• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yamcha, my boi, why are you like this

How come Yamcha is Planet Level and not Small Planet Level?

The reasoning for Yamcha being Planet Level is as follows, "His power grew enough that Dr. Gero and Android 19, who had knowledge of Goku's power during his battle with Vegeta, believed Yamcha to be Goku."
But, Goku at this point of time was Small Planet Level. He needed to use the KaioKenx3 in order destroy the planet, and why would Dr. Gero, who is an Extraordinary Genius, not know about the KaioKen technique, and assume that Yamcha was using the KaioKen? At the highest, I can see Yamcha being, "Small Planet Level, possibly Planet Level".

As for his speed, "FTL (Should be at least on par with Saiyan Saga Vegeta)", how come? This was obviously just copy and pasted from Tien Shinhans profile.

If nobody has a reason for this, I might create a CRT.

i'm soory that i had to try and massacre my boi

Gero would know that goku could have gotten stronger too so if he sensed that yamcha was as strong as kk3 goku he would still think it's goku, but you're right yamcha should scale to base goku instead of kaioken and so is his speed, it shouldn't scale to kk3 goku but maybe a possibly could work.

No. Gero already has data about KK4 Goku in the Saiyan Saga, who is 5-B, as his scout robots were only destroyed after the clash between Goku and Vegeta
But Gero knows about Goku using the KaioKen, a technique that allows him to raise his stats Yamcha isn't using the technique of KK, so why would Gero assume he was?

Gero may assume that Goku just got as strong as he was in kk3.
He MAY, which is why i'm asking if there's definite proof that Gero, a scientist of Extraordinary Genius level intellect, is assuming that Yamcha is as powerful as his KKx3-4. If we don't know, then why isn't he Low 5-B, possibly/likely 5-B?

He MAY, which is why i'm asking if there's definite proof that Gero, a scientist of Extraordinary Genius level intellect, is assuming that Yamcha is as powerful as his KKx3-4. If we don't know, then why isn't he Low 5-B, possibly/likely 5-B?
That's what I suggest in my first comment.

Isn't it because Dr Gero assumed the trajectory for Goku's strength after his KKx3.

And assumed that, that was Yamcha (Gero didn't know of SSJ at the time). Meaning Yamcha scales to Planet Level.

And besides IIRC Roshi is a Planet Buster and Yamcha surpassed him (again) making him a Planet buster too.

But Gero knows about Goku using the KaioKen, a technique that allows him to raise his stats Yamcha isn't using the technique of KK, so why would Gero assume he was?
He knows how strong Goku was after the amps from the Kaioken, then factors in several more years that he suspects Goku became much much stronger, and then he thinks Yamcha is Goku based on his power when he faces the Androids

And besides IIRC Roshi is a Planet Buster and Yamcha surpassed him (again) making him a Planet buster too.
Roshi isn't a planet buster, there is no key where he is one.

Now that i'm looking at it, Dr. Gero never even says that Yamcha is Goku in the manga. He only says that it's someone who's above human level, which the Androids assume to be Son Goku, before realizing is Yamcha almost instantly afterwards, scans here https://justpaste.it/7wlw3 (since DBZ Anime is Toei canon)

I'd still think that Yamcha should regardless be At least Low 5-B just by the fact that he's had 3 years training, and shouldn't be SUPER far behind Krillin and Tien.

Roshi isn't a planet buster, there is no key where he is one.

Now that i'm looking at it, Dr. Gero never even says that Yamcha is Goku in the manga. He only says that it's someone who's above human level, which the Androids assume to be Son Goku, before realizing is Yamcha almost instantly afterwards, scans here https://justpaste.it/7wlw3 (since DBZ Anime is Toei canon)
How is that any different from the current justification?

How is that any different from the current justification?
The only quote there is "He's already found us... Son Goku." Keep in mind, this isn't the official translation, so there could be errors, but the only reason they assume it's Goku is because it's stronger than any other human, meaning that it's superior to all the Saiyan Saga Z-Fighters who fought Nappa, and subsequently means that he could only be Goku.

The only quote there is "He's already found us... Son Goku." Keep in mind, this isn't the official translation, so there could be errors, but the only reason they assume it's Goku is because it's stronger than any other human, meaning that it's superior to all the Saiyan Saga Z-Fighters who fought Nappa, and subsequently means that he could only be Goku.
Didn't they sense an energy and assumed it to be goku? That must mean he's at least on the same level as Goku was against vegeta, if he was weaker then it couldn't have been goku.

Didn't they sense an energy and assumed it to be goku? That must mean he's at least on the same level as Goku was against vegeta, if he was weaker then it couldn't have been goku.
Nevermind, because I just fact checked this claim here which I was going to use to explain this...

Dr. Gero's robots were destroyed after the beam clash between Goku and Vegeta, who used Kaioken x4 against Vegeta
But unfortunately, this is completely wrong, Cell destroyed them. The reason why Android 19 and Dr. Gero didn't know about SSJ is because the only time he could've seen it in action was at the site of Mecha Frieza, which he didn't.

Nevermind, because I just fact checked this claim here which I was going to use to explain this...

But unfortunately, this is completely wrong, Cell destroyed them. The reason why Android 19 and Dr. Gero didn't know about SSJ is because the only time he could've seen it in action was at the site of Mecha Frieza, which he didn't.
Even if they weren't destroyed, Gero still saw the full extent of Goku's power against Vegeta, and for Gero to think that Yamcha is Goku based on his power, especially since Gero figured out that Goku would become stronger during the several years between the Saiyan and Android Saga, Yamcha should at least surpass Goku with KK4

Even if they weren't destroyed, Gero still saw the full extent of Goku's power against Vegeta, and for Gero to think that Yamcha is Goku based on his power, especially since Gero figured out that Goku would become stronger during the several years between the Saiyan and Android Saga, Yamcha should at least surpass Goku with KK4
Do we have statements of how much stronger Gero thought Goku would be? Because otherwise you’re applying a speculative 3x multiplier, which breaks our multiplier standards.

Do we have statements of how much stronger Gero thought Goku would be? Because otherwise you’re applying a speculative 3x multiplier, which breaks our multiplier standards.
Gero already have knowledge of Goku's power with Kaioken times 4. He's well aware of the battle against Vegeta, which includes the Kaioken technique

Gero already have knowledge of Goku's power with Kaioken times 4. He's well aware of the battle against Vegeta, which includes the Kaioken technique
BTW that would only net yamcha a likely not a full tier, so I am on the side of shoe man on having a small planet likely planet yamcha for now.

Yes, but he mistook Yamcha for Goku, without thinking either was using Kaioken, so assuming that he thought current base Goku was stronger than the former Kaioken Goku would be applying a multiplier without any basis, if there’s no statement to back it up.

Yes, but he mistook Yamcha for Goku, without thinking either was using Kaioken, so assuming that he thought current base Goku was stronger than the former Kaioken Goku would be applying a multiplier without any basis, if there’s no statement to back it up.
He know what was Goku's max power from the battle against Vegeta and went off from there, assuming Goku's maximum power increase by a lot during the several years. And as he knows about the kaioken and that Goku could use it against him (as he didn't knew about SSJ), he taken the boost in power into account

Sure, he’s taken into account that Goku can use it, but why do you treat that as meaning he thinks current base Goku is stronger than his previous Kaioken? Increasing power by a lot doesn’t inherently mean your base has surpassed your old strongest techniques, so you need evidence that Gero thinks this is the case.

Sure, he’s taken into account that Goku can use it, but why do you treat that as meaning he thinks current base Goku is stronger than his previous Kaioken? Increasing power by a lot doesn’t inherently mean your base has surpassed your old strongest techniques, so you need evidence that Gero thinks this is the case.
Because he isn't thinking about Base Goku. Gero planned for him and his Androids to be stronger than whatever Goku could throw at him, which would include the Kaioken too, in order to gurantee them being able to kill Goku, where he can't surprise them with a trick up his sleeve. Otherwise, there might could be a possibility that even if they outmatch Base Goku, he just go Kaioken and kills Gero and his Androids

Because he isn't thinking about Base Goku. Gero planned for him and his Androids to be stronger than whatever Goku could throw at him, which would include the Kaioken too, in order to gurantee them being able to kill Goku, where he can't surprise them with a trick up his sleeve. Otherwise, there might could be a possibility that even if they outmatch Base Goku, he just go Kaioken and kills Gero and his Androids
They knew that it was Yamcha when they attacked him. Look at the scans above.

Back