• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Losers R2M3] Venefica's Tier 7 Tourney: Axlven vs Accelerator

Accel can also just quickly incap his opponents by knocking them out instead of killing them
For example he wasn't angry here when he just decided to quickly finish the job.
That would still depend on whether or not he can touch him, and since accelerator is both not being aggressive, and considering they are both starting 40 meters away from each other according to the tourney rules, he still wouldn’t go for that immediately. He’d more likely go for ranged attacks, like using his vectors to manipulate the air, which axlven can evade. There’s also the fact that his vectors/reflection isn’t always perfect, so if he’s too careless, it might not work, which also brings this mistake he can make into the equation here.

That would still depend on whether or not he can touch him, and since accelerator is both not being aggressive, and considering they are both starting 40 meters away from each other according to the tourney rules, he still wouldn’t go for that immediately. He’d more likely go for ranged attacks, like using his vectors to manipulate the air, which axlven can evade. There’s also the fact that his vectors/reflection isn’t always perfect, so if he’s too careless, it might not work, which also brings this mistake he can make into the equation here.
I think you misinterpreted this.

His reflection was having a hard time there because toaru's magic has been established to have "weird vectors" and follow strange laws.
It normally doesn't fail unless Accelerator is reflecting magic in Toaru, which weird laws include manipulating causality as a basis to use it.
What had that water spear been?

The grasp of its vectors had been completely different from the scientific powers developed in Academy City.

Different vectors.

Different laws.

“So my own creations turn on me in the very end.”

She made it sound like this would not have happened if she had not made them, but you must not forget. Magic is a technique of distorting the world’s causality for your own purposes. It does not only produce the obvious phenomena right in front of you. It is a dangerous technique that will follow an unexpected path to later cause an unexpected change without the magic user even knowing about it.
And for the second part, that's only when an Esper DIRECTLY uses MAGIC, it doesn't happen when an Esper just interacts with it.
If Accelerator were to cast a spell, that drawback would activate, however If he were just to reflect it, that wouldn't happen.
Espers are literally designed to not be able to use magic by nature, with only Accel being the only one able to do it because he can circumvent the drawbacks using his ability.
“As I’m sure you have already guessed, magic is unrelated to your scientific laws. It is what is known as the occult. Those who use it are able to shoot fire from their hands, shoot water out, heal wounds, or make wounds rot.”

Hamazura felt that it would have spread even more than scientific esper powers if it was truly something that convenient.

As if in response to Hamazura’s doubts, Birdway glanced over at Index.

Index spoke from a position a bit away from the kotatsu.

“But magic is not that convenient. If you exclude certain exceptions, magic essentially exists to allow those without talent to catch up to those with talent.”

“Simply put, the incompetent use it to supplement what they cannot do properly on their own,” Birdway finished.

Birdway said, “Weren’t you listening? Magic is a technique created to allow those without talent to catch up to those with talent. It’s an issue of the format. It was not created for people who have talent in the first place. If you force yourself to use it, it would put a massive burden on your blood vessels and nerves.”

Kamijou Touma cut in there.

“By the way, even if you’re a Level 0, you still had the inside of your head messed with by Academy City’s tech. Due to that, I can’t use magic either. …The same most likely goes for those in Skill-Out.”

Last edited:
That would still depend on whether or not he can touch him, and since accelerator is both not being aggressive, and considering they are both starting 40 meters away from each other according to the tourney rules, he still wouldn’t go for that immediately. He’d more likely go for ranged attacks, like using his vectors to manipulate the air, which axlven can evade.
Alternatively, Accel can throw an object to knock him out, Accel also has the capabilities of amping his speed.

Alternatively, Accel can throw an object to knock him out, Accel also has the capabilities of amping his speed.
Funnily enough, Axlven can do the same with bullet punches, quick attack, etc, so that’d just put them on equal footing. The distance can give axlven time to dodge too, since speed is equalised, and axlven has more than enough durability to tank any projectiles (Large mountain >> mountain)

Funnily enough, Axlven can do the same with bullet punches, quick attack, etc, so that’d just put them on equal footing. The distance can give axlven time to dodge too, since speed is equalised, and axlven has more than enough durability to tank any projectiles (Large mountain >> mountain)
Unfortunately for him, bullet punch, quick attack, etc would just get reflected, and the reflected force would use the opponents own AP/Dura
And if he tries it Accelerator can modify his reflection to "break apart" on contact and shred blood vessels

Unfortunately for him, bullet punch, quick attack, etc would just get reflected, and the reflected force would use the opponents own AP/Dura
And if he tries it Accelerator can modify his reflection to "break apart" on contact and shred blood vessels
I know, I was just mentioning that for the sake of it. We aren’t playing by traditional Pokémon rules, so it’s not like accelerator just needs to prep a reflection and that’s it. I was mentioning it because axlven CAN upgrade his own speed too based on their descriptions. I was using those as examples. Since, again, this isn’t Pokémon rules, axlven doesn’t need to attack with em

Also since we're talking about Accel's air manip.
One of the things he can do is create air chains to restrict his opponents movements.
I believe Accel can capture axlven with this due to the range he has with air manip surpassing 40m
As he was able to gather all the air in academy city into a single point

Last edited:
Covet is categorized as a physical move, meaning it would need to make contact.
It's affected by things like baneful bunker and spiky shield, which apply their effects when a Mon makes physical contact with them.
Also again, protect and detect.
Can't Axlven still get through at the battery when he would use 'Copycat' beforehand to gain the power of vectors Accel may attack him with? (at least in the sense of stopping the reflection when he would use Covet, of course, this depends on whenever Axlven can merge the two attacks, given we are not in a Pokemon turn-based game)
Accelerator doesn't go for a kill immediately, that's why froggy said that. Otherwise, those guys that jumped him after he lost to touma would have exploded. Axlven would be fine in this case
If he was actually in a combat situation, I think he'd likely go for those moves instead.
It's true Accel started numerous fights by simply standing and doing nothing with smiling, waiting for his opponent to get self-destroyed by the aura, he did so even in vs Scavenger fight before he went at the rapid offense (I love the one-sided fight lol). Yet as well, he took his opponents as powerless in these cases (Accel even gets upset mid-fight that the fight is not fun, that it's boring), they were far from 7-A/High 7-A tiers. So the way Accel starts here is really discussable.

Also agree that the air chains and bioelectricity seem dangerous to Alxven, I see no reason in Accel don't testing them soon, they arent taken as his 'final or blood lusted' attacks

Can't Axlven still get through at the battery when he would use 'Copycat' beforehand to gain the power of vectors Accel may attack him with? (at least in the sense of stopping the reflection when he would use Covet, of course, this depends on whenever Axlven can merge the two attacks, given we are not in a Pokemon turn-based game)

It's true Accel started numerous fights by simply standing and doing nothing with smiling, waiting for his opponent to get self-destroyed by the aura, he did so even in vs Scavenger fight before he went at the rapid offense (I love the one-sided fight lol). Yet as well, he took his opponents as powerless in these cases (Accel even gets upset mid-fight that the fight is not fun, that it's boring), they were far from 7-A/High 7-A tiers. So the way Accel starts here is really discussable.

Also agree that the air chains and bioelectricity seem dangerous to Alxven, I see no reason in Accel don't testing them soon, they arent taken as his 'final or blood lusted' attacks
I doubt he sees Axlven as much of a threat for more than its large size. I can see him sandbagging before Copycat is used. But if he pulls out those, it may be a problem for Axlven.

The thing is, most of the things that he would copy is something Accelerator would just be able to reflect again, I don't see him being able to copy the entire ability of Accel, rather just using what Accel did last time.
For example, if Accelerator uses air manip on Axlven and survives, he'd just be using air manip against him back, which Accel would still reflect.
The only thing that he could bypass with his copy is maybe reversing blood flow, but Axlven would be dead by then and Copycat doesn't work when a mon has "fainted" or has the sleep status condition, but Accelerator also has the capabilities of controlling his blood and internals, so I'm not sure if it would even work.

The thing is, most of the things that he would copy is something Accelerator would just be able to reflect again, I don't see him being able to copy the entire ability of Accel, rather just using what Accel did last time.
For example, if Accelerator uses air manip on Axlven and survives, he'd just be using air manip against him back, which Accel would still reflect.
The only thing that he could bypass with his copy is maybe reversing blood flow, but Axlven would be dead by then and Copycat doesn't work when a mon has "fainted" or has the sleep status condition, but Accelerator also has the capabilities of controlling his blood and internals, so I'm not sure if it would even work.
Im pretty sure most of his abilities are a result of vector manipulation, like those people in the clip you showed earlier. They didn't say "He has a bunch of abilities" It was SPECIFICALLY Vector manipulation and nothing else. Air manip is also a product of vector manipulation too i believe in this case.

Im pretty sure most of his abilities are a result of vector manipulation, like those people in the clip you showed earlier. They didn't say "He has a bunch of abilities" It was SPECIFICALLY Vector manipulation and nothing else. Air manip is also a product of vector manipulation too i believe in this case.
Yes, it is, but the vector manip would be using the same techniques would it not?
If he just copied vector manipulation what would he do with it, temporarily use reflection?
Because that's what Accelerator is always constantly using.
And in the context of copycat, it probably would be the "last" move used in battle.

Yes, it is, but the vector manip would be using the same techniques would it not?
If he just copied vector manipulation what would he do with it, temporarily use reflection?
Because that's what Accelerator is always constantly using.
And in the context of copycat, it probably would be the "last" move used in battle.
It could make this an incon match couldn’t it?

It could make this an incon match couldn’t it?
Well, as far as I know Copycat can only use a move once.
So he'd probably be need to constantly use copycat and get hit to use the reflection.
And there's the fact that he needs to actually use it before Accel can use some of his incap options
There's also the fact that if he completely copies it, Accelerator's vector manip needs complex calculations to function (in fact all Esper powers do, Accel's is just the most complex one of them), they need to actually do the math for it, Accelerator's reflection only uses simple calculations (at least, by his standards), the more active use of his ability would need to actually know more about the math behind it.

I'd also like to note that Axlven is weak to electricity, so he'd take even more damage if he uses bio-electricity on him.

Last edited:
But wouldn't he just always be reflecting waiting for Axl's next move? Who would use Water moves most of the time.
Accel doesn't just rely on his reflect to win, the Accel here would actually make active attempts to subdue their opponent, the reflection is just there as a neat passive to **** up their opponents.

Since you mention that he would use Water moves most of the time, which obviously won't work on Accel, I think it's more likely for Accel to pull any of his wincons before he does.

Last edited:
I meant it more in context to land the covet thing in order to steal Accel's battery. If Axl copies the reflection from Accels body alone, he could then use the ability to reflect vectors back (once they are reflected by the passive defense), and he may get the covet spell through perhaps this way. Then again, Accel's pocket gun or crutch might get stolen instead, and Axl's Below Average IQ doesn't help in figuring this out really early. This strategy fails if Accel's defensive can reflect the same move (covet) for a 2st+ time.

I meant it more in context to land the covet thing in order to steal Accel's battery. If Axl copies the reflection from Accels body alone, he could then use the ability to reflect vectors back (once they are reflected by the passive defense), and he may get the covet spell through perhaps this way. Then again, Accel's pocket gun or crutch might get stolen instead, and Axl's Below Average IQ doesn't help in figuring this out really early.
What about battle iq?

I meant it more in context to land the covet thing in order to steal Accel's battery. If Axl copies the reflection from Accels body alone, he could then use the ability to reflect vectors back (once they are reflected by the passive defense), and he may get the covet spell through perhaps this way. Then again, Accel's pocket gun or crutch might get stolen instead, and Axl's Below Average IQ doesn't help in figuring this out really early. This strategy fails if Accel's defensive can reflect the same move (covet) for a 2st+ time.
No, I don't think Covet would bypass it that way, since it's literally trying physically grab a person's held item, it's a contact move, it needs to make physical contact.
And Accelerator would kinda just reflect the reflected vectors?

No, I don't think Covet would bypass it that way, since it's literally trying physically grab a person's held item, it's a contact move, it needs to make physical contact.
And Accelerator would kinda just reflect the reflected vectors?
If no progress towards Accel's body could be made by constantly repeating "anti-reflection", Im leaning toward Accel then

Back