• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Human Karate vs Fishman Karate: Ryu VS Jinbe (Street Fighter VS One Piece) (0-3-0)

oZHY5r2.png
maxresdefault.jpg
The straw hats would make a quick stop at an island to look around and get supplies as jinbe ventured around the island, he would run into and see a human martial artist who would seem recognize him. this martial artist was non other than the Ryu. Ryu, wanting to hone and test his skills as best as possible had been roaming the world looking for worthy opponents to face, and after he noticed the fishman as he walked by, he knew he had found a worthy match, he would challenge the Knight Of The Sea.

Greetings Jinbe, I wanted to test myself against the art of Fish-man Karate. Would you humor me with a friendly match?
I am honored to accept your request, but first, might i know your own name? It's an honor to meet you regardless.
I am Ryu from Japan.

Hello Ryu. I would be happy to accept your challenge then. I would like to be honest with you, I will not hold back for you in my fight.
I would not expect one to take it easy on me just because this is a sparing match.
Then we shall begin!
Both Warriors go into a fighting stance, completely focused on the battle about to commence
Power Of Nothingness Ryu and Onigashima Jinbe is used
Speed Is Equal
Ryu:Jinbe: Da3ggman, SamanPatou, DaReaperMan

Last edited:
The fact that Jinbe is still only 7-A is a crime 💀. Anyway, I'm voting Jinbe via higher Lifting Strength and due to his martial arts being more varied and having limited dura neg.

Interesting, would be fun to see this animated in an actual way.

AP seems to be kinda similar, I can't tell Jinbe's exact value for High 7-A, but he has a 2.43 gigatons feat on the verse page, but it isn't mentioned in his file.
If we go by it, he then has about a 2x advantage over Ryu. Haki and rage power only increase the gap
Jinbe definitely outclasses badly in LS and Stamina, the latter both as pain tolerance and endurance.

Regarding skill and experience, afaik we don't gave too many information about Jinbe's past and the people he fought (or at least not as much as Ryu), but the fact he kept on with Luffy and Ace, couple with his long-time experience as a pirate, his world-class fame, everything he's been through on-screen and him having become a master of fishman karate at 15 makes him at the very, very least on par with Ryu.

And I must note how the level of fighting in One Piece is simply on another level than Street Fighter. The moves and powers they pull off, the movements and acrobatics, the level of destruction, every crazy condition, development and unorthodox skills and styles the characters go through is just way too different. Jinbe's definitely used to much crazier stuff than Ryu's aside from speed and AP.

Ryu has normally better ranged options, at least in absence of bodies of water around, but Jinbe has everything he needs to defend counter or avoid them, overall making him not at any sort of disadvantage.
Even if he were to be hit, haki and higher dura already reduce the damage and he is used to much hotter attacks.

Ryu's skill, comparable AP and utility abilities would surely prove a match for Jinbe, but they aren't enough to grant him victory. I vote Jinbe.

Jinbe FRA

Another thing I'd note that tips it towards Jinbe's favor is that he's not human, so literally none of the normal weak points present on humans outside of his head are available to Ryu.

And before someone brings up Blanka... that is a human.

He always seemed to be human enough to suffer from the same conditions normal humans do, like strikes to the organs and such.
I'd argue more about his shape; his body is so deformed and not very human-like that it would force Ryu to adapt more than he normally would have to do.

He always seemed to be human enough to suffer from the same conditions normal humans do, like strikes to the organs and such.
I'd argue more about his shape; his body is so deformed and not very human-like that it would force Ryu to adapt more than he normally would have to do.
Ah yeah that makes more sense

Also I realized Oro is High 6-C and now I have a bad idea

AP seems to be kinda similar, I can't tell Jinbe's exact value for High 7-A, but he has a 2.43 gigatons feat on the verse page, but it isn't mentioned in his file.
Base Jinbe = Rokushiki WW > Base WW > Base Page One > Zou Brook > Punk Hazard Brook > G2 Punk Hazard Luffy > G2 Return to Sabaody Luffy, who oneshotted a Pacifista, who could withstand G2 Luffy + DJ Sanji + 3-Sword Zoro, with Luffy's G2 being > Hybrid Enies Lobby Lucci = 108.57 Megatons.

Also, Buso Jinbe = Hybrid Rokushiki WW > Hybrid WW > Page 1 > G2 Post-Udon Luffy > WCI G2 Luffy = 3-Armed Biscuit Soldier Cracker > Black Knight > Dressrossa Law, who could damage Doflamingo, who could oneshot Smoker > base Vergo > Punk Hazard Sanji > G2 Fishman Island Luffy > G2 Return to Sabaody Luffy, see above.

Angry Jinbe onetapped WW without Buso.

Back