• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yhwach vs Gilgamesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt that was obvious PIS.

It's also worth noting that BB had her authority when the matchup between her and Yhwach was made, while Gil beat BB without it.

It's not PIS. It's a legitimate limitation. Either he sees all possible futures and predicts being hit with the arrow, or he sees almost all futures and failed to predict being hit with the arrow.

The later makes actual sense and needs no excuse like "PIS". At one point it stops being PIS and becomes legitimate.

Just like Yhwach having a limited range with Almighty only affecting the nearby future is a legitimate limitation.

And Yhwach only being capable of affecting futures that would be possible under his own power is a legitimate limitation.

I thought that this was about feats?

I'm looking at the actual feats Yhwach has with the Almighty rather than the NLF description, and I see it as a very limited watered-down version of BB's powers.

Which couldn't do shit to Gil.

Just saying.

There's nothing that indicates it was easy for Gil, he even stated he was going all out.

I know. He defeated BB when all out.

I fail to see how that means he will be defeated by watered-down mustached BB.

Your attempts at downplay are hilarious.

It is obvious PIS. As stated. He can see all futures simultaneously.

So your headcanon doesnt work.

But Bleach is infamous for its NLF. Kubo loves to use absolute wording and statements rather than to draw actual feats.

Is there actual proof he sees all futures simultaneously? Because being unable to see a future is a very glaring proof that he can't.

Even if he can see all futures, he'll only see futures where Gil decks him in the face.

Of course if you don't like it feel free to make a CRT instead. Doscussions about it in here are pointless

I would think that a Versus thread is always a good opportunity to discuss and showcase the powers of the characters. You are welcome to showcase the powers that Yhwach has shown, if you think they'd defeat Gil.

For instance, he hasn't shown Sternritter or Yamas's powers, so that is already sketchy to use as an argument.

@Aizen

Could you kindly explain why Yhwach's Almighty failed to see the future where he dies if he sees all futures?

Like, if you can give an actual explanation, and not simply call it "PIS Plot arrow".

Its not sketchy at all, we already know he has it.

Are you trying to say that because he has it but not shown it therefore equals it is unusable?

No, I am asking if he has shown proof that he can see all possible futures beyond just saying that he has, and then in the final fight showing conclusive proof that he can't.

How do you expect a guy who can see all possible futures and manipulate said futures to lose?

It is straight up PIS. You would be the only one who thinks not. As it stands Yhwachs page notes he can see all possible futures. Dont like it then make a CRT. We are just turning this thread offtopic and into the inevitable chaos it was always going to be

BB can see and decide all possible futures, as well as being omnipresent so she is there for it

She still lost to Gil.

PIS or not

Almighty

aint

helping

@Aizen

If he lost despite supposedly having his powers, then that would either mean that he

A) Can't see all possible futures

B) His manipulation of the futures is limited

C) There was no possible future in which he'd lose to Ichigo and others

A is possible. B is definitely correct as Almighty can only reach the near future. C is also possible.

In either case, assuming C, if there was no possible future in which he could defeat Ichigo and crew, how will there be a possible future in which he defeats Gilgamesh?

If it was PIS thats not usable.

At the very least Yhwach has resistance to the precognition. Maybe not immune.

I would rather not use "Immune" to describe anything unless it's absolutely proven, like Castiel having immunity to Soul Manipulation because he has no soul.

Resistance sounds right, tho.

Bepo4151 said:
Yhwach because of existence erasure and sternritter hax. Just because he lost to BB doesn't mean he can't win against GIl. Novel Kars stomped Gil but he lost to BB as well.
Authority works on Kars unlike Gilgamesh.

A>B>C logic fails.

That has more to do with each character's individual resistances. And Novel Kars, outside of Made in Heaven, has a durability far lower than Gil's.

The logic we're applying here isn't A > B > C.

It's looking at the hax that BB has, which are already considered better than Yhwach's, and seeing that they didn't work on Gilgamesh. Thus the conclusion we get is that Yhwach's would probably not work.

The logic you're implying is not the logic he was implying, that was a different scenario.

Also, you missed two votes for Yhwach when you edited them, be more careful in the future when editing someone else's thread.

"The logic you're implying is not the logic he was implying, that was a different scenario."

?

I and others pointed out how Gil resisted and overcame hax that is better than Yhwach's so we don't see how Yhwach will do anything to him.

Because when I was replying, I was talking about how Gil lost to Kars who lost to BB.

It has nothing to do with Gilgamesh vs Yhwach.

You used that argument to say that we can't use Gilgamesh's victory over BB as evidence that Gil beats Yhwach.

You probably thought that was A > B > C because BB beat Yhwach in a thread, but it's not.

It's just simple comparison of power sets, hax, and what each character has done and resisted. Gil defeating BB is canon, not a Versus thread, so it isn't A > B > C.

....No I didn't, I did not disprove what you're saying.

The guy I was replying to said that that Gil lost to Kars who lost to BB, in this case, it doesn't make sense, because Authority works on one of them unlike this thread where Gil beat BB without authority.

What you're saying, I'm not disproving, because you're comparing BB with no authority to Yhwach, which makes sense. The other guy on the other hand, was saying how just because BB beat Yhwach doesn't mean Gil can't beat Yhwach and used the following reason.

I wasn't even talking to you, as shown when I was quoting the other guy.

I will go for inconclusive as in character Yhwach ain't gonna use sterniter powers or yama's banaki anytime soon which gives enough time for Gilgamesh to win, but his almighty abilty to see every future could possibly allow him to see a future in which he can win so i am undecided.

I vote for Yhwach.

Reasons:

• Almighty advantage over Gilga's Precog because Yhwach has Precog Immunity.
  • All Sternrriters powers.
  • Reasons above.

@Apple reasons above being? Stern powers won't mean much (if he even uses them) And the reasons above are almighty shenanigans which don't mean much when again..compared to BB (ik) who does what Yhwach does and then some.

Immunity to precog is a NLF, and even if he does have resistance to the precog bit of SNI, he does not have resistance to the "discern opponent's name, abilities and hidden truths about them with a single glance" part, only the bit that lets him see the future of his own fight against Yhwach.

Also. I'm just going to throw this out there, but what if, with his ability to look at the futures of parallel worlds, Gil observes the future of a world where Yhwach doesn't have stagnation but everything else is identical and sees everything that that Yhwach is going to, then applies it to his own fight.

Stagnation is not the game breaker you are making it out to be.

Additionally, all of the Steinritter's and Yhwach's powers are similar to but equalled or vastly trumped by BB's own abilities, and Gil still beat her.

So in other words, those "reasons above" you mentioned without targeting anyone's reasons better be damn good reasons.

WilliamShadow said:
I will go for inconclusive as in character Yhwach ain't gonna use sterniter powers or yama's banaki anytime soon which gives enough time for Gilgamesh to win, but his almighty abilty to see every future could possibly allow him to see a future in which he can win so i am undecided.
BB can see and decide every future. She still lost to Gil.

The Almighty is absolutely useless here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back