• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

WWE: Upgrading It To Tier 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic fireball not scaling to physicals go brrrr
I support Chariot, we don't even need a statement of the fireball being compared to physicals, it's like comparing a gunshot to physicals because you withstand the recoil.
It's a magical attack with unknown properties and physics, as it is it has to be separated from physicals it's also a giant outlier but whatever

I wouldn't even scale Finn to Balor's death, the comic says that he slammed him in his own crater (which was still burning) but it might also be a case of the demon dying because of the loss of his crown or simply the way he dies if killed, like many supernatural entities in fiction that explode or vanish upon death.

I support Chariot, we don't even need a statement of the fireball being compared to physicals, it's like comparing a gunshot to physicals because you withstand the recoil.
It's a magical attack with unknown properties and physics, as it is it has to be separated from physicals it's also a giant outlier but whatever

I wouldn't even scale Finn to Balor's death, the comic says that he slammed him in his own crater (which was still burning) but it might also be a case of the demon dying because of the loss of his crown or simply the way he dies if killed, like many supernatural entities in fiction that explode or vanish upon death.
😃

Tier 8 WWE

You're cooking, but I'm not sure if this meal is to my taste.

Jokes aside, nothing seems out of place here. As long as the math holds up (which should be the case, given the positive evaluations by the calc group), I see no issue applying these changes. The only thing I'd be concerned about is the potential for these to be outliers if these characters are otherwise consistently depicted below such a level.

You're cooking, but I'm not sure if this meal is to my taste.

Jokes aside, nothing seems out of place here. As long as the math holds up (which should be the case, given the positive evaluations by the calc group), I see no issue applying these changes. The only thing I'd be concerned about is the potential for these to be outliers if these characters are otherwise consistently depicted below such a level.
hmph, looks good
Well, here are the opinions of the members that actually matter at the end of the day.

Thread mods and admins unfortunately have more privilege, when I honestly think CGMs opinion should matter just as much.
It is pretty unfair that CGMs don't seem to have as voting power as Thread Mods as they're the ones evaluating how the feats work and approving them. But either way, that's enough derailment from me.

Well, if their fireballs are no different from their regular physicals, I don't really see the problem unless the demon is being portrayed like he's some kind of glass cannon or similar stuff (MCU Scarlet Witch for an example) closer to that if that's the case then I would understand. And either then 'd say that the Demon is pretty much handling all that power for that one normal attack for much for what I would say

Well, if their fireballs are no different from their regular physicals, I don't really see the problem unless the demon is being portrayed like he's some kind of glass cannon or similar stuff (MCU Scarlet Witch for an example) closer to that if that's the case then I would understand. And either then 'd say that the Demon is pretty much handling all that power for that one normal attack for much for what I would say
From what I see, there's no further elaboration aside from those two pages, and there nothing suggests that the fireball is in any way comparable to his physicals, and here a positive needs to be proven, not the other way around. Our standard assumption for all magic and supernatural attacks is that they are separate from physical strength, requiring actual evidences to assume the two are comparable.
The demon very well be handling all his power, but nothing says it's physical power. Could be willpower, magic power, demon power, whatever power, we just don't know.

Unless we get some clear-cut evidences, the fireball can't scale to physical. And this ignoring how WWE wrestlers get consistently injured by things for which even 9-A is already a considerable stretch, let alone a huge gap like this.

From what I see, there's no further elaboration aside from those two pages, and there nothing suggests that the fireball is in any way comparable to his physicals, and here a positive needs to be proven, not the other way around. Our standard assumption for all magic and supernatural attacks is that they are separate from physical strength, requiring actual evidences to assume the two are comparable.
The demon very well be handling all his power, but nothing says it's physical power. Could be willpower, magic power, demon power, whatever power, we just don't know.

Unless we get some clear-cut evidences, the fireball can't scale to physical. And this ignoring how WWE wrestlers get consistently injured by things for which even 9-A is already a considerable stretch, let alone a huge gap like this.
Fair, although I was figuring if tier 8 was really an outlier for this verse even though it's just due to the pressure that the wrestlers are applying into those objects.

That can be said to an extent, because even simply falling from the top of the cage, or ladders and such (most of the times right onto the ring, not even on the outside) is portrayed as devastating.
Or the fact that 99.9% of the times wrestlers don't showcase anything near 9-A (or simply 9-B) is another factor.

Far from me to voice for a downgrade here, I'm just saying it to further stress how High 8-C is completely beyond the standards of the verse.

Tbf, WWE is a somewhat inconsistent verse, as a lot of verses on this wiki are. One day, wrestlers are tanking things that fall very high into 9-B/9-A and continue fighting, but then they're getting severely hurt by 9-C things the next day.

Hmm...

I might be able to form a response, though it might not be the most grammatically coherent.

To keep it short and sweet, the Demon Finn defeats is named Bálor, which is where Finn got his last name from (in kayfabe ofc).

When Finn defeats the Demon, the moment he puts the crown on his head, he basically gained all of the powers of the Demon he defeated, which is heavily implied in the comic (read the bottom right panel).

It quite literally states that Demons hold great power, and that power now belongs to Finn.

Not only does Finn gain a ton of supernatural abilities when becoming the Demon King, he's also far superior to his normal self from a physical standpoint, such as when he lost to Roman Reigns in his base form multiple times, to virtually no-selling Roman's moves (I'm too lazy to make timestamps/gifs) only losing due to...bad luck ig. Hell, even lifting Bobby Lashley was considered crazy by commentary, implying that base Finn couldn't do this.

Idk if this is solid enough evidence to prove that the Demon is tier 8 physically, but it's worth a try.

This the best I got bruh 😭 😭 😭

If I can't convince them with this, then I'll let staff decide if this is viable, or it's joever.

Not only does Finn gain a ton of supernatural abilities when becoming the Demon King, he's also far superior to his normal self from a physical standpoint, such as when he lost to Roman Reigns in his base form multiple times, to virtually no-selling Roman's moves (I'm too lazy to make timestamps/gifs) only losing due to...bad luck ig. Hell, even lifting Bobby Lashley was considered crazy by commentary, implying that base Finn couldn't do this.
Doesn't this imply that Finn is weaker than the demon normally too?
Creating a weird contradiction of him allegedly killing the demon in one blow to begin with if the demon's physicals amp him drastically?
let alone fireball stuff

for what it's worth id give you the 8-C feat if people accept it as him vaping it, fireball one is sussy tho still

Doesn't this imply that Finn is weaker than the demon normally too?
Creating a weird contradiction of him allegedly killing the demon in one blow to begin with if the demon's physicals amp him drastically?
let alone fireball stuff
No. It's just that the Demon gives him far greater power when he does transform into it.

I might've worded it a bit weirdly, but that's what I was trying to convey.

doesnt that mean he isn't even gaining the demon's actual attack stats, he's just getting buffed atop his own stats?

Even if he were to get the demon's full powerset, he'd still need to shoot the fireball himself to scale from that.

Actually, think Demon Finn states that his fire is the source of his power (Can see it on lad's profile), so the fireball would scale to Balor's physicals

That's clearly flowery language in a promo unrelated to the comic and meant to act big against Rollins, not actual expositions about his power, otherwise we'd have to scale him to all the apocalyptic stuff he attributes to Balor in that same speech and make him High 6-A.

Scaling physicals to magic attacks is something that needs to be proven, not assumed. If the guy inherits the demon's power he's probably that tier with fire manip, depending on specifics, but it doesn't mean it scales to his physicals still.

That's clearly flowery language in a promo unrelated to the comic and meant to act big against Rollins, not actual expositions about his power, otherwise we'd have to scale him to all the apocalyptic stuff he attributes to Balor in that same speech and make him High 6-A.
I mean, it's called "Finn Bálor reveals the history of The Demon King" and Balor looks almost identical to how he looks in the comic
CgLPcPW.png

Think we can attribute the High 6-A stuff to being myth and legends about Balor, afterall, that's all that Finn calls them, plus lad did use his eye without nuking the world

I'm with Saman and Armor, I don't think we have a solid basis for the fireball scaling to physicals.

I mean, it's called "Finn Bálor reveals the history of The Demon King" and Balor looks almost identical to how he looks in the comic
CgLPcPW.png

Think we can attribute the High 6-A stuff to being myth and legends about Balor, afterall, that's all that Finn calls them, plus lad did use his eye without nuking the world
Ngl it still sound like a flowery language even if we put down the high 6-A stuff down atm

I mean that the promo isn't meant to complement the comic.
And ff we disregard Finn's talk about Balor's feat as stuff of myth and legends, then we have to consider as such even him having the fire of Balor as his power, the two things can't be taken separately just because it suits the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back