• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He incoporates it more in his battle with Dante so i'd say its part of his usual arsenal
Well Im not saying he won't use it, I'm just saying he doesn't start with it.

Though TBF, seeing how none of his attacks will do damage, he'll probably resort to it sooner rather than later.

There is a certain threshold where Infinity stops stuff. If it gets past that, he should be able to tell that something is off. That's what he did when he noticed that Jogo and Hanami weren't immediately stopped by Infinity and were getting closer.
Yea but Dimension slash is way faster than Jogo and Hanami trying to barrel through infinity, i don't think he'd be able to react if he wasnt preparing to evade it from the start

Yea but Dimension slash is way faster than Jogo and Hanami trying to push through infinity, i don't think he'd be able to react if he wasnt preparing to evade it from the start
All he needs to do to evade is clasping his hands together tho, and Gojo himself has very keen senses because of his Six Eyes. He should be able to react.

All he needs to do to evade is clasping his hands together tho, and Gojo himself has very keen senses because of his Six Eyes. He should be able to react.
But he wouldn't be in the mindset or attempt to to evade cause he wouldn't know Dimension slash bypasses infinity... again a feat of him being able to observe Jogo and Hanami try to force there way through his infinity wouldn't equate him being able to avoid Dimension slash

But he wouldn't be in the mindset or attempt to to evade cause he wouldn't know Dimension slash bypasses infinity... again a feat of him being able to observe Jogo and Hanami try to force there way through his infinity wouldn't equate him being able to avoid Dimension slash
I don't think it's even necessarily about mindset, if he sees it's gotten too close, he's going to try to dodge. Gojo is a very adaptable figher. This is assuming Yami aligns Dimension Slash to bisect Gojo, too, instead of firing it from a less ideal angle or something.

Infinity is pretty close to him, you're assuming he can react and tp the moment Dimension slash is almost touching him further adding on top he wasn't aware it could bypass it in the first place, Yeah hes pretty adaptable i agree but i would need feats or scans supporting this level of assumption.

All of Yami's uses with DS is aimed at center mass anyhow he would certainly lose parts of his torso organs. I'm voting Yami

Infinity is pretty close to him, you're assuming he can react and tp the moment Dimension slash is almost touching him further adding on top he wasn't aware it could bypass it in the first place, Yeah hes pretty adaptable i agree but i would need feats or scans supporting this level of assumption.

All of Yami's uses with DS is aimed at center mass anyhow he would certainly lose parts of his torso organs. I'm voting Yami
Yeah, I guess you're right. I'll (think I might) switch my vote to Yami too it has never been more over than this

Last edited:
Ngl i think Dimension Slash is pretty overrated and wouldn't even bypass infinity

Ngl i think Dimension Slash is pretty overrated and wouldn't even bypass infinity
6:52
Idk if this feat is enough, but here Todo just intuits the mechanics of an attack and chooses to not defend with cursed energy, and turns out to be right as the attack drains the target's cursed energy. The only hint he had was the bud growing when it was on Megumi's body, not to mention he figured all of this out in 0.01 seconds. It was very close to him too, and he didn't know how the technique worked. Gojo should be vastly superior to Todo especially with his enhanced senses.

Edit: better clip 8:05

What's the difference between Slash Equinox and normal slash?
slash equinox is the mana zone version of dimension slash. mana zone: allows for omnidirectional attack, and even the ability to spawn attacks where you want and drastically increase your range AND perception.

slash equinox is the mana zone version of dimension slash. mana zone: allows for omnidirectional attack, and even the ability to spawn attacks where you want and drastically increase your range AND perception.
So it's kind of like Domain Expansion. He needs to have the Mana Zone up to use it, right?

So it's kind of like Domain Expansion. He needs to have the Mana Zone up to use it, right?
kind of like domain expansion. the way yami fights is that he always has his mana zone right beside him, expanding and retracting. it's not like domain expansion because domain expansion requires CE. to qualify for mana zone, you need a threshold of mana, not activated mana to use it, but the mana zone spells. but yh, mana zone to use equinox

6:52
Idk if this feat is enough, but here Todo just intuits the mechanics of an attack and chooses to not defend with cursed energy, and turns out to be right as the attack drains the target's cursed energy. The only hint he had was the bud growing when it was on Megumi's body, not to mention he figured all of this out in 0.01 seconds. It was very close to him too, and he didn't know how the technique worked. Gojo should be vastly superior to Todo especially with his enhanced senses.

Edit: better clip 8:05
I just reread his page and Gojo has info analysis via six eyes, i think he could deciper Dimension Slash's properties and choose to avoid it.

Even tho mana zone is stated to do that i don't recall yami ever doing omni directional attacks with DS

Looking like an Incon or Gojo Win cause Yami can still use ki sense to predict and bissect Gojo via DS or Gojo ends it whenever with DE

I might be wrong but i think equinoxis one that destroyed dorophy dimension
I'll have to check it out. if GW is universal in range, then it stands to reason that yami is spawning a slash right at gojo's face if not inside of him. Why? because remember doroth vs Yami. It took 0 time for equinox to pierce GW and effect the real world. secondly, both crystals were cut at the same time (which is what made me believe it had to have infinite range or already exists where yami want's the slash to be)

kind of like domain expansion. the way yami fights is that he always has his mana zone right beside him, expanding and retracting. it's not like domain expansion because domain expansion requires CE. to qualify for mana zone, you need a threshold of mana, not activated mana to use it, but the mana zone spells. but yh, mana zone to use equinox
Is Equinox just a bigger Dimension Slash or am I misunderstanding here?

I'll have to check it out. if GW is universal in range, then it stands to reason that yami is spawning a slash right at gojo's face if not inside of him. Why? because remember doroth vs Yami. It took 0 time for equinox to pierce GW and effect the real world. secondly, both crystals were cut at the same time (which is what made me believe it had to have infinite range or already exists where yami want's the slash to be)
You can't spawn attacks inside JJK character's bodies bc the inside of the body is a kind of Domain which prevents that.

I just reread his page and Gojo has info analysis via six eyes, i think he could deciper Dimension Slash's properties and choose to avoid it.

Even tho mana zone is stated to do that i don't recall yami ever doing omni directional attacks with DS

Looking like an Incon or Gojo Win cause Yami can still use ki sense to predict and bissect Gojo via DS or Gojo ends it whenever with DE
I'd like to note that Gojo is NOT dodging black thrust from yami. I mean, Dante was dodging dimension slashes left and right, but he just couldn't get past black thrust. and these are the same dimension slashes that were warped by highly dense gravity manipulation.

when I say omnidirectionallity, I mean placing. again, Yami vs Dorothy because we are all assuming GW is UNI in size, and yet took no time to get cut and reach earth

not bigger, it's more about placing and range. but then again with range, you could say it's bigger. it's weird to explain.
"Mana Zone: Dark Cloaked Dimension Slash: Equinox: Greater version of Dark Cloaked Dimension Slash, extending its range and reach."
From the page, it just seems to have a larger range, I guess? I still think this goes to Gojo.
So you aren't voting for Yami anymore

I'd like to note that Gojo is NOT dodging black thrust from yami. I mean, Dante was dodging dimension slashes left and right, but he just couldn't get past black thrust. and these are the same dimension slashes that were warped by highly dense gravity manipulation.
Is Black Thrust a variant of Dimension Slash? If not, it can't get through Infinity.

Is Black Thrust a variant of Dimension Slash? If not, it can't get through Infinity.
I'm not sure if it can cut thru infinity, BUT I do know that Dante could not dodge it or warp it with as much gravity as he wished, the same way dimension slashed was warped.

I'm not sure if it can cut thru infinity, BUT I do know that Dante could not dodge it or warp it with as much gravity as he wished, the same way dimension slashed was warped.
It can't from what the profile says. Do you still think Yami wins or nah?

Pretty sure yami slash travels

Yea Black thrust is faster but it doesn't have the dimension cutting properties like Dimension slash

i'll vote incon

"Mana Zone: Dark Cloaked Dimension Slash: Equinox: Greater version of Dark Cloaked Dimension Slash, extending its range and reach."
From the page, it just seems to have a larger range, I guess? I still think this goes to Gojo.

So you aren't voting for Yami anymore
yet it is still interdimensional. if it has a universal range and still extends to the plane of earth, that's why I said he either placed it their, or likely inf range

9 for Yami, 3 for Gojo, 3 for incon btw.
yet it is still interdimensional. if it has a universal range and still extends to the plane of earth, that's why I said he either placed it their, or likely inf range
I don't think it'd be a bigger problem than normal Dimension Slash as far as Gojo is concerned. The ability wording is kinda unclear, if he actually spawns it on the target he'd win, but I don't see anything indicating that really.

9 for Yami, 3 for Gojo, 3 for incon btw.

I don't think it'd be a bigger problem than normal Dimension Slash as far as Gojo is concerned. The ability wording is kinda unclear, if he actually spawns it on the target he'd win, but I don't see anything indicating that really.
normal dimension slash doesn't indicate interdimensional. equinox however does. the basic premise is, it's not rlly getting bound by "constantly halving the distance it is crossing" and this is because it's crossing a uni range in 0 time AND it's crossing the distance between dimensions simultaneously

normal dimension slash doesn't indicate interdimensional. equinox however does. the basic premise is, it's not rlly getting bound by "constantly halving the distance it is crossing" and this is because it's crossing a uni range in 0 time AND it's crossing the distance between dimensions simultaneously
I'm getting confused, normal Dimension Slash can go through Infinity, right? Or is it just Equinox which can?

I'm getting confused, normal Dimension Slash can go through Infinity, right? Or is it just Equinox which can?
both. dimension slash is stated to be able to cut space (space is inf). equinox does the same with but with bigger range (better speed too since it travelled universal in like 0 time) and genuinly has interdimensional influence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back