts to destroy the entire universe Yogiri is within, but Yogiri kills it before it can do that. So, I suggest Up to Immeasurable attack and reaction speed via Instant Death. Also, an Upgrade to At least 2-C via the Heavenly Record Eater containing numerous space-times within itself, and spending an eternity consuming different heavenly records.

Quotes Volume 3; Chapter 10:

"It was like a probe for observing humans, and its real form was left in the space of nothingness which contained the Heavenly Record, referred to as the "Sea"."

"For an existence like the Heavenly Record eater, space-time was a part of itself. The surrounding space and time were within the range that it could be controlled with its own will, and predicting the future and the like were simple,"

"Even it dying itself was out of its imagination. Even itself couldn't think of such things like a way to kill itself, which continued to eat Heavenly Records and contain several worlds."

"The Heavenly Record eater decided to release the stockpiled power that ate numerous worlds.
Something like this wasn't worth eating. Every single piece should be destroyed. It was something resembling an unreasonable but compulsive idea, and at that moment, the option of escaping from within the Heavenly Record eater vanished. It spread its enormous mouth widely. It was a mouth certainly big enough to be able to swallow a Heavenly Record. The depths of that mouth cavity. A light burned there. A flash of anger that burned everything to nothing.

『Die』

The instant it tried to release it, the Heavenly Record eater returned to itself. It had a feeling that it heard something. And, it realized that 10 seconds after now, death would be realized In the Heavenly Record eater's final moments, it thought 'I'd be fine if I didn't wake up to self-consciousness or something like that'."

Enforcing the Concept of Death
In the latest translated chapter of Instant Death (Volume 4; Chapter 6) , Yogiri enforces the concept of death onto Maya who the concept of death doesn't even apply to.

Quotes From Volume 4; Chapter 6:

"However, Ryōsuke now felt like Maya might just be able to do it.

She was the immortal queen who ruled over life and death.

She wasn't someone the term 'death' could even apply to, and because of that, there was no need for her to fear Yogiri's ability. Ultimately, Yogiri was nothing more than an ordinary human being. Killing him should be simple for someone like her.

"Ahahaha! This is the end! The concept of death doesn't even apply to Maya! There's no way you'll be able to kill-" (Ryōsuke)

"Die." (Yogiri)

Maya crumbled on the spot.

Her body collapsed into a black lump before slowly disappearing altogether, leaving nothing behind.

"Even though I've come across tons of people who claim that they'll absolutely never die, or that they're already dead, or that the concept of death doesn't apply to them, they all end up dead in the end." (Yogiri)"

Yogiri can see ghosts
This is simple, in Volume 1: Chapter 18 Yogiri is became able to see Mokomoko, who is a ghost.

" "You're so troublesome for being a ghost! Just vanish then!"

『It's not like I intentionally made myself visible to you, you simply became able to see me.』

Tomochika must have accidentally acquired ghost vision at some point.

"Noticing something once can be a big deal."

Now Yogiri joined their discussion. When Tomochika told him about Mokomoko's existence he ended up seeing her as well. "

Removal of a listed statement
On Yogiri's profile, it's says this; "Yogiri Stated that he could probably kill abstract things such as concepts or ideas, but doesn't because he is afraid he might destroy the entire universe on accident as a result."

Which is only partly true. The statement happens, but only space is mentioned not concepts or ideas.

Yogiri is not a living thing
In Volume 3: Chapter 9 Aoi states that Yogiri is not even something something alive at all. After using her ability to see every alternate possibility to find a way to overcome or counter his Instant Death, she became completely insane. So, possibly Limited Madness Manipulation via this.

Quotes from Chapter 21/20 of Volume 2;

"Aoi exercised her power to see fate.

The vision was distorted.

She lost her sense of balance and crouched down. She couldn't stay standing. In addition to the agonizing pain similar to her internal organs being twisted, she couldn't suppress the nausea that welled up."

"Once she had become aware of it, she wasn't able to divert her consciousness, but just kept being exposed to the fear. It was a dead end. It was the destination where fate would always end up, there was nothing ahead there. Everything was taking the form of that man there in the end.

That person stands until the end, as it was his demise. No one was able to do anything beyond that person. To oppose such a person, it was fate, it was an outline which couldn't not be a joke. It was absurd to even consider fighting that. Just by him thinking he wanted to kill, it was said that the one opposing would die.

When she heard it in the beginning, she had thought it was somewhat stupid. As there was too much of a difference between their abilities, she seemingly thought that his powers would be seen through. She had wondered if there was some type of mechanism in the ability. If they analyzed and analyzed, counter measures could be made. Aoi thought the same, since she could freely use her ability.

It was naive. Perhaps everything was naive."

"If he denied it, no phenomenon or existence would be allowed to exist."

"He wasn't just an existence. He was a phenomenon similar to a curse or calamity that was hard to describe. He had a personality, it wasn't the case where he was pretending to be a human being."

"Aoi was looking at the ground that was somehow covered in vomit.
She didn't feel like she was able to raise her face anymore. However, even if Yogiri didn't do anything, she wouldn't be sane.

It was still good if only to that extent. What she was truly afraid of was not knowing what she would do with her sanity gone. In the worst case, if something similar to Yogiri being attacked happens, death would truly come to Aoi at that time.

There was a need to do something in some way or another. She needed to become calm first. She couldn't run away and escape from him while she's cowering in fear, and she couldn't finish herself with suicide.

"Gufufufu~! I wasn't interested in "boku" girls, but suddenly vomiting and leaking piss, and seeing your appearance that has your usual composure thrown off, I was completely spoiled by your mistake!" (Hanakawa) "

And....that's all I can think of for now.

Recapping all the stuff...
At least 2-C, possibly 2-B with Instant Death (via killing the Heavenly Record Eater who contains numerous space-times within itself, and was spending an eternity consuming different heavenly records.)

Immeasurable reactions and attack speed with Instant Death (Blitzed a being beyond time and space)

Limited Fate Manipulation (Fate will not allow him to die if his death is not "interesting"), and Limited Madness Manipulation (Against those with a form of precognition)

In addition to adding ghost sight and Death enforcement to the list of feats

Immortality Negation (type 5)

Limited Matter Manipulation (Can kill poison gas on chemical level)

Peak Human speed via dodging rubble

I would also suggest Resistance Negation, since he can kill people that have resistance/immunity to death spells

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention death lines. He can see weak spots of his enemies and strike at them, and he's also stated to be skillful with a sword, if that's enough for Weapon Mastery.

What about Resistance to Causality manip?

• Yogiri's Instant Death Killed the Heavenly Record Eater which contained several universes within itself (Also being stated to contain space-time itself within it) and was stated to have "eater numerous worlds", no amount of time or causality manipulation which the Heavenly Record Eater possessed would change the outcome of its death at the hands of Yogiri. During this ordeal, Yogiri's power is stated to be "Beyond Fate itself". There is also a statement of the Heavenly Record Eater being erased from existence by Yogiri's Instant Death.

Wouldn't the HRE existing outside conventional 3-D Space-Time grant the HRE/ID Immeasurable speed and not infinite?

Oh and could Yogiri be granted 2-C with ID for having killed the HRE who contained "several", or "numerous" Space-times within itself that it had consumed?

The rest of the things seem reasonable.

Besides that, is there any validity and/or use to Aoi's Statement about Yogiri's existence being protected by Fate due to his high destiny value? Maybe it can give Yogiri some limited Fate Manipulation if it's valid.

"Takatou Yogiri's like him, you can't kill an existence whose destiny value is high. He won't die if he was shot by Sugitani Zenjubo, he doesn't die if he fights on the front line amongst the soldiers, and he doesn't die if you attack recklessly in the canyon. From the enemy's point of view, it's just a cheat. But, there is a way to kill him even if he's like that." (Aoi)

"Is that similar to the Honnoji incident?" (Hanakawa)

"Yes. In order to kill the existence that is protected by fate, we must use destiny. Just trying to kill him in a blatant way is no good. That is, if he dies here, the surroundings will get more dramatic and rouse up. Fate prefers more interesting situations. I will create a situation where his death is more interesting." (Aoi)

@TheMonster

"Wouldn't the HRE existing outside conventional 3-D Space-Time grant the HRE/ID Immeasurable speed and not infinite?

Oh and could Yogiri be granted 2-C with ID for having killed the HRE who contained "several", or "numerous" Space-times within itself that it had consumed?"

Both of these seem quite reasonable to be honest, I was simply being more conservative with the upgrades. But I support immeasurable speed and 2-C rating for ID.

If we assume that every space-time it had ever consumed makes up its entire existence (The HRE), Yogiri could actually be 2-B with Instant Death.

As far as the Fate statements by Aoi, they might actually be valid (Something I completely forgot about tbh)

I'd need more input from staff to see how they feel about that.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Remove his tier 2 thing cuz its hax, not AP related.
Plenty of profiles list hax separate from the tier....and plenty don't. Since the HRE doesn't have a profile, it's better to put the rating directly on his profile (Especially since he can cause destruction on that level via his power, it's not pure durability negation like other hax)

So, so far we have

At least 2-C

Immeasurable
reactions and attack speed with Instant Death

Limited Fate Manipulation (Fate will not allow him to die if his death is not "interesting"), and Limited Madness Manipulation (Against those with a form of precognition)

In addition to adding ghost sight and Death enforcement to the list of feats.

It is a weakness though, it's just not exploitable.

It's not like he gets so tired he can't fight at all....but he does get tired.

He uses ID on entire armies easily and never has gotten so tired that he can't use it at all.

Since he enforced the concept of Death type 5 immortality should be added into the list of immortalities he negates instead of just adding it to the list of feats. Since characters like Archetype Eatth and Tiamat have it for lacking the concept and Yogiri can negate it.

There's also Yogiri's ability to destroy stuff on the chemical level by killing it, maybe some limited matter manipulation (I don't really know what it would be classified as) ? I don't think this falls under Existence Erasure since when Yogiri EE people their bodies normally just fall to the floor physically unharmed. This might only apply to non-biological stuff tho.

Poisons were also useless. If you mix it in with his meal, he notices and refuses to eat it. When he's exposed to a colorless poisonous gas, the gas seemingly gets destroyed at the chemical level

I'm not sure the following but I think it's better if I just bring it up and see what others think. Perhaps grant Yogiri resistance to Power Negation? Since Aoi implies her ability is useless against Yogiri.

When she heard it in the beginning, she had thought it was somewhat stupid. As there was too much of a difference between their abilities, she seemingly thought that his powers would be seen through. She had wondered if there was some type of mechanism in the ability. If they analyzed and analyzed, counter measures could be made. Aoi thought the same, since she could freely use her ability.

It was naive. Perhaps everything was naive.

Since she saw every possible future trough the flow of Fate I think it is safe to assume that it is referring to her general ability that encompasses ability sealing/negation (The one where she is simply unaffected by the opponent's abilities), ability to override an event as she believes and her fate seeing stuff. The override of an event can probably be dismissed by saying that ID auto activated but her ability negation shouldn't trigger ID self activation.

Some minor speed upgrade for Yogiri too(?)

If you collapse a building he's close to, he simply senses that he's in danger and leaves the area. If you set it up so perfectly that he's unable to escape in time, he just effortlessly dodges all of the falling rubble.

Apologies for the long post.

YungManzi said:
If we assume that every space-time it had ever consumed makes up its entire existence (The HRE), Yogiri could actually be 2-B with Instant Death.
" There exist countless other Heavenly Records, and those Heavenly Records are contained within a space referred to as the "Sea". A Heavenly Record is like a bubble floating within this "Sea". "

"The means by which the being consumes Heavenly Records is simple; it swims around aimlessly in the "Sea" and consumes any Heavenly Records it sees."

"Although they possess these refined instincts, only some have developed intelligence during the eternity they have spent in the "Sea". "

Here's some excerpts that could serve as evidence for 2-B HRE and thus 2-B Instant Death, since there are countless Hevenly Records & the HREs just wander around for an eternity consuming them.

" Incidentally, since it can be compared to the sea, there is also depth within this space. "

There's also the fact that the Sea has its own depth but I don't know if it really shows any kind kind of higher Dimensionality for the HRE. (beyond being 4D)

I forgot type 5 immortality was a thing. Definitely add that. Limited Matter Manipulation is a possibility and Yogiri's movement speed could could be upgraded to peak human via dodging rubble...but not completely sure, we should ask a calc group member about that.

Also, Yogiri already has resistance to fate manipulation.

Recapping all the stuff...

At least 2-C, likely 2-B with Instant Death (via killing the Heavenly Record Eater who contains numerous space-times within itself, and was spending an eternity consuming different heavenly records.)

Immeasurable reactions and attack speed with Instant Death (Blitzed a being beyond time and space)

In addition to adding ghost sight and Death enforcement to the list of feats

Immortality Negation (type 5)

Limited Matter Manipulation (Can kill poison gas on chemical level)

Peak Human speed via dodging rubble

I would also suggest Resistance Negation, since he can kill people that have resistance/immunity to death spells

Yogiri also can kill individual body part as he see fit or something really specific i also remember something about a character saying that he might be the end of everything but i dont really remember specific what the person said rn

Also why yogiri still have touma as a lose really

EmperorDoom25 said:
Wait a minute, the HRE is beyond time and space...so he is beyond the 4th dimension, right? Doesnt that mean that the HRE is actually 5D?
Nah, you can be beyond space and time and still only be 4-D.

We don't know that for sure though. So in the end; the most we can get right now is a "likely", and even that's pushing it a bit.

EmperorDoom25 said:
Yogiri lost to Touma because his ID still had Low 2-C potency, but since he is getting an upgrade I guess he stomps now
That doesnt make sense tho? Yogiri just kill individual body parts and call it a day never needed for him even touch IB

Also if Yogiri Instant Death is useless that match is a stomp for touma since yogiri cant even fight so putting the win against someone that their powers would never work and have no chance of winning its nothing but a stomp

Also, I think someone said IB could null High 1-C abilities, so Yogiri would probably still lose if that's the case.

Back