• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

X.A.N.A vs Alphamon (3-A versions)

Alright. Now that the issues with X.A.N.A have been settled, I REALLY want to give him a nice good battle on even preportions after the first 2 tries (which may be redone soon) just so we can give X.A.N.A a nice welcome here in Vsbattles. So, let's try this for a third time now xD

X.A.N.A.
Destructive A.I.

AlphamonOuryuken
Royal Knight

Both are Virtual Beings with amazing power
X.A.N.A the A.I. vs Alphamon of the Royal Knights

Alphamon sees X.A.N.A as a threat to the digital world and intends to do anything he can to stop X.A.N.A

Of course, Speed is Equalized for fairness reasons

No prep, winner by either death or K.O.

X.A.N.A votes- 2

Alphamon votes- 1

Inconclusive votes- 1

GO!

Yikes, this is pretty tough. On one hand, Alphamon has resistance to most of what X.A.N.A can throw out on a much higher scale than X.A.N.A, but at the same time I don't think Alphamon can really put down X.A.N.A. X.A.N.A also has some powerful hax that Alphamon doesn't have resistance too such as Perception and Memory Manipulation in his arsenal, so that could work if X.A.N.A learns that Reality Warping wont work on him.

Of course, moves like Alpha InForce can turn this into a perpetual stalemate. While Alphamon isn't the kind who'll give up, he doesn't have the stamina to fight forever, While X.A.N.A does.

Ultimately I'm going with X.A.N.A but after a long battle. I seriously want to see a fight like this happen in Digimon though.

FINALLY, a battle for X.A.N.A is set in motion lol

Anyways, would time manipulation work here? And i also feel that Alphamon doesnt have the neccesary moves to actually kill X.A.N.A as you need an attack that can attack X.A.N.A's entire existence all at once like Jeremy's Multi-Agent System. And even if Alphamon can attack and defeat X.A.N.A like that, i dont see what's stopping X.A.N.A from just inputting Source Codes into Alphamon without him noticing to keep himself alive and kicking to fight. And since Alphamon could never notice or sense the Source Codes, X.A.N.A would remain alive forever once he puts some into him.

So i'd agree with either Inconclusive or X.A.N.A high diff.

Actually wait, how does Alphamon have resistance to most of XANA's hax other than the one's you specificed? Doesnt XANA have more hax by a lot anyways?

PS- i'd appericiate it if you could Highlight this so more people can come give a vote as I feel this first true battle for X.A.N.A seems close

Oh no prob, my bad for asking in the 1st place. Did not know xD

But I do hope other's put their thoughts on this. This match seems real close

Hmmm. This is close. I think this will end as inconclusive since XANA is apparently "not" limitless in stamina? Alphamon's alpha inforce should keep him from dying(It activates automatically) So this fight will go on forever.... So yeah I say inconclusive on this one. Probably best to ask Reppu to comment here. Since he seems to know a lot about both series.

True but X.A.N.A could always use hax like "Perception Manipulation" (Seriously idk if this is even real it just seems like this) to fool Alphamon's perception or Memory Manipulation to make him forget he has powers. And X.A.N.A could still always trap Alphamon in one of his pocket dimensions, use Return to the Past which would automatically erase his memory after time is reversed, and i think a few more

Would Alphamon even know he's in a fight?

I'm not sure what Perception Manipulation you're referring to.

Not sure how in-character it is for X.A.N.A to start messing with everyone's memories and perceptions (he certainly didn't do so at the beginning of the series).

Alphamon has also proven himself immune to a universal mind wipe and evolutionary regression instigated by Izzy in the most recent episode of Tri so...

Reppuzan said:
I'm not sure what Perception Manipulation you're referring to.
Not sure how in-character it is for X.A.N.A to start messing with everyone's memories and perceptions (he certainly didn't do so at the beginning of the series).
Maybe but he did do so at the start of one episode in S3 as a part of his plans. X.A.N.A usually does anything that benefits itself and its own goals that it's willing to do anything in order to get what he wants done well....done. It wouldnt be strange for him to start out doing that, given he did so before.

And it's not like Alphamon can "hit" X.A.N.A directly at first, he'd probably not even realize he's in a fight due to X.A.N.A being completely formless, so it'd easily give X.A.N.A plently of opportunities to inflict its hax onto Alphamon.

The problem is that Alphamon is immune to basically all of X.A.N.A's hax. The likes of Zeed couldn't effectively put down Alphamon despite being blatantly superior to him in power.

Even if Alphamon can't hurt X.A.N.A. through conventional means, he is still a Royal Knight with the highest level of Network Security clearance, allowing him to hack and rewrite Lyoko and X.A.N.A. itself if he so wished. The similarly powerful Omnimon X (who got the X-Antibody from Alphamon himself) did just that after erasing Yggdrasil.

Reppuzan said:
The problem is that Alphamon is immune to basically all of X.A.N.A's hax. The likes of Zeed couldn't effectively put down Alphamon despite being blatantly superior to him in power.
Even if Alphamon can't hurt X.A.N.A. through conventional means, he is still a Royal Knight with the highest level of Network Security clearance, allowing him to hack and rewrite Lyoko and X.A.N.A. itself if he so wished. The similarly powerful Omnimon X (who got the X-Antibody from Alphamon himself) did just that after erasing Yggdrasil.
I read Alphamon's profile at least 2x and i didnt see anything on his profile that implied he was immune to X.A.N.A's Memory Manipulation, Perception Manipulation (Dont know if it's even a real thing btw), Possession, Pocket Reality Manipulation, and so on. X.A.N.A will have a ton of opportunities to inflict its hax onto Alphamon, even ways I havent listed yet. The issue with this is even if Alphamon is immune to basically the entirety of X.A.N.A's hax, whats the point in that if Alphamon doesnt even know he's in a fight until X.A.N.A does something? It's not like X.A.N.A is really that noticeable due to being formless. He'll be given a lot of time and opportunities to do anything he wants to Alphamon before Alphamon even tries to fight back in realization that he's fighting someone.

Also, X.A.N.A isnt limited to Lyoko remember since he basically left the super computer and has 100's of different virtual worlds to choose and hide in, even something like the Cortex which he didnt create. And this is assuming Alphamon knows what Lyoko even is (though its not impossible since verse equalization and these 2 are likely to fight there anyways). Finally, in the worst case scenerio that X.A.N.A can't do anything to Alphamon, what's stopping X.A.N.A from just slipping Source Codes into Alphamon to keep itself from being erased to nothing? And Alphamon wouldnt be able to tell what these codes were or even when X.A.N.A put them into him and once that happens, X.A.N.A would be alive even if most of him is erased. Alphamon would have to destroy himself in order to destroy the remaining parts of X.A.N.A's existence that are inside of him, making this a tie between them.

So overall, X.A.N.A seems to have a lot of ways to either take this win or make it a tie for himself

Well, as I just mentioned, it only happened relatively recently in the most recent Digimon Adventure Tri episode, I just haven't gotten around to adding that to the profile yet. Also, Resistance is passive, he doesn't need to think about it to have it, as he wasn't present for the event that led to said mind wipe.

Pocket Reality Manipulation is a no-go since Alphamon is already immune to regular Reality Manipulation.

There's also nothing stopping Alphamon from simply hacking the rest of them too. He is free to enter and leave the Digital World as he pleases, and as a Royal Knight it's his job to hunt down threats wherever they might be. Plus, he's also able to sense and detect evil, being one of the Digital World's deterrent forces against things that would threaten it.

True. But X.A.N.A could always trap Alphamon inside either one of X.A.N.A's created worlds or guardians if reality warping is a no go.

But thats the thing. Even if Alphamon can hack X.A.N.A, theres no way he can kill him once Xana puts in some of his source codes. And they cannot be sensed, felt or even noticed without special means. They lie dormant in you until either Xana reabsorbs them to his convience or the victim destroys themself to neutralize the injected Source Codes. To sum things up, Xanas source codes are like the equivalent to Aizens Kyoka Suigetsu. Without destroying urself their is no way to get rid of them. And if Xana manages to inject some into Alphamon, He literally cant be killed as he'll just remain alive through the codes he gave to Alphamon.

As I stated before, Alphamon can enter and leave the Digtial World as he pleases, which contains countless pocket dimensions in and of itself. Not really useful.

Alphamon is also immune to information and data manipulation, as he was able to stand around Dexmon who automatically tears apart the very 1s and 0s of everything nearby as well as all of Zeed's and the Mother Eater's attempts to hax him into oblivion.

Would that count as Data/Info. Manipulation? It's not really manipulating the data you make up its just Xana injecting a parr of his existence into others to keep him from being erased. I don't think Alphamon would be immune to that. Also I'll reply tomorrow afternoon as I have school

@Reppuzan

Yea but the problem with this is Source Codes are not viruses. They are parts of X.A.N.A whos an A.I. and his power. Parts that can exist finely, even in the real world and remain unoticeable or unsenseable without using Special Means. All it is really is just X.A.N.A injecting his foes with a part of his existence. Unless we're considering X.A.N.A as a virus.....I still stand by my statement.

I think you're also forgetting that Alpha Inforce will just activate once Alphamon is losing. He doesn't activate, it activates on its own and Alphamon keeps all his memories and would know his opponent's abilities. Plus while XANA gets stronger when time is reversed he will be attacked at an infinite amount of points in space-time via Causality Manipulation since he is not Acausual. And basically I change my vote to Alphamon due to Reppu's reasoning. So Alphamon High-Difficulty.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I think you're also forgetting that Alpha Inforce will just activate once Alphamon is losing. He doesn't activate, it activates on its own and Alphamon keeps all his memories and would know his opponent's abilities. Plus while XANA gets stronger when time is reversed he will be attacked at an infinite amount of points in space-time via Causality Manipulation since he is not Acausual. And basically I change my vote to Alphamon due to Reppu's reasoning. So Alphamon High-Difficulty.
Good reasoning (I'll change the voting in a minute)

But i see an issue with this. While the Alpha Force would be activated automatically once Alphamon starts losing, this is assuming that Alphamon starting at base wouldnt get effected by some of what X.A.N.A could do.

My question still after all this is how will Alphamon even know he's fighting until XANA does something? XANA has no true form as he exists across the entire "network" and the virtual universes (Replika's) so Alphamon would never even know who X.A.N.A is until XANA does something to him. That would leave XANA a huge opportunity to unleash mutliple different tactics on Alphamon to help him win, such as:

1. Use Perception Manipulation to mix up Alphamon's perception and confuse him like he did to Odd and Ulrich and then finish him off.

2. Use Memory Manipulation to make forget Alphamon has powers, leaving only the Alpha Force as an option and then try to finish him off.

3. Unless he's immune to it, use Possesion to just Possess Alphamon and make him one of X.A.N.A's victims

4. Worst case scenerio is if X.A.N.A can't finish off Alphamon, then he can just imput Source Codes into him without Alphamon being able to sense, see or feel them so that X.A.N.A can't die period unless Alphamon destroys himself to destroy the implanted Source Codes.

Finally, would Alphamon just randomly use Casuality Manipulation? I dont see how he can figure out X.A.N.A is formless enough for him to use it in the fight.

1) If that happens everything will be reset with Alpha Inforce I do believe (Reppu can correct me if I am wrong.)

2) Same as above. Plus I do believe Alphamon is resistant to any type of Virus(In Digimon any foreign object is considered a virus.) Heck her being a vaccine is strong against them.

3) She would be resistant to data possessing him since Yggdrasil himself and Zeed can't really effect him with stuff like that. (Yggdrasil created him and gave him purpose.)

4) Assuming Alphamon will not stop it from happening since she will be able to sense XANA.

5) Yes because that is what Alpha Inforce is which occurs against Alphamon's will. So she would use Causality like that. That's how Alphamon is as a Digimon. Again Reppu will correct me if I'm wrong.

Also the moment XANA enters the digital world Alphamon will know. Plus your description implies Alphamon knows XANA is there. "Alphamon sees X.A.N.A as a threat to the digital world and intends to do anything he can to stop X.A.N.A"

Most of that, i will admit is true. But even if the Alpha Force would reset it once activated can't X.A.N.A just finish him off before that happens? And then we still have XANA's regen + immortality. Also due to Verse Equalization this fight is happening likely in a virtual setting right?

As for the Source Codes, I still don't think he'd be able to stop XANA from implanting them into himself. XANA pretty much did so to the Lyoko warriors without them, Jeremy or anyone even taking notice until the start of Evolution (which iirc is years after they "beat" XANA). XANA did it to them just before the moment he was "destroyed", without ever showing just how and/or when he did it. Even characters like Yumi, Ulrich and likely Odd, who were in the real world at the time, were implanted with them. It's strange but that's how it happened to them. But if that's the case, then X.A.N.A could just implant the codes into Alphamon once XANA's Perception/Memory Manipulation hits its mark to make sure he can safely implant them when Alphamon is vulnerable. Right?

If "Reseting" is going back in time that won't help Alphamon since XANA gets 2x stronger each time time is reset via return to the past.

Thing here is that Alpha Inforce attacks in an INFINITE amount of points of space time. And seeing as Alphamon has resistences to most if not all of XANA's hax he will eventually win in the end since XANA has no defense for Causality Manipulation i.e Alpha Inforce. Also your assuming Alphamon would just let her guard down. She is no fool she'd know if something like XANA is still alive. Plus your talking about Alphamon whose senses are easily above that of the teens as she was made to combat threats exactly like XANA.

Alpha InForce: Alphamon has access to this legendary Overdrive ability, allowing him to instantly replay the elapsed battle by manipulating causality. Thus he is able to return the state of the battle back to the beginning should he somehow be defeated and allowing him to learn from his previous battles. He is also able to use this ability offensively, instantly replaying his first attack an infinite number of times and target an infinite number of points in space in an instant, making it appear as if he felled his opponent in one blow and rendering his attacks virtually impossible to dodge.

BruceTheBatman said:
If "Reseting" is going back in time that won't help Alphamon since XANA gets 2x stronger each time time is reset via return to the past.
Your assuming it will take more than one Alpha Inforce to finish the job.

BruceTheBatman said:
It doesn't matter. If Alpha is beaten the first time his chances will be massively reduced the second time.
How can XANA react to a foes he no longer can track since Alphamon is attacking in an Infinite points in space and time. He has no defense for that. Plus this is assuming AAlphamon loses in the first place.

It's not that she'd let her guard down it's that she wouldnt be able to tell when or where XANA would attack. She may know XANA's there, but it would still be hard for her to know what XANA's first move is. As noted on his profile, XANA isnt limited to or applicable to speed since he has no form to either be blitzed by or do the blitzing/fighting so he'd at any time could likely effect her once the fight starts. And XANA can start the fight out with Perception or Memory Manipulation to make her vulnerable, the implant the codes into her. And then he'd try and finish her off before the Alpha Force activates as it will activate only when she starts to lose. And none of what's listed above will effectively weaken Alphamon. And as long as XANA doesnt weaken her to the point of losing, the Alpha Force will never be activated, leaving Alphamon from the start of the battle effected by few of XANA's hax. In additon, clearly she has better senses than the Lyoko warriors but the codes, whether in the real or virtual world, can't be sensed without Special Means such as the Super Comptuer scanning and giving you the feedback. Unless you have something like that, you can't sense or notice the codes implanted into you.

Also, if the Alpha Force specializes in reversing time, then its not going to kill XANA as he's immune to that. In fact it will only make XANA even stronger everytime a time reverse is done, like with Return to the Past.

No it specializes in replaying events i.e Causality Manipulation, i.e attacking weaker XANA's who from what I see is NOT acausual. That effect the current fight I do believe based on the description. Also AI activates instantly. Also you realize EVERYTHING is equalized here So both are equal in speed including attacks so Alphamon and XANA will easily keep up with each other,. Also didn't Reppu already go against that Perception and Memory Manipulation? So I stand by what he stated there as Alphamon could also hack XANA. And since both of them are aware of each other(So no more of that "Alphamon not knowing XANA is attacking" nonsense.) It all comes down to who takes care of who first. Alphamon is not just going to allow herself to be taken over. Only thing in the history of digimon that has harmed her memories was the Eaters who are higher dimensional beings. And even then they came back soon after, it just degenerated her due to the nature of the eaters as she forced herself into a human body. Again characters like Zeed and Yggdrasil could not permanently kill her. And of course like I said she should have access to All Delete since it is her power given to Omnimon. So I believe Existence Eraser. Of course Reppu can correct me.

Also you should probably put "Cannot summon Ouryuken" as that would make this a stomp. In character Alphamon would summon Owryumon/Ouryuken to use as a 2-C weapon. Also I believe we've forgotten about Soul Digitization.

For one, XANA is also a possible 2C and it doesnt matter as I limited this to their 3-A versions, which I thought meant anything in higher tier's period would be banned from this fight.

"Also you realize EVERYTHING is equalized here So both are equal in speed including attacks"

Actually now that I think about it would this matter to a being with no form to either blitz or be blitzed? Unless XANA is using a Polymorphic Spector or his monsters, which are not only useless here but are just small parts of XANA, to fight with, he probably is not limited to this rule. I might have to ask more admins on this topic as I dont wan't to be just "making stuff up" Its just something that is now occuring to me.

I countered his comment about the Perception/Memory Manipulation as Alphamon is not just immune to this on a daily basis she needs the Alpha Force to nullify it if im correct and it wont activate until XANA is pushing her onto the losing end. Also, for the part of "Alphamon not knowing XANA is attacking", what makes this incorrect? He has no form at all, XANA is completely formless outside of his creations. Even if she knows XANA is there and IS going to fight her, she cannot just instantly tell when, where and how he will attack her. She wouldnt be taken over she'd, if anything, just have her perception of her surroundings or her memories manipulated and then when vulnerable, be injected with parts of XANA to make him unkillable.

I feel I should also mention that XANA also has the ability to link himself with othersjust by stealing a part of their memories . This is evident in S2 when he did it to Aelita. Jeremy and the other's believed XANA gave her a virus that linked them to each other, but he was wrong. Franz Hopper's research proved XANA didnt give her anything. In fact, he took something from her. And that was her memories of her life on earth before being trapped on Lyoko. By XANA taking them away, he binded her to him. So in this fight, if XANA uses Memory Manipulation, he can just steal a part of Alphamons memory to link her to him. And if XANA dies, then Alphamon will die as well. Esstentially a OHKO like Destiny Bond.

Idk anything about Soul Digitization but Existence Erasure is also something XANA has. He can manipulate the Digital Sea, which completely erases anything that comes into contact with it (unless they have immunity to it). So if this fight has an equal setting then the Digital Sea will be here and XANA can just flood the entire reality with it like he did before in-series.

How is Alphamon not immune to this on a daily basis? Also no form means he is non-corporeal making this a stomp in his favor..... Soul Digitization summons and equally as powerful monster to fight with Alpha. So it would be two against one. I will have Reppu take care of the rest as his arguments seem a little more together as he knows both series. And he is more knowledgeable about Digimon than me. So as of now it is tied.

Also Speed Equalization WOULD work on XANA otherwise the speed equalization is irrelevant. See out Staff Discussion thread about this.

Im sorry I improperly made this....... :(

ALL i wanted to do was give XANA a good match and even now issues with the fight pop up......

XANA has a true form, he just doesn't show it to the Lyoko Warriors. Instead he summons 8-C constructs. He can't actually fight. XANA can only be 3-A via hax or indirectly affecting the battlefield. I doubt this would work.

The real question is if XANA could corrupt Alphamon TBH. This is why I think even with these ratings MegaMan.EXE would beat XANA.

Back