• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Worst Superhero Costumes and Redesigns

Examples:

IMG 1071
Biker Stripper Wonder Woma

IMG 1072
Mecha-Batma

IMG 1073
Pantsless Hawkeye

IMG 1075
Giant M Magneto

IMG 1076
Millennial Hipster Superma

IMG 1077
Sex-Pot, Boob Windowed Invisible Woma

Pardon my french but I cannot ******* stand that hipster Superman look. Theirs just something about Superman in short sleeves that infuriates me. Speaking of Superman...

Steelandsuperman
The Mullet of Steel...just no. Speaking of Steel

Steel05-1339989306
Steel in the live action movie. Legit had no idea that this movie was even based off the Superhero until a few hours ago. Just awful.

Billy Batson Prime Earth 002
It's not...terrible? I guess? It just doesn't feel like Billy at all.

Now on the topic of good redesigns, pretty much every redesign of Static has gotten better since his inception.

Static-shock-2
No offense, but his original costume was just not good imo.

Tumblr inline mxnwdgrmZL1qgcis6
Then we got the iconic DCAU look. Simple, but effective.

Static Shock Vol 1 6 Textless (1)
Then theirs the N52 look. A bit much for my taste, but still pretty good. I also really like this deisg, but I'm not sure if it's from Post-Crisis or N52.

Js250476 said:
Pretty much anyone from Batman and Robin
7mhLJTD
Yeah, golden Batman was super lame.

I know you meant the movie but my mind immediately jumped to All Star Batman and Robi

Assaltwaffle said:
What even is that. Surely there is context.
Batman made Robin and his "fast little hands" paint the entire Batmansion yellow so Green Lantern couldn't do anything against Batman for kidnapping Dick Grayson, Age 12, and turning him into a child soldier.

Assaltwaffle said:
What even is that. Surely there is context.
Batman painted himself, the room, and robin yellow to nullify GLs ring And soon after had Robin kick his ass like he owed him money

Speaking of Mullet of Steel:

IMG 1080
"Always be prepared!"

"Get it? Cause I'm always called a boy-scout...? **** you, that's gold."

Also, you can tell the mullet was an afterthought. Because in the previous shot of Superman after his resurrection and on the cover, he has normal hair.

IMG 1081

Don't have a picture, but wonder woman right before Rebirth was fairly horrid. Shoulder pads and claw spikes. No thank you.

God I hated that. Damn near has a turtle neck too. Even Superman rocking Jeans and a T-Shirt during that time was better.

ASM2 Spidey looks like a Halloween or Cosplay

IMG 1086
Also, regarding Lemonade Batman. You do realise that it would take YEARS to paint every inch of this building. And they did it yesterday after the press conference.

Byakushiki Setsura said:
Because you totally dress like a depressed hobo when you lose a weapon that makes your identity... which is still one of the biggest BS Marvel pulled
Like when they made Steven Rogers a Hydra Agent so they could replace him with a black guy?

Or making Spiderman Tony Stark and turn the Baxter Building into his company's headquarters?

TeenAngel101 said:
Also, regarding Lemonade Batman. You do realise that it would take YEARS to paint every inch of this building. And they did it yesterday after the press conference.
It was Robin and his f a s t h a n d s.

Also, not a superhero redesign but Elsa's design in Once Upon a Time also looks more like cosplay than an actual design and it's distracting. I think the problem there is moreso they tried to be to faithful to the original so ehh.

Lol thats just early superman with a t shirt and jeans before his suit...

Sperheavy looks cool for gordon tho

Feel free to call me crazy, but I actually think Superman looks cooler with a mullet. I don't know, long hair on males is often a sign that they're badass IMO. Reason I let my hair grow out IRL, plus much of my favorite characters look like that; Magus, Raize, Dunba Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho), Super Saiyan 3's, Jiraiya, Gandalf, Aragor, and a whole bunch of Fire Emblem characters.

But yeah, DC has made to many bad costumes in Live Action adaptations; like everyone from Batman & Robin (1997), Steel (Shaq version), various Suicide Squad characters, ect.

Back