• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xianxia/Xuanhuan General Discussion: Junior, you dare?!

What novel do y'all think has some of the strongest first stage realm like qi refining or some shit and this is not just for the mc but for everyone i read a novel few months ago about simulation and the qi refining stage is already a cosmic powerhouse where they could travel planet to solar system by themselves and destroy the barrier that protect the galaxy from something forgot the novel name

New novel read. An ongoing novel with around 300 chapters.

Extreme Dao: My Cultivation Technique Can Reach Full Level With One Click

Martial Dao:
Mortal Realms
1. Strength Training
2. Divine Power
3. Blood Rage
4. Bone Forging
5. Congealing Marrow

Deva Realm/Celestial Realm
1. Qi Gathering Realm
2. External Qi Realm (Inner Qi Realm)
3. Explosive Qi Realm
4. Gang Qi Realm
5. True Qi Realm

Experts at Celestial Realm are called Great Masters

Experts at Inner Qi Realm are called Return to Origin Great Masters.

Peak of Martial Dao is called a Martial Saint and is comparable to a Demon King

Similar to other novels I've hyped up like Ultimate Demon and Panic for 10,000 years, this is another novel with "weirdness" or anomalies. Apart from demons and ghosts, there's also creatures or entities only labelled as "weird". They are unexplainable even to top tier cultivators.

And because of that, the stronger the martial artist or cultivator, the more weird things they will encounter.

I personally love worlds where there is a lot of mystery and being strong doesn't take out all the adventure.

Also MC is very similar to Lin Fan (It's Lonely to be Invincible) in that he cultivates mostly physical Martial Arts (defence, strength, speed) and combines multiple skills into one after which he can transform into a giant demon-like monster. He is a beast in physical combat. He ain't as funny though.

I'd say the setting is an 8/10

MC is a 7/10 - he's not too bad, but not that great either. Just a standard MC.

But I would say the setting makes up for it, after all not all authors are experts at making funny or deep MCs.

A question for people's preference.

I've been very, very slowly making revisions for LOTM (that probably won't be finished until COI itself is finished, though tbf I would also be making COI profiles by that time).
And basically, Klein's profile will likely end up really massive and a pain in the ass to look at due to the walls of text in it.
So I've constructed 2 versions of how his profile is gonna be formatted.

This version is how most profiles would look like. All statistics are placed together, separated by "|" in between.
This version is different: every statistic starting from Attack Potency until Notable Attacks and Techniques are separated by Sequence through Tabbers. For example, you will only see Seer Klein's statistics in the first tabber, and the next one will have only his Clown statistics, and so on.

I stole this idea from Kobster's Kafka Hibino profile and I kinda like it. I might also do the same for Adam's profile unless I decide to just create separate profiles for ASG, Adam and the True Creator.
Are you planning to create a Beyonder physiology page? I was planning to revise Audrey's and think the verse needs a physiology page when i started listing her resistances since Beyonder > lower "level" haxes, the individual pages just need to list resistances they get from their Pathway's power or from equipment

I'm back with another new read. 296 chapters.

It's MTL but the first 122 chapters are excellently translated. It's only after chapter 130 or so that the translation quality went down.

But every chapter is super-long so 120 chapters is like another novels 500 chapters. And pretty much all the important stuff has happened within them.

Novel Name: The Aptitude is Too Bad, My Martial Arts have been Blackened

In the early stages MC doesn't have much talent for martial arts so he mostly relies on the System. It's basically one of those systems where martial arts gain some pseudo-sentience and practice by themselves if the MC fulfills some conditions (like training other companion martial arts, using spirit stones or panacea etc.

After MC reaches Xiantian Realm, he is reborn and basically becomes a genius since Xiantian experts can basically master any martial arts almost instantly.

Later he becomes a Martial Sage and practices a devouring technique and silkworm technique that allow him to increase his potential even further.

So at some point, the system's role does get reduced as he becomes even more talented.

The Aptitude is Too Bad,...

Martial Arts Realms:

A. Houtian
1. Third Rate Practitioner
2. Second Rate Practitioner
3. First Rate Practitioner
- Super First Rate
4. Great Master
  • Peak Great Master
  • Super Great Master
5. Grand Great Master
- Super Grand Great Master

B. Xiantian
6. Xiantian Realm (Houtian Return to Xiantian)
Everyone at this level has Xiantian Energy
  • Xiantian True Element Realm
  • Xiantian Void Pill Realm (Virtual Pill)
  • Xiantian Gold Core Realm

C. Xiantian transforming into Dragon
7. Dragon Transformation
- 12 levels of potential (12 Orders)
Everyone at this level has Dragon Energy.

D. Immortal Realm
8. Immortal Martial Realm
- 10 Stages
9. Martial Saint/Dao Realm
- 10 Stages
Titles
  • Saint
  • Ancient Saint
  • Great Saint
These are the martial arts levels as of chapter 130.

10. Rongdao Realm/God Lord

Last edited:
This world also has cultivation but of course Cultivators are more rarer than martial artists.

Most Martial Artists can't even reach Great Master level and as for Dragon Transformation Realm, there are only like 3 of them in MC's (Su Hao's) Kingdom.

However, there are many high level cultivators. And Cultivators are usually stronger by a level compared to Martial Arts Practitioners.

Cultivation Levels

1. Qi Gathering - comparable to Super First Rate Masters to Great Masters to regular Grand Great Masters

2. Foundation Establishment - comparable to Super Grand Great Master to ordinary non-MC Xiantian

3. Golden Core - comparable to strongest Xiantian (usually the third level Xiantian Gold Core)

4. Nascent Soul Realm (comparable to Dragon Transformation Realm)

5. Celestial Immortal/Immortal Ascension

Comparable to Immortal Martial Realm - here the differences between cultivators and martial artists no longer exist since the way of cultivation is basically the same. One has to turn their martial arts/cultivation techniques into Dao Rules. There are 10 Stages in total.

• 1st Stage to 4th Stage
  • 5th Stage - Immortal King
  • 6th Stage - can control the rules of their realm & empower themselves to 7th stage
  • 7th Stage to 10th Stage

6. Immortal Venerable/Dao Realm

They transform the Dao Rules/laws into a Dao Seed and then grow a Dao Fruit. Their strength naturally depends on the strength of the law one mastered and the number of laws. Usually ordinary people can only master 1 law.

Demons
There are Demons and Demon Beasts in this novel. Unlike Demon Beasts, Demons have a supreme bloodline and are born strong from day 1.

1. Demon General - Golden Core
2. Demon King - Nascent Soul - Dragon Transformation/Martial King
3. Demon God - Immortal Ascension

Realm Beasts
They are the main enemies of part I of the book. Humans have never beaten them until the MC comes along.

They are born from the Void.
They are also born superstrong. Like at birth they are usually comparable to Xiantian or Dragon Transformation Realmn martial artists.
1. Regular World Beast - comparable to Nascent Soul/Dragon Transformation.
2. World Beast King - comparable to Human Immortals
3. Supreme Beast King - 4th stage Immortal
4. Beast Master - comparable to Immortal King
5. Supreme Beast Master - 6th Stage Immortal

As for powerscaling, the MC, Su Hao, can break through the sound barrier when he is a First Rate Practitioner.

At peak Xiantian Realm, he is basically City Level. But he usually countless times stronger than others of the same realm. Regular Xiantian Warriors aren't that strong.

Dragon Transformation/Nascent Soul experts can destroy cities and mountains.

Immortals master laws/Dao so their strength mainly depends on the law they master.

For instance, Time Dao while OP doesn't have much destructive capacity. Meanwhile Black Hole Dao can basically swallow up everything.

Other people usually master 1 Dao but MC has mastered 9 so far and is gunning for 12!

Dropped this novel around chapter 155 when the author did a 10 year timeskip in 1 chapter and then a 100 year timeskip the next chapter. Maybe I will go back to it later.

The novel kinda lost the hype it had going in the early stages. Like one of the main points early on was how young the MC was. He became a Martial Sage (Dragon Transformation Realm) before age 20.

He reached Immortal Realm before age 30 and became a Saint a few months after leaving his home realm. Most Immortals are tens of thousands of years while Saints are usually hundreds of thousands of years old. So it was a huge contrast!

From Saint Realm 1st Stage to 9th Stage, it only took MC, Su Hao, 3 months (of course with the help of some treasures). And this is without the help of the system. Other characters usually take like a hundred thousand years just to cross like 1 stage!

But now the author suddenly have MC go 100+ years without advancing a single stage cause of a "bottleneck"? And the system already got forgotten like 50 chapters ago.

A lot of novels do forget the system hundreds of chapters in but this one is only in chapter 155 and the system hasn't been mentioned since MC broke through to Immortal Realm.

Also the wonder of MC being young while everyone else was like 100,000 years old+ is now gone. And the time-skips completely ignored MC saying he wanted to advance in martial arts very fast and go back to his friends and family in his home realm.

It's like the author even forgot about MCs dad and fiance.

The time-skips and MC being in a different place also mean that none of the old cast are seen again, at least so far, so we are just stuck with characters who neither the readers nor the MC have a connection with.

It kinda reminds me of how I was enjoying the novel: I only Practice Forbidden Skills but then everyone around the MC died due to the passing of time (MC is immortal while they aren't and grow old). It was very touching at first sort of like that one anime but once all of MCs loved one's are gone, the world is left empty.

MC then moved to another place where he mostly lived in seclusion with other cultivators and never established any meaningful relationships again. So we were just left with the MC and a host of other irrelevant empty characters despite the first part of the book being so good.

Anyway, both The Aptitude is Too Bad, My Martial Arts have been Blackened and I only Practice Forbidden Skills are great novels but the authors miss what kept the readers there.

A great power system and setting aren't enough to keep readers. Your setting needs to be filled with life. And these long timeskips "kill" that life leaving the novel feeling empty.

Infinite Mana in Apocalypse.

Ah yes, where should I begin?

Power scaling wise? This shit good, and basically a treasure of feats.

But the story and plot? This shit is trash, so trash that I rate Solo Leveling higher that this overrated junk.

Infinite Mana in Apocalypse.

Ah yes, where should I begin?

Power scaling wise? This shit good, and basically a treasure of feats.

But the story and plot? This shit is trash, so trash that I rate Solo Leveling higher that this overrated junk.
Eh it's mostly built on hype which I can get behind. I dislike the harem, but whatever. Also in the Q&A section I posted a question about Inf. And Imme. Speed. Can you take a look at it?

I'm reading THE DIVINE TWILIGHT'S RETURN, very good so far. It mentions multiverses, planes of existence and other things that would fit well on the Wiki. Plus, of course, it has an interesting story.

"Courting Death System, Open!"
[ Ding!]
A purple interface appeared before Long Ming as the introduction appeared.
[ What kind of protagonist are you if you don't make your opponent vomit blood? What sort of cultivator are you if you don't make your enemy's face turn green and veins pop out?]
[ There is no immortality if you don't court death! Host! Welcome to Courting Death System!]
[ Court Death, But don't die!]
Love when Chinese novels embrace the memes.

Back