• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

World of Darkness: Cosmology 1.5 TM/INC/LLC/CR

Yeah, it just reads as your common Scaler brain fanfiction about how strong their OC is and they'll wax on and off poetic about how their new guy transcends infinite transcendences and Set theory, Dimensionality and [Insert other generic buzzwords here]. I've never recovered from reading 1 Chinese SCP profile. The Scaler Brain rot was immense.
Man I can't believe this ball is dumb tiershit writing.

Saying SCP isn't fanfiction is mega-copium. Because it has no official writers (that is to say, everyone can or is a writer).
What exactly is it a fanfiction of? Show me the original work of fiction that the red ball was taken from. Show me where any of the original characters from SCP were taken from.

I've explained this time and again but only a small fraction of SCP is actually tier 1 and above. A vast majority of it barely reaches tier 8. And the whole "fact sheet" argument tells me none of you have actually sat down and read a canon hub before.

SCP whether you like it or not works on comics rules. To say otherwise is to be wholly ignorant to how the site actually functions.

Hell, the DC cosmology split is something SCP has done for a while now. And people act as if becoming a DC writer is such an exclusive and honored position when SCP works on the same system of nepotism and quality control. You guys hate comics and take it out on SCP.

Yeah, it just reads as your common Scaler brain fanfiction about how strong their OC is and they'll wax on and off poetic about how their new guy transcends infinite transcendences and Set theory, Dimensionality and [Insert other generic buzzwords here]. I've never recovered from reading 1 Chinese SCP profile. The Scaler Brain rot was immense.

It wouldn't be that bad if the stories had SOME continuity between the stories, but it's like they barely relate even to a single concept when they use things like the Noosphere.

Saying SCP isn't fanfiction is mega-copium. Because it has no official writers (that is to say, everyone can or is a writer).

And saying "they're officially licenced" is misleading, being under CC licencing doesn't allow people to do much with their work. For example, with SCP, you aren't allowed to commercially use it, so while you might argue "it's licenced because CC allows anyone to make or distribute works on SCP", it's not a real licence to create commercial work.

For another thing, content made under the CC of SCP is under ShareAlike rules, meaning, you cannot own the copyright to your work, it falls under CC automatically and you cannot change the licencing of that work either.

Anyway, this is just a big moan about it's just weird to have a superposition on SCP not being fan fiction (when it's fiction directly made by fans to continue the work, like Cthulhu Mythos' EU CC or no)

Sadage. One day, we'll have Utopia.

1*n2GqadKH-755OSaLSR3k3Q.jpeg

Live Picture of a World without SCP.

Oh yeah, I guess that's why despite the memes, Suggsverse is banned.
??????

I meant that The SCP Foundation seems to be even further into tier 0 than World of Darkness after their latest added thoroughly conceptually disgusting and power-mad page.
Ignore the truth behind that piece as well as the real intention of the author (Yeah I know why but it doesn't matter)
How is this higher than Wod?
Isn't Wod higher than this into tier 0?

Actually reading SCPs and not ******** on them from a distance would most probably help

I mean ffs people just reading random SCPs get hundreds of thousands of views on Youtube and many other sites, when whole ass trailers for new comics cant even get past 50k most of the time. Its almost like these stories actually have an interesting premise and people like them or something

Actually reading SCPs and not ******** on them from a distance would most probably help

I mean ffs people just reading random SCPs get hundreds of thousands of views on Youtube and many other sites, when whole ass trailers for new comics cant even get past 50k most of the time. Its almost like these stories actually have an interesting premise and people like them or something
Just you wait till someone spits "it's just Powerscalers"

Because I don't like the story quality. It's made by people who don't know how to write at all.

I am however, completely entitled to call it trash as I like, because that's how the internet works, and you are not entitled to my time.

Because I don't like the story quality. It's made by people who don't know how to write at all.

I am however, completely entitled to call it trash as I like, because that's how the internet works, and you are not entitled to my time.
Stop acting childish ukay? Your thread is done, call staff and close it. If you want to curse at scp then find somewhere to do it

For the record, I mostly agree with Udlmaster regarding the SCP Foundation, except for that it is not fanfiction per definition. It still breaks a few other of our rules though, as I stated above.

Also, I do not remotely hate the concepts of superhero comic books. I just dislike how shoddily and randomly the continuity, logical coherence, and massive story tone and characterisation shifts have been handled by Joe Quesada, Sana Amanat, Dan Didio, and Jim Lee, and all of the awful people that they have hired to defile and mutilate these once wonderful characters and settings as much as possible over the years.

However, I have seen signs from DC Comics that they are trying to make their comic books more accessible for everybody again recently, and not wallow in dystopian incoherent madness anymore, so I am trying to have an open mindset for that they are hopefully not just sprouting insincere plattitudes in that regard.

Also, I think that My Hero Academia has done much more genuinely positive work to conceptually redeem the entire superhero genre than all Marvel and DC Comics stories combined for the last several years.

However, we should try to return to the main topic here, which is basically just to wait for Udlmaster to finish his accepted wiki page revision at this point.

For the record, I mostly agree with Udlmaster regarding the SCP Foundation, except for that it is not fanfiction per definition. It still breaks a few other of our rules though, as I stated above.

Also, I do not remotely hate the concepts of superhero comic books. I just dislike how shoddily and randomly the continuity, logical coherence, and massive story tone and characterisation shifts have been handled by Joe Quesada, Sana Amanat, Dan Didio, and Jim Lee, and all of the awful people that they have hired to defile and mutilate these once wonderful characters and settings as much as possible over the years.

However, I have seen signs from DC Comics that they are trying to make their comic books more accessible for everybody again recently, and not wallow in dystopian incoherent madness anymore, so I am trying to have an open mindset for that they are hopefully not just sprouting insincere plattitudes in that regard.

Also, I think that My Hero Academia has done much more genuinely positive work to conceptually redeem the entire superhero genre than all Marvel and DC Comics stories combined for the last several years.

However, we should try to return to the main topic here, which is basically just to wait for Udlmaster to finish his accepted wiki page revision at this point.
Most SCP's are literally nothing more than just scary/creepy stories and most of them have NOTHING to do with higher dimensional beings AT ALL.
Hell, djkaktus HATES powerscaling and vs battles wiki and WE ARE USING HIS WORKS for focks sake.

I also failed to see a single rule of the wiki that SCP breaks. I'll wait.

We are not supposed to host fan works that do not originate in actual stories. What we do now is very similar to copying some popular but unofficial conceptual D&D fact sheets to our own fact sheets and modify them to fit with our tiering system.
See above.

I have tried repeatedly, but keep getting voted down.

We are not supposed to host fan works that do not originate in actual stories. What we do now is very similar to copying some popular but unofficial conceptual D&D fact sheets to our own fact sheets and modify them to fit with our tiering system.
fan works that do not originate in actual stories? Ant, can you give me examples?

In the end, it was against the rules and for other reasons that deviated from the main point. It made it even worse.

I'm still waiting for a reason from ultima. Because he seems to know the structure of WoD like udimaster.

fan works that do not originate in actual stories? Ant, can you give me examples?
Well, the way I have understood the SCP Foundation, I thought that people write fact sheets for high concepts, which usually do not have any coherent stories connected to them, which isn't what we are supposed to deal with.

Well, the way I have understood the SCP Foundation, I thought that people write fact sheets for high concepts, which usually do not have any coherent stories connected to them, which isn't what we are supposed to deal with.
Well, not really.
For example, you have kaktusverse, which is heavily connected, characters are always referenced and appear in different stories. There is also Djoricverse which is also connected (characters appearing here and there) and many others as well.
Like acidverse is it's own canon connected to Djoricverse which is then connected to placeverse.
But if we are at the convention about verses not really being connected, that's basically what cthulhu mythos is.

Ahh I see
Too bad for Saikou and the others not to explain this in detail to the unfamiliar
It has coherent stories
Actually most of scp's Tier 0 and High-1A have it. A consistent story example for two Tier 0s (IS and its counterpart) is Project Paragons written by Djkaktus, Just click on it and you will see the detail and vastness of lore it has. We also have the same consistent related stories from the same author here, thirteen chapters
Another example for High Concepts SCP's Coherently stories is Antimemetic Division series written by Qntm (its villain is SCP-3125 aka one of many notable Tier High-1A/0)

Even Placeverse (which is the reason for most of the wiki's Tier 0) is no exception . In fact he and his own friends has Big Coherently stories for High-Concept SCPs (called SCP-6500)

Back