• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC vs Marvel: Originality War

So they're ******** on Marvel for making the team before them though, they stole the characters.

If you stole someone's money and bought a company, should the company be yours?

EDIT: I'll debate this idea if anyone disagrees with it.

This is like that part of the game where they're not sure if the player did hit the goal or not, so they have to play it again in slow motion and discuss the technicalities to see if it counts or not.

Y does this thread feel more and more like a Titan just wants to take a dump on Marvel instead of actually discussing who came first thread?'''

Case and point the F4 as a team came first even if one of the terrifics came earlier, that becomes an automatic x4 ripoff count to Marvel?

Further example Ant-man and the Atom automatic x1.5?

Well either way I gotta agree with David. This thread is basically just ******** on Marvel at this point and I don't think we allow threads like that iirc.

Davidsteel1 said:
Y does this thread feel more and more like a Titan just wants to take a dump on Marvel instead of actually discussing who came first thread?'''
Case and point the F4 as a team came first even if one of the terrifics came earlier, that becomes an automatic x4 ripoff count to Marvel?

Further example Ant-man and the Atom automatic x1.5?
I did go overboard on the Terrifics.

Hank Pym was after him too, but Hank Pym is ACTUALLY good.

Commander Steel (Steel #1, March, 1978) vs Captain America (Captain America Comics #1, March, 1941)

Henry Heywood was a service member in the United States Marine Corps during World War II. Heywood suffered severe injuries when he was betrayed and had to undergo surgery. The surgery didn't only fix his injuries though, it gave him super strength and speed along with other superhuman abilities. He donned a suit and mask to fight in the war under an alias of Commander Steel.

In my defense, this was a pretty controversial thread before anything even happened. I also should revise what I consider a "rip-off" or just stop calling it that :/

Maybe I'm a Marvel shrill, but its super-opinionated whether a ripoff is "better" or worse.

Moon Knight is barely anything like Batman nowadays, maybe in his debut, but now he's more like a Batman villain trying to be a hero.

Also, Plastic Man isn't technically a DC character. He was owned by a different company that DC bought and let collect dust for years. So Marvel isn't directly ripping off DC. That's the same as saying Batman ripped off Dick Tracy since he is owned by Disney and (by proxy Marvel.)

Oh, I see. However, for most characters that DC pick up, they do something with them, make them better, and end up getting them way more credit than they would have under their previous company.

Marvel is still making Dick Tracy comics. They're the only reason he exists as a character now. Every superhero ever ripped off the idea of a "rogue's gallery" from him, so if you're including Plas might as well add +100 for every comic DC's ever released.

Also, if they stole the IDEA but change it up a bit, that's still a rip-off. I can give more dumb analogies, but this is considered a rip-off that they "creatively changed." (Changed to not get hate)

Just going to burn through some:

• Sideways and Spider-Man
  • Brimstone and Ghost rider
  • Black spider and Spider-man
  • Darkhawk and Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes more specifically) though the appearance and power set of the Beetle is somewhat confusing I'm pretty sure the most recent incarnation of a kid empowered by alien tech in the form of suit comes much after Darkhawk

Guardian is a funny case, seeing as he was created by the same exact person who created Captain America to begin with.

I also already mentioned Swamp Thing VS Man-Thing a few comments up.

Yeah, a lot of the writers at that time were bouncing between the two companies. That's why there's a lot of overlap and mostly around the same time period.

Back