• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Would personal endings in Street Fighter count as feats?

ScarletFirefly

VS Battles
Retired
I'm thinking about creating a page for Makoto from Street Fighter (and possibly Ibuki) and was wondering if I can use her ending in Street Fighter 3rd Strike as a base for her stats.

In her ending, Makoto is seen defeating a pile of opponent's in order to bring fame to the Rindoukan Dojo. Among the pile is T.Hawk, Cammy and Ryu.

If it can be considered a feat, it should warrant a Low 7-C rating, same as Cammy and Base Ryu.

I would think so? If I have this right then it's just a different route the character goes down which is within the realms of what is possible.

If we count Street fighters endings (Oni profiles mentions that he has tanked a volcanic eruption) as feats then there will be possible upgrades for some characters, the examples are: Ryu, E.Ryu, M.Bison, Akuma, Shin Akuma and Oni endings, also there is Gill who can casually do this.
Gill

well some endings shouldn't be canon if it contradicts with the main canon while i believe some endings are referenced in other games or are not contradicted so it really depends on WHO's ending is canon

Also, in some non canon endings possibly Alpha 3 Bison and Shin Akuma displayed Massively Hypersonic+ speeds.

depends if it doesn't contradict on the true ending it shouldn't be a problem

Agreed. As long as it does not contradict anything official, it should probably scale.

SFV takes place before SF3 soooo theres that i just hope if there is a 6 then i would tell us what is canon

I think if the characters is performing a feat that can get calculated it should be fine. Unless, the thread is referring to like "Oh this character beat this character in this ending so he should get scaling". Then that wouldn't work for me.

it really depends if the beating is legit like alex beating Gill won't make sense

Removed one of my replies. I am a tad tired and is not reading this correctly. I apologize.

well some endings didn't contradict and link with each other some don't make sense idr which ones though

Here's the thing: Many SF endings are canonical indeed. Often the endings have no relation with the primary plot of the game and the defeat of the villain, so they can be used.

For instance, Sakura's ending in SSFIV is about her continuing on her journeys and trainings and traveling the world with Dan and Blanka, and meeting Ryu again many years later.

Feats from those can be used if they don't contradict anything. Gil is already a God Tier alongside Oni anyway.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Here's the thing: Many SF endings are canonical indeed. Often the endings have no relation with the primary plot of the game and the defeat of the villain, so they can be used.
Feats from those can be used if they don't contradict anything. Gil is already a God Tier alongside Oni anyway.
Yes, i don't understand why Massively Hypersonic+ Akuma from his SSFIV ending is not accepted, it's just Akuma training and it very likely occurred.

Someone downplayed the Verse back in the day, but I personally find it acceptable. It would only scale to Top / God Tiers too.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I personally find it acceptable. It would only scale to Top / God Tiers too.
Which they are: Akuma (Shin and Oni), Ryu (Evil and Power of Nothingness), Gouken, Alpha 3/SFV M. Bison, Oro (Normal and Serious), Torrent of Power Necalli, Full Power Cody and Gill.

idk how i feel about full power cody being scaled but eh he needs to have more appreneces tbh

BrainSWord74 said:
Well, if people use KoF's feats from the non-canonical endings, then I don't see why we can't use them in SF's case.
If their are noncanon endings being used to upgrade KoF, why don't you make a content revision thread and point this out? Once we know what is canon and noncanon, we just seperate them, simple as that. I would help but sadly never got into KoF fighters so I don't know squat.

Back