• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Would you like if supernatural stuff were real in our world?

If I discovered that magic is real and used by some hidden organizations, I would honestly die from paranoia lol. Discovering just a single supernatural element in our world would probably collapse human society if we think realistically.

eh, probably not

we as humans, intrigued by supernatural phenomena because they're "unknown" to us, much like why we stuck on earth and can't float, because of gravity

we as humans are generally very curious as hell, if we realize a supernatural phenomenon exist, it will be the next hype, just to died down several years later

Depends on what you mean by "supernatural."

Bigfoot exists? Alright we found a really reclusive new species of Great Ape we somehow missed. See if we can get David Attenborough to voice the documentary, assuming we get more footage. World moves on.

Alien abductions have really happened? Nothing in science changes but HOLY **** ALIENS CONFIRMED, FERMI PARADOX SOLVED, the Internet breaks for a bit, Wikipedia's servers are stressed, but society is still functioning. Astronomy becomes a much more popular hobby though.

Angels / Sleep Demons / Magic / Ghosts / etc? Society in shambles, science is wrong, standard model thrown out the window, they faked the Moon Landing, Amaterasu can't melt steel beams, Dungeons and Dragons is mind controlling children, Mark Zuckerberg is a lizard confirmed, humid sacks of rice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria, etc.

My mind would rest easy at stuff like the first example, but anything more is a No.

Depends on what you mean by "supernatural."

Bigfoot exists? Alright we found a really reclusive new species of Great Ape we somehow missed. See if we can get David Attenborough to voice the documentary, assuming we get more footage. World moves on.

Alien abductions have really happened? Nothing in science changes but HOLY **** ALIENS CONFIRMED, FERMI PARADOX SOLVED, the Internet breaks for a bit, Wikipedia's servers are stressed, but society is still functioning. Astronomy becomes a much more popular hobby though.

Angels / Sleep Demons / Magic / Ghosts / etc? Society in shambles, science is wrong, standard model thrown out the window, they faked the Moon Landing, Amaterasu can't melt steel beams, Dungeons and Dragons is mind controlling children, Mark Zuckerberg is a lizard confirmed, humid sacks of rice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria, etc.

My mind would rest easy at stuff like the first example, but anything more is a No.
I think it would be exactly like you said lol

If I discovered that magic is real and used by some hidden organizations, I would honestly die from paranoia lol. Discovering just a single supernatural element in our world would probably collapse human society if we think realistically.
Collapse is a strong word but the world would indeed be changed forever. Depending on what is discovered it may result in any sorts of changes but I doubt it would be overwhelmingly more impactful than the Renascence or the fall of of Rome, along with other "era changing" moments.

Would it be a good thing if genuine magic became common knowledge? Almost certainly not... but I doubt it would be a bad thing either.

Back