• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yasutora Sado (Chad) resistance to gravity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Why does Yasutora Sado (Chad) have resistance to gravity on his page?.

Him training under gravity would not give him resistance to gravity, it just he's strong enough to survive the gravity. By this logic Goku and everyone whoever set foot on King Kai's Planet, Vegeta's Gravity Chamber and the Hyperbolic Time Chamber should all have resistance to gravity.

I was the one who added it. Key word "Limited" Resistance to Gravity under 4.5G. I don't know about DBZ resistance feats, but I vote for them to be add in the near future. Is simply a feat. Let say you put Chad against a character that controls Gravity to a lesser extent (5.5G) than Chad's resistance (4.5G) ._. by logic the gravity disadvantage shouldn't affect his body in the fight since his body has already resisted more pressure than his opponent can throw at him.

@AppleLord

It's less Resistance to Gravity and more being able to tank it through physical strength. Goku and Vegeta can operate under such conditions due ot their physical conditioning and the might of their ki rather than a separate ability.

Why does Sado have it again?

If it isn't in their profiles, how would you debate for their resistance to a specific number that no longer affects them when it comes to Hax characters that deal with Gravity? To my knowledge on this wiki, you can't debate a feat unless is on the profile of the character, people tell others to go do a content revision thread for that character instead. It happen to me with another character that I can't remember right now.

@AppleLord

The problem with that is the fact that Sado overcame it through physical training.

Resistance to Gravity Hax would be something along the lines of being able to casually withstand increases in gravity without having to train for it.

Since he overcame that limited gravity through physical training, that type of gravity wouldn't affect his body anymore since he already trained his body and adapted to it. Similar to how Vegeta was unaffected by Babidi's Magic Gravity from that illusion of that Planet, Vegeta's body already build resistance to that type of gravity from his earlier training.

@AppleLord

That's not really Resistance to gravity though. You're just strong enough to resist it.

Reinforcing a building with additional supports makes it sturdier and more likely to withstand an earthquake, but it doesn't automatically make it earthquake-proof.

I was really just using them as an example to say it's more about strength rather then a resistance. Yes, I've seen people go tell others to go make content revision thread for the other verse instead of using them to revise other verses but I'm not trying to give dbz characters a resistance because it's not a resistance but your right I shouldn't be using them so I won't bring them up again.

Example

Chad is physically strong enough to move in heavier gravity because he's just strong enough. Aizen is much more powerful then Chad but has not shown to be resistant to gravity but he would also be able to move because he's phiscally stronger.

I don't even know if you actually can be resistant to gravity because all you would need to do is move in the opposite direction with equal or more force.

Unless a gravity user increased or decreased the gravity around a character who could not fly or use telekinesis to hold themselves in place and they didn't float up and just stayed on the ground unaffected while stronger characters who could not fly or use telekinesis where being lifted or forced down then the would be resistant to Gravity.

Chad was just holding himself up with strength not because he was resistant to Gravity Manipulation.

@Lord

I consider Gravity Resistance feats to be things along the lines of being completely unaffected by gravity manipulation of multiple varieties (i.e. being thrown to the side, forcibly levitated by having gravity reduced to zero, or resisting a black hole). Simply being able to withstand gravitational force is ludicrously common in comics and manga.

Resistance to Gravity Manipulation is more along the lines of being unfazed if someone changes gravity so that it moves to the left, for example. Walking normally on a planet whose gravity is 120000000 G would just require a big lifting strength (because you are lifting your own weight).

Edit: ninja'd

I am fine with removing the ability from his page.

This is not "Limited Resistance to Gravity" at all. A normal human can withstand such forces for a short time, in fact IIRC there was a pilot who endured 45G for a few seconds.

Considering the average physical strength of characters in comics and manga, withstanding a force of 4.5G should not be worthy of note at all.

Okay. I think that we can close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back