• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TheNeolancer said:
Isn´t FSN older? More combat experience.
Yet he gets stomped by Lancer and Saber in CQC, and has absolutely zero notable feats in swordsmanship.

People really overestimate age when it comes to fighting expirience

And how do you determine his age anyway?

Fate route, where Gil literally was doing everything he can to not fight Lancer in close combat.

You missed the whole, 12 hours of Gilgamesh and Lancer fighting with Gil using the chains when he got close.

Regardless, FF man handles Gil in CQ.

Still doesn't prove Gil has good CQC skills, if he never fought Cu in CQC and instead opted to GoB spam him to death. You and Aizen need to stop looking at Gil and BB with your waifu/husbando lenses. It's clouding your judgement.

I'm inclined to agree with Gargoyle and Ram on Gil's CQC issue.

Shirou was able to out CQC Gil. That's how lazy Gil is. He's not the worst, but FF's Gilgamesh has him beat handily.

FF's Gilgamesh has a useful trump card in Hurricane, which automatically leaves the target on the verge of death and weak enough to be cut down with another blow.

@Gar

Gil's armor grants resistance to Spatial Manipulation and Petrification, as Saber was unaffected by Cybele.

Ramesses the Sun King said:
Would Gilgamesh BFR or close the gap with portals as his first move?
FF Gilgamesh loves sword fighting, and finds ranged combat boring, he'll have no qualms about fighting in CQC when he can.

Then I think I'm voting for Gil, SNI would let him know all about Gilgamesh's abilities as well as when he will use them. So he would be able to plan ahead and time a omnidirectional blade spam of conceptual weapons that ignore durability or a Enuma Elish him when he reappears.

<Omnidirectional sword spam

<FF literally teleports next to him first thing.

Also, as Repp pointed out, Hurricane, instantly makes Gil die with literally any attack that FF even taps him with afterwards, and considering how insanely superior he is in CQC, that's incredibly likely.

Gil would know about it and fire a Enuma Elish right at him when he appears since he would know that he would teleport next to him. Hurricane is pretty much gg, but would he really teleport and hurricane as his first move? Because he prefers to fight in CQC, I don't think he would just end the fight instantly with hurricane one shot.

If he would use hurricane early then it's a 50-50 for me since either he reappears and dies to Enuma Elish/point blank blade spam or when he appears and Gil gets hit by hurricane and dies to literally anything after.

Fireing Ea at a dude who could literally deflect it away harmlessly isn't an issue. Or just outright teleport away from it again and strike him from behind.

Why wouldn't he? He finds ranged combat boring, sees that's the only thing this guy is doing, he can cast hurricane at him while blasting down GoB with his various guns and then teleport next to him.

There's tons of ways FF Gil can change his strategy or fight Gil that there's no one way to go about this.

Also, if Gil ever misses using Ea, then FF teleports behind and impales him.

I don't see Gilgamesh being able to deflect a weapon that's heavily implied to be a 4-C character's authority with the ability to rip apart space-time while revealing the "truth" of the world.

You said he thinks ranged fights are boring right? Then wouldn't ending a fight instantly also be boring for him, if he just insta kills him with Hurricane that seems very boring. Gil can adapt to all his strats with SNI. Gil would never miss Enuma Elish when using SNI. So yeah this is definitely inconclusive for me, but I'm still leaning to Gil due to SNI and Enuma Elish being able to one shot.

Reppuzan said:
I'm not sure who to vote for at this time.
Inconclusive? Cause I'd really love a grace period followed up by one of my fights actually getting on a profile.

Just saying.

No pressure.

Then make a CRT, until then, it's not 4C, it's a 5A which is 10 Ninatons, implications mean nothing.

Using guns=/=ranged fighting, CQC gunfights are a thing, if FF Gilgamesh sees swords flying at him and thinks he can shoot them down, he'll whip out some of the assault rifles he used in FF13 and blast them down.

And again, when is Gil going to charge it? How is he going to charge Ea before instant teleportation? Is he going to charge it while FF is at range? Because now FF is going to just blast GoB down while waiting for Gil to shoot, if FSN shoots Ea, FF teleports behind and impales him through his armor, if he waits so that FF can't teleport, then FF casts Hurricane, then spams him with bullets, killing him.

Everything FSN can do, FF has a counter for, everything FF can do, FSN can also counter if he plays his cards right.

Inconclusive is the most reasonable result.

Ramesses the Sun King said:
Still doesn't prove Gil has good CQC skills, if he never fought Cu in CQC and instead opted to GoB spam him to death. You and Aizen need to stop looking at Gil and BB with your waifu/husbando lenses. It's clouding your judgement.
I asked when did Cu defeat Gilgamesh in close combat. How is that clouding my judgement? You people often interpret things your way when it's pretty clear what I'm asking.

That's an assumption. It's not what happened. There is a difference. It could be a very good assumption, but it's still an assumption.

Voting for Fate Gil. Reason are above.

It's not an assumption when it's blatantly obvious unless you think Shirou is a better fighter then Lancer if that's what you believe.

There are also zero good reasons for Fate Gil winning, as the ones who have given reasons are voting inconclusive

I'll be nice and count it, since it only takes one more person for it to be overwritten anyways.

Already counted that. You can look at the names of the voters ya know.

DodoNova2 said:
I vote for the one who is not gilgamesh
That's pretty clearly a joke. Unless he would like to clarify?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back