• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Run to the end (Anne Mayer vs Khonsu)

Dont think you have to do that, unless Khonsu has some hidden stuff. Youre still a willy for that though.

Without waves, Anne has to rely on physicals do kill Khonsu. If I read Parahumans AP correctly, Anne is thrice as strong as Khonsus most durable layer. I assume you have to destroy its core to kill Khonsu? If yes, does the spatial stuff negate physical attacks also? Or is it just a weird way to powernull.

Granted, I think Knight Fall Anne is the more fair matchup. A crest moon to Khonsus face would probably oneshot it.

No, it only works on spatial manip (If I recall correctly, Anne has that, right?)
Not in the Knight Fall arc no, lol

Is that a stat amp? How does it work?

Crest Moon is a long range Wave attack. It cuts through space and powernulls pretty esotheric stuff (Definitly physics and spatial manip, possibly reality warping).

Not that that is important, as Knight Fall Anne dosnt have Waves at her disposal, but thank you for asking and caring

Run up your face and cut it apart. How effective that is depends on how Khonsus time pillars work. Are they visible? Do they move fast? How big are they in diameter?

How big are they in diameter?
In the "Notable Attacks/Techniques" section, it seems to be the diameter of a block (A city block I assume)
Do they move fast?
Seeing as to how it moves at Khonsu's will and there are no other speed values, it likely scales to its combat speed
Are they visible?
The effects should at least be pretty obvious. Seeing as to how SBA location is central park, seeing decayed trees and grass would be a huge tell for where the pillars are

Right, unless Im missing something, then Anne shoudnt have any problems dodging them, especially with her prediction abilities and acrobatics. Unless Khonsu spawn them directly on top on Anne, I dont see how she just runs up to Khonsu and cuts him apart, as again, her AP 3 times as high as Khonsus dura is.

Tentative vote for Anne unless a counter arguments comes up.

Right, unless Im missing something, then Anne shoudnt have any problems dodging them, especially with her prediction abilities and acrobatics
OK so another thing to note is that Khonsu can teleport which has planetary range. Even if we're just accounting for its attack range, Khonsu still outranges with the time pillars and can keep escaping before Anne reaches

Also I'm pretty sure Khonsu resists precog

OK so another thing to note is that Khonsu can teleport which has planetary range. Even if we're just accounting for its attack range, Khonsu still outranges with the time pillars and can keep escaping before Anne reaches

Also I'm pretty sure Khonsu resists precog
I mean, would it teleport out of Annes range just like that? It knows nothing about Anne and it seems, judging by the fact it scales to top tiers, that not many things can hurt it in-universe either. If it spams teleportation in character like that, running away even from low tier characters, then lowkey petch.

Unless it can flip the pillars down, i dont think its range works like that. If I have a 10 meter long stick, but i can only use it while its standing horizontally, i may have 10 meter "range", but it would only apply upwards, making it effecticly niche.

Define precog. Because analytical prediction and future sight are all under precognition, but they dont interact with each other at all. So if Khonsus future cant be seen, it may resist precognition but that woudnt grant resistance to analytical prediction.

To be clear, Annes is analytical prediction. She predicts your intentions by reading you. Nothing to do with future based precognition.

It knows nothing about Anne and it seems, judging by the fact it scales to top tiers, that not many things can hurt it in-universe either
Uh, Khonsu's summary literally mentions how his most noticeable trait is his habit of teleporting all over the place
Unless it can flip the pillars down, i dont think its range works like that. If I have a 10 meter long stick, but i can only use it while its standing horizontally, i may have 10 meter "range", but it would only apply upwards, making it effecticly niche.
In the range section, it mentions it can orbit around a city
Define precog. Because analytical prediction and future sight are all under precognition, but they dont interact with each other at all. So if Khonsus future cant be seen, it may resist precognition but that woudnt grant resistance to analytical prediction.
Among the precogs that can't figure out what an Endbringer's next move is includes The Number Man (Known for being able to calculate possibilities and variations of outcomes in 10^90 universes) and he's still significantly inferior to Contessa

Uh, Khonsu's summary literally mentions how his most noticeable trait is his habit of teleporting all over the place
To spread carnage, meaning that it could also chill around for a couple minutes, destroy as much shit as possible and then move to the next location. Dosnt say much about its standard tactic. I require a moment in the story, where it instantly dipped the moment someone was onto its ass.

In the range section, it mentions it can orbit around a city
Missed that, yeah thats fair

Among the precogs that can't figure out what an Endbringer's next move is includes The Number Man (Known for being able to calculate possibilities and variations of outcomes in 10^90 universes) and he's still significantly inferior to Contessa
Works for me, but it would only make dodging the pillars harder, not impossible.

I mean, like I said, shes thrice as strong as Khonsus most durable layer. Shes borderline 5-C. And I have already asked if a Endbringers Cores spatial hax extends to physical attacks. So nothing is really stopping Anne from slicing its core apart really.

Like, I'm admittitly not been giving much to work here with. I dont know the character, or the verse to be frank and the profile seems like it hasnt been touched for years. I asked the necessary questions and the answers i have gotten lead me to believe that Anne should win this.

Its her whole shtick to cross distances of danmaku, closing the gap against big monsters and demolish them in close quarter combat

Actually, I just saw that Khonsu has potential mid level regeneration. Thats ****** up. Is slicing its core apart even enough to kill it.

I mean, like I said, shes thrice as strong as Khonsus most durable layer. Shes borderline 5-C. And I have already asked if a Endbringers Cores spatial hax extends to physical attacks. So nothing is really stopping Anne from slicing its core apart really.

Like, I'm admittitly not been giving much to work here with. I dont know the character, or the verse to be frank and the profile seems like it hasnt been touched for years. I asked the necessary questions and the answers i have gotten lead me to believe that Anne should win this.

Its her whole shtick to cross distances of danmaku, closing the gap against big monsters and demolish them in close quarter combat
OK, counted

If I read Parahumans AP correctly, Anne is thrice as strong as Khonsus most durable layer.
Ah.

Admittedly I don't think anything stops Khonsu from just camping in one of his time dilation fields, given she doesn't resist that as far as I can tell

She certainly could kill them immediately with that kind of hit but I don't know if Khonsu's obligated to play fair in a versus thread in the same way he is canonically, if he is, he just sorta dies I think

She certainly could kill them immediately with that kind of hit but I don't know if Khonsu's obligated to play fair in a versus thread in the same way he is canonically, if he is, he just sorta dies I think
Characters are still required to act in-character if they aren't bloodlusted based on SBA. The only thing that changes is that they are willing to win

Characters are still required to act in-character if they aren't bloodlusted based on SBA. The only thing that changes is that they are willing to win
The way Endbringers act in most of the story is inapplicable to vsthreads, as they are explicitly stated to be holding back and doing things a certain way so they don't just stomp everyone due to Eidolon's wishes. We even see Khonsu camp in his time field against Scion, when they're not longer obligated to follow the fair rules, in order to heal himself with accelerated time, and Leviathan has a statement of how if he was taking things seriously and not playing by Eidolon's rules, he'd just camp out in the ocean and throw tsunami after tsunami at everyone and not really even bother showing up himself to fight physically

The way Endbringers act in most of the story is inapplicable to vsthreads, as they are explicitly stated to be holding back and doing things a certain way so they don't just stomp everyone due to Eidolon's wishes.
I mean, don't we also have a ton of characters who typically hold back in other media? Batman and Superman immediately come to mind and if I recall correctly, their starting move is usually based on their holding back state. Or is this different because of Eidolon's influence?

I mean, don't we also have a ton of characters who typically hold back in other media? Batman and Superman immediately come to mind and if I recall correctly, their starting move is usually based on their holding back state. Or is this different because of Eidolon's influence?
I'm not seeing the connection tbh, especially since that's not exactly evidence and just what you think happens. Regardless, EBs are for all intents and purposes being directly controlled to not fight as efficiently as they should while under Eidolon's influence, and thus when you remove them from this influence they start fighting with the dirty tactics they normally would. Cu from Fate Stay Night is under a Command Seal to not kill and just fight and then withdraw for most of the Grail War, but we aren't gonna say he does that in a vsthread, so this point is really weird.

Khonsu also has Glory Girl-like forcefields, which can tank any singular hit (including ones from Scion) before breaking, so to get to the core requires much more time and work than other EBs, and thus the superior AP of Anne won't be enough to just blast through easily in a few hits, giving Khonsu more time to trap her in a time field, in addition to his TP prolonging things:
And Khonsu, for his part, hadn’t suffered nearly as much as Behemoth had. Five or six layers had been stripped away, and what was left was glimmering with a light that danced around the outside of his body.

The hue and intensity of it matched the light at the edges of his time fields. It slowly faded.
[...]
The falling star, such as it was, had broken through more of the exterior. Not a lot, but some. As the dust cleared, I could see glimmers of light, dancing through the space beneath the injury.

It was the moment I realized that the ************ was reinforced. He had forcefields set between layers, so he couldn’t be wiped out in a matter of good hits like Behemoth had been. It was eerily reminiscent of Glory Girl.

Khonsu also has Glory Girl-like forcefields, which can tank any singular hit (including ones from Scion) before breaking, so to get to the core requires much more time and work than other EBs, and thus the superior AP of Anne won't be enough to just blast through easily in a few hits
I mean if I recall correctly, Anne does have forcefield negation
Regardless, EBs are for all intents and purposes being directly controlled to not fight as efficiently as they should while under Eidolon's influence
So essentially we just assume that EBs aren't under Eidolon's control in VS threads?

I don't see why we would assume they are, considering Eidolon dies in the story and the EBs get to fight without his control in canon afterwards
Ah, OK

So regarding Khonsu's time dilation fields and his habit of camping in them when not controlled. Does he make it work in reverse and prevent anything from entering or does it cause attacks to decay or something? Because I'm not sure how it's ability to block attacks works if it makes things go faster

Ah, OK

So regarding Khonsu's time dilation fields and his habit of camping in them when not controlled. Does he make it work in reverse and prevent anything from entering or does it cause attacks to decay or something? Because I'm not sure how it's ability to block attacks works if it makes things go faster
Khonsu can choose what things enter or leave the time fields to an extent
He chose what entered and he chose what left. An attack form that couldn’t be defended against, only avoided.
Aarik: how does that work actually, the time fields leave the corpses behind as they pass over them, but people can't leave.
Wildbow: Barrier blocks organic matter
Aarik: Ahhh
Aarik: they leave behind the bones, so probably living organic matter specifically.
Aarik: Could Weld just walk out then?
Wildbow: Yep
Aarik: And breaker capes who turn into an inorganic form?
Wildbow: Some
Hierophant: Khonsu is probably my favorite Endbringer and the most dangerous to fight IMO
Hierophant: Mostly because you're so reliant on teleporters - those get killed, you can't do anything
Wildbow: Less likely, the barrier also filters energy. It's why sunlight/heat don't accumulate indefinitely within.

Khonsu is also able to disappear and remake his time fields to catch people by surprise, so it's not solely a matter of dodging moving pillars
Silent, we watched as the heroes engaged. Eidolon and Legend joined the Japanese heroes in fighting the unnamed Endbringer, keeping a safe distance.

One circle disappeared, and the Endbringer reached out. Defending capes were too slow to escape the perimeter before the effect took hold, a new third circle forming. Eidolon tried hitting the effect with three different powers, but it didn’t break.
Apparently deeming that the circles weren’t working in this situation, Khonsu banished all three. Moord Nag’s shadow was freed, and rejoined the remainder of the mass. Khonsu’s forward advance was momentarily paused by the impact. He created the circles anew, placing them in spots where people at the epicenter couldn’t move fast enough to escape.

Khonsu can choose what things enter or leave the time fields to an extent
Ah, so it filters energy as well. I think I'll change Anne's key as apparently this one doesn't have ranged attacks and is lacking her strongest attack. I recall it has some supernatural composition so depending on its nature, I think I'm gonna wait until @First_Witch explains it

I mean if I recall correctly, Anne does have forcefield negation
That's with a sword, which she's certainly not going to be able to use against Khonsu given their ability to just camp in his own field

Which, I think ossolates this match straight to "Anne can't do anything but run around trying to avoid bubbles until she dies"

That's with a sword, which she's certainly not going to be able to use against Khonsu given their ability to just camp in his own field

Which, I think ossolates this match straight to "Anne can't do anything but run around trying to avoid bubbles until she dies"
Yeah, I get that

So are there any special properties to Khonsu's forcefield (Like blocking certain haxes or having some odd properties) or is it just a physical barrier?

He turned his attention to the winged Endbringer and her smaller companion. The towering Endbringer was already so damaged that she could only pull herself together. The fat Endbringer was gone.

No, he was alive. He’d created a time field around himself, and was healing in a more distant location.
Here's Khonsu described as creating a field around himself to heal and just chill, since we're mentioning it as a big thing

See, I knew it wasnt that easy. Too many posts, what are the arguments now.
I swapped to Pray Anne and as it turns out, Khonsu can just sit in one of its time dilation fields (Which makes melee impossible) and it can filter organic matter and energy from entering and exiting. Also it has a ton of forcefields and can use the fields to heal. And dodging is made more difficult due to its habit of remaking and removing its time fields

High tier worm character moment
So are there any special properties to Khonsu's forcefield (Like blocking certain haxes or having some odd properties) or is it just a physical barrier?
It's mentioned to work like Victoria's deal, where it essentially takes one of any type of hit, whether that's a gunshot or Scion's laser, and reforms on a time delay based on how hard that hit was

I don't remember how many specific protections it gives out but it requires a lot of consecutive attacks to get around when it's just a single instance of it, much less Khonsu's use of them

Back