• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Worm: The Gold Miscellaneous

Tbf miss milita does make a bomb that's probably tier 7 during the Scion fight, though it's noy like tjis rocket was explicitly described as house sized like Eidolon's gravity stuff.

I'm not really seeing how weld being tripped up by mannequin really precludes high durability anyways though. Mannequin couldn't hurt him at all, it was just crawler. When he gets mauled by the irregulars it should be remembered that the case 53s don't just not have powers themselves, it's not exactly hard to think some of the hundreds or whatever it is has some sort of way around his durability. It's also not some overwhelming number of low ends or whatever. Crawler is indeterminate because hes already known to be very strong and treated as something to not be fought directly, and tanking leviathan just doesn't have details to it.

I think you're the farthest unto ward, does weld really do anything there

It was sort of just a regular rocket launcher, and didn't blow off a particularly large part of her body.

Nuking the area would be kind on stupid given the people still trapped in Noelle and all the capes around her who can't survive Tier 8/7 explosions.

So I've assume you've fully dropped your case for his strength being at that level, as Tier 8 AP would sure come in handy breaking Mannaquin's chains and generally smashing his body apart when they clash.

They physically tore into him. I'm fairly sure if one of them had an exotic ability that bypassed his durability they would have just killed him on the spot.

Wokistan said:
It's also not some overwhelming number of low ends or whatever. Crawler is indeterminate because hes already known to be very strong and treated as something to not be fought directly, and tanking leviathan just doesn't have details to it.
I've already said that for Crawler it's somewhat reasonable if not a bit out there.

The thing is - he doesn't need High 8-C durability to get dented/bent/smooshed by an attack above his weight class then reshape himself.

So your main justifications consist of stuff his powers cover without outstanding durability and chip damage. I hope you can see why I'm apprehensive on even giving him a "maybe".

Wokistan said:
I think you're the farthest unto ward, does weld really do anything there
They're way into the background up to 4.7, he only actually makes an appearance once thus far

Besides upgrading Crawler (still disputed) and the Khepri change (I'll get there), it should be fine to apply this stuff.

As for Khepri, I'll paraphrase from elsewhere.

It seems impossible for her to not be controlling brains to some extent, given that all the powers manifest from a part in the brain that's the connection to a shard, and that she uses Thinker and Tinker powers. There's also the matter that it's more a removal of restrictions on her original power, which let her perceive through her bugs (meaning she's affecting their brains since that's how perception works). There's also the matter of the role of her shard.

Tinker powers work with the Shard supplying the user with knowledge of alien technologies and an innate aptitude to this tech. It also messes with their minds to force tinkers into a specialty, like how Leet's inventions are sabatoged by his passanger if they're too similar or how Kid Win's shard is probably why he has ADHD. Tinker powers are pretty inextricably linked to the brain, and she forced all the tinkers to work together which would violate a few of their specialties. It seems kinda impossible for this to not be affecting the brain.

There's also how she uses a multitude of thinker powers, but the one that most readily jumps to mind is that of The Number Ma. His power is vastly superhuman perception and thinking. He perceives and preforms very complex math without a second thought, letting him "see the numbers behind everything" which Taylor uses to coordinate strikes. Perception and thinking are also both very connected to the brain, and she's pretty clearly got control over his usage of those.

It is also important to consider the purpose of the Queen Administrator shard here, and how that shard affects minds just fine. It destroys Taylor's when unchained, for one, and even takes her over enough to speak through Taylor according to Contessa. Speech is, again, very much centralized in the brain. The fact that Taylor lost her ability to comprehend such things as body language, speech, written language, and eventually being able to see things as anything but conflict is also clear examples of QA playing havoc with minds, though tbf it is on the user. Taylor's not the only example of this though. The Administrator shards in general have the purpose of coordinating and manipulating the actions taken by other lifeforms. Her dad's hypothetical powers follow this, Aidan's power follows this, and most importantly, the Admin shard's true purpose to Entities fits this. It's supposed to coordinate the absurdly massive number of shards that make up entities into one cohesive unit and arrange their configurations, which fits right in with her control over massive numbers of bugs and eventually people. Glaistig Uaine, who can see shards and who for whatever reason knows how the Cycle works, refers to her shard as extremely important and integral to the entities, further supporting it acting as this brain of the entity, almost. There's also how Scion released a few admin shards when dying, which also puts it as one of the integral shards that it's necessary to retain a few enough of for the entity's avatar to function. Now, let's remember that the shards have their own distinct personalities and all that, but yet can be subsumed by a shard that has a green name on it. Seems fairly mind manipish.

I think the best explanation for this is in how Khepri's power explicitly grants a far less fine degree of control when compared to before Amy ****** with Taylor's head, and this is why she can't get full control and stabilize people's emotions. She's not like Cherish, Heartbreaker, Goddess, Canary, etc and emotions do seem off limits to her given that Moord Nag got so stressed out that she had a stroke (where Taylor otherwise could just make her not do that), but she can pretty clearly mess with heads in some ways. I see it as you maintaining your consciousness but essentially being a prisoner of your own mind and body, as she ultimately has control over them but it's too crude a control to extend to things like emotions and all.

So, just going to make sure with Dargoo if everything beyond what's being disputed is fine, then I'll go through and edit everything

Went ahead with the agreed on changes

I'm still siding with Dargoo on the weld matter, just for reference

The Endbringers should all be given Self-Sustenance, right?

Shouldn't Mannequin and Rachel's dogs get subsonic speed (at the very least for travel and possible reactions) based on 13.3?

I'd consoled myself with the fact that we had a pair of massive, muscular steeds that could outpace any car you'd see on the street, and Mannequin was limited to his two legs. The thing was, somewhere around the point where he stopped trying to evade my tripwires and my bugs and picked up speed, when he really started moving, I realized he was actually faster than the dogs. -Snare 13.3

Kid Win's Tinkertech lasers should be slower than light (even if it not explicitly said), but both Trickster and Kid Win are portrayed to have seemingly superhuman reaction speeds. So is this something many characters have?

Weld dropped from the wall for the second time in a matter of minutes as the restraints intended for the woman's corpse tore free of the concrete. Vista reshaped the wall to ease his descent. Kid Win raised his laser rifle to fire at Trickster.

Dumb. He regretted it the second his finger left the trigger.

As he predicted, he found himself somewhere else in the blink of an eye, and the impact of his own gunfire slammed into his back, intensely hot. He threw himself to the ground at the base of the building, where water pooled, rolling so his back was submerged.

-Sentinel 9.6

40 MPH like you'd usually see on the road isn't Subsonic. Subsonic would start at 76.72691, which is something you don't even usually see on freeways.

Just being a blast doesn't really give a speed rating by itself, you need a statement of it being something like electricity or light to work with a default like that, or a feat of it travelling at a specific speed

76mph seems rather low for subsonic, you sure about that one?

I know a dude who's driven 90 in a 45 on the wrong side of the road. Shit was terrifying

34.3 meters per second, mach .1, the start of Subsonic, is 76 MPH

still way higher than what was described

well you can pretty regularly see 70mph on a freeway (65 speed limit, people often go 5-10 over), so idk. Probably safer to say "at least superhuman".

The statement refers to the street, not the freeway, so ugh

Some misc stuff:

Flecheete is missing Chain Duplication , through her backpack that uses a fusion battery to replicate chains she can attach to her bolts. (Sentinel 9.2 )

Armsmaster has psychic and empathic shielding, so he should have resistance to Empathic Manipulation added.

Glory Girl says that she can push 80 mph flying, which upgrades her flight speed to low-end Subsonic. She should also have Class 5 lifting strength due to being able to lift cement mixers, dumpsters, and SUVs. There is also an interesting feat:

There were very few things, in Victoria Dallon's estimation, that were cooler than flying. The invisible forcefield that extended a few millimeters over her skin and clothes just made it better. The field kept the worst of the chill from touching her, but still let her feel the wind on her skin and in her hair. Bugs didn't splat against her face like they did against car windshields, even when she was pushing eighty miles an hour.

She threw him. Since she could bench press a cement mixer, though it was hard to balance something so large and unwieldy, even a casual toss on her part could get some good distance. He flew a good twenty five or thirty yards down the back road before hitting the asphalt, and rolled for another ten.

"Screw you too," she hissed through her teeth. Then she kicked the dumpster below her hard enough to send it flying down the little road. It rotated lazily through the air as it arced towards the retreating figure, the trajectory and rotation barely changing as it knocked him flat. It skidded to a halt three to five yards beyond him, the metal sides of the dumpster squealing and sparking as it scraped against the asphalt.

"I'm strong enough to lift a SUV over my head," Victoria muttered, "It's hard to hold back all the time."

-Interlude 2

The guy was 25-30 yard away, and the dumpster settled 3-5 yard beyond him, so she sent the dumpster flying a total of 28-35 yards (25.6-32 meters). Did a quick calc, and it is wall level. Though Wildbow confirmed this is one of the scene that will change when he publishes the rewrite, because the guy should be dead, lol.

Escalation Queen Taylor claims that Victoria can swing a schoolbus like a baseball bat, which would push her lifting strength further to class 25. Depending on whether we consider the statement a hyperbole. (Agitation 3.11)

Ballistic was able to take several hits from Glory Girl (that bulky armor is not for show!), so possible durability upgrade. ([Sentinel 9.4])

Important weaknesses not mention are that her forcefield will take considerable longer to recharge if it breaks down through a sustained weak attack, and that her forcefield breaks down as if she took a strong hit every time she delivers a strong hit, this includes kicking the dumpster feat. ([Reddit comment from Wildbow]) Also. Glory Girl's forcefield takes one to two seconds to recharge, not exactly one second. Also, her powers should link to Aura (the word is already mentioned), and maybe get Paralysis Inducement added based on this feat:

"Nobody ***** with my family!" she shouted, and her power cranked out full-bore. My knees turned to jelly and my brain just gave up on rational thought. Glory Girl threw Tattletale at me like a very strong child might throw a rag doll, and I just stood there like a deer in the headlights. -Agitation 3.12

The Class 25 was a statement from an off guard, extremely spooked Taylor and has no real backing, so ugh

Bump

Something we brought up on Discord, the Entities should have Higher-Dimensional Existence

Some distant part of me realized I'd seen something similar to that folding and unfolding once, in a much simpler form. A tesseract, a fourth dimensional analogue to the cube. The difference was that while the cube had six flat faces, each 'side' of the tesseract had six cubes, each connected to the others another at each corner. To perceptions attuned to three dimensions, it seemed to constantly shift, each side folding or reshaping so that they could all simultaneously be perfect cubes, and each 'side' was simultaneously the center cube from which all the others extended outward.

Also Bonesaw should have Type 2

The surge of horror and disgust gave Aisha the strength to cast aside her doubts.
"Sorry kid," she said.

She plunged the knife into Bonesaw's bare throat.

Bonesaw screamed, shrill and loud, which caught Aisha off guard. With a knife in her throat, the girl was screaming?

Reacting more on instinct than wit, Aisha pulled the knife out and then slashed it horizontally across Bonesaw's throat.

She'd expected a spray of blood or gurgling. Neither happened. Bonesaw screamed again.

So she pulled the knife free and stabbed Bonesaw in one eye. The blade scraped against the bone of Bonesaw's eye socket.

Flame erupted and pieces of glass came to life around Aisha. She backed away quickly as a wall of flame rolled over Jonathan on the table and divided her from Bonesaw. There was a rumble and the sound of falling furniture as Crawler stood.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow!" Bonesaw shrieked. "It hurts!"

Why isn't she dead?
Defiant moved so fast that Rey couldn't follow the movement. The spear impaled the girl in the chest. The heart.
"Ugh, **** me," Bonesaw grunted.

Defiant swung the spear to one side and slammed her into the wall, knocking chemicals and vials off of every shelf unit she hit on the way.

"Why-" Bonesaw started.

Defiant raised the spear and her sentence was interrupted as her head cracked against the ceiling. He drove the spear toward the ground with just as much force.

"Why…" Bonesaw spat blood onto the ground. Being impaled in the heart hadn't put her down. "Ow. Bit my tongue. Why don't you come closer, big man? Too scared to come here and finish me off?"

Didn't even post the best showing of it

"No," Defiant said. He took two steps forward and swiped with the spear, cutting her in half.

Almost in half. Something like chainmail was wrapped around her spine, but the spear had cut through the matching mesh that had protected her abdominal organs.

Defiant turned to catch a mechanical spider that was making its way down the stairs. He impaled it and dashed it to pieces. Another thrust killed one that was hiding inside an air vent.
Bonesaw crawled forward, dragging her spine and ruined midsection apart from her legs. There wasn't as much blood as there should have been. "Not… done."

Jack & Cherish should have type 2 as well.

"You're not really in a position to be making demands," Trickster said. "You're bleeding to death, and we do have the ability to hurry the process along."
Cherish shrugged. "Bonesaw gave me the works. Mesh sheaths for every major artery and organ, wire reinforcement for my skeleton. It's not going to kill me anytime soon."
"And the gunshot?"
"Subdermal mesh. There's more protection around the spine and organs, and you landed that shot pretty close to my spine. It hurts quite a bit."

I'm pretty sure all of the Slaughterhouse 9 as of their arrival to Brockton Bay have those augmentations.

Manton doesn't, and only the mindhax resistance is really relevant to crawler since he's the adaptation guy.

Right, I wasn't counting Manton since the others didn't even know of his existence at that point.

Mannequin should get Cyborgization.

Shatterbird under the control of Regent can lift a door frame by stabbing it with her glass, and lift three teenagers with it. (Monarch 16.4)

Bonesaw's upgrades became a standard package for members of the Nine:

"A benefit of little Bonesaw's smoke," Jack answered. "If I recall correctly, it's something of a safeguard in case she accidentally deploys a concoction she hasn't immunized herself or the rest of our team against. The fact that it works against bugs and small rodents is a side benefit, rather than the intent. Bonesaw's work has made us members of the Nine more or less immune to disease anyways."

I should probably add some of this stuff if there aren't objections

Back