• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

World of Heavenly Light Registration/Meta Thread

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
Kissclipart-smash-bros-logo-clipart-super-smash-bros-for-nint-fad507dced03afc1

Every soul contains a whisper of light
Gleaming faintly as it dwindles from sight
No escape, no greater fate to be made
In the end, the chains of time will not break

Summary
Based around the World of Light story campaign of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The infinite multiverse, which contains all that we know as fiction, has been swallowed up by a mysterious force whose motives remain unclear. You, a group of people randomly separated from your worlds, have found yourselves at the edge of embarking on your greatest destiny. Your goal will be to return the multiverse to its former state, while simultaneously uncovering the identity of the source of this chaos, along with the reasons these events have come to pass.

Rules:
1. Your character will either originate from Earth, or from one of the many worlds shared by the fighters of the Super Smash Bros. franchise. Not only will this allow for more variety of character design, but also of backstories and possible motives.

1(b). No other worlds are allowed to be the source of your characters aside from the ones previously mentioned. This helps prevent over-complication in terms of origins, plus only drawing from the aforementioned worlds is more fitting to the theme of this RP.

2. Every character will be given one Spirit (physical essence of a character) at the start of the RP to begin with. You may suggest one character or verse that you would like as your starting character. However, while you may potentially get what you want, I may end up giving you a different character, and even one from a completely different verse. So, if you ask for Gilgamesh, and you end up getting Dhelmise, you'll need to accept it and figure it out.

2(b). To begin with, every starting Spirit will be Tier 7. This will allow for things to kick off on a fairly even level.

3. For the majority of this RP, the only way for you to collect more Spirits is to fight the Spirits themselves. If you manage to win, you get the Spirit, and if you lose, you will be transported away. There is no fear of death in this RP, however, the more Spirits you are able to gather, the better off you will be, as fights will become harder and harder as you go on. There may be other conditions for obtaining Spirits later on, but this will be the main way you will do so.

4. The AP and speed of all characters will be mostly equalized to around 7-A (Mountain level) and Subsonic. However, attacks that are notable at being at higher levels of AP or speed than other attacks, such as Son Goku's Spirit Bomb, shall retain this level of power in comparison to its canon counterpart.

4(b). This means that when you battle Spirits, you may have an equal chance to obtain said Spirit. However, Tiers shall now indicate levels of difficulty in order to battle the Spirits. For instance, it shall be much harder to fight Mega Man X than it will be to fight Frank West, but both are still possible to beat. There is also a slight power boost the higher a character's tier is, meaning that X will be able to beat Frank easier, but Frank will have a much harder time doing the same to X. Another reason why collecting Spirits will end up being essential.

4(c). As for common "unfair" haxes, such as Mind Manipulation and Time Manipulation, as is judged on a case-by-case scenario, these will be restricted to more manageable levels. A good example is Diavolo's King Crimson. He can still erase time to get the drop on his opponent, but the ability will receive a cooldown so his opponent may be able to react accordingly. Also, Regenerationn will be consistently restricted to Low-Mid for the sake of fairness.

5. Players can equip only one Spirit at a time as their primary Spirit. This is the Spirit from which they may borrow all of their abilities and power levels. They may also obtain certain characteristics from the characters they have as their primary, such as the clothing of the appropriate character. The amount of characteristics that are borrowed from the character will be left to the player to decide how much they want, but there must be at least some alteration to your base character.

6. You may also equip other Spirits as support Spirits, which will grant the player an ability from that particular Spirit, such as Aquaman's Underwater Breathing. You may have up to three of these, but depending on the ability you wish to borrow, the character in question may take up two, or even all three of your slots. You may feature characteristics from these Spirits on your character, but unlike with the primary Spirits, this is wholly optional.

7. You may battle each other, if you wish. However, this will serve little more than padding out the RP longer. So, if you really wish to do this, keep this in mind.

Player Signup Form:
Name:

Appearance:

Original Verse:

Preferred Spirit/Verse:

Name: Klasha

Appearance: A blue muscular Kremling similar in appearance to Krusha or Kludge, with dark blue pointed osteoderms running down his back, green eyes, a light blue underside, a long tail, and theropod-like legs. He wears green pants with a black belt.

Original Verse: Donkey Kong

Preferred Spirit/Verse: Godzilla

@Kiryu

Congratulations! You have been given the Spirit of Salamence!

@Everything

Congratulations! You have been given the Spirit of Treyni (Light Novel)!

I will also address restricted abilities later.

00potato said:
Does the species of the character matter?
Not particularly. Their main source of power comes exclusively from the Spirits.

@HI3

Congratulations! You have been given the Spirit of Natsu Dragneel!

@00potato

Please clean up your profile. I can't really tell what's going on with it.

@Overlord

As much as it breaks my heart, your character cannot come from the Shovel Knight verse, as Shovel Knight is not a fighter.

Please choose another verse.

He is technically classified as an Assist Trophy, not a fighter.

Believe me, I'd love to make an exception, but I don't want to bend the rules for anyone due to bias.

You can just have him come from Fire Emblem, though.

It's not the same tho

I wanted Shovel Knight-verses because people there are named Knight+ability

I'll have to rework the character

Aww, do I really have him? I know that I must be content with what is given to me but could you at least give me someone who has an affinity with the fire element?

Oh, I've evaluated things a little and have too many role plays.

Maybe I'll join this when EWtRtW 5 is finished

I can barely handle one role play at a time and I find it a bit confusing to have to switch from one character to another.

You can find out all the reasons you want about why I don't participate in this role play ... and even if I stay again the game would last at most 3 or 4 threads before getting stranded ... like most of the others

Okay, aside from Torlikoff, who has reserved a place in the RP, there are currently eight players ready to go. I'm going to be creating two new profiles soon, and I will be closing signups once I do. So if you'd like to sign up, this is your last chance.

2D1C6EAB-737D-4E1F-B3CC-C73D2850D48D
I, Udlmaster, do in fact legally own this artwork, so do not repost or take it without permissio

Name: Lady Elizabeth Nocturna

Appearance: (See Image)

Original Verse: Earth

Preferred Spirit/Verse: One-Punch Ma (Geryuganshoop), Pokémo (Darkrai)

Note: When I say Darkrai, I mean either Movie Darkrai or Game Darkrai, not PMD Darkrai who has the spatial, time etc. Hax.

Back