• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

World of Darkness: Cosmology 1.5 TM/INC/LLC/CR

Udlmaster

They/Them
The Upgrade is simple and horrific in equal factor and I am doing it because I am evil and will never know rest.

Introduction:

I have put off upgrading WoD because I am lazy, but I've chosen to go full Nuclear Gandi and will establish that none shall take my crown as Worst person. So here we are, WoD's biggest upgrade yet.

In essence, none of the scaling from Mine and Ultima's scaling has changed, simply the tier as everything is bumped up many spaces due to a discovery, thus, Ultima's blog remains relevant, and ultimately little changes.

The Changes:
Functionally, there will be no additional changes to the Powers and abilities of the current profiles. Some profiles will be reworked once this has passed, but that will be shown at another time, for now, let's focus on the revision.

First and foremost, the changes to the cosmology. After outlining the general tiers for each part of the World of Darkness Cosmology, found here, but for the purposes of the thread, I will reiterate for your reading pleasure.

The Main Physical Universe, the Tapestry, itself constitutes the entirety of Imagination within it;
"The Infinite Tapestry of creation encompasses everything — all that is, all that was, and all that can be imagined. For a frame of reference, mages place the Earth at the center of all creation, if only to understand the mysteries around it. Call this reality the physical world, if you like, or the real world, if you eschew all alternatives. We call it Earth." - The Infinite Tapestry, Page 9
The very imaginative people who inhabit the world of Darkness have thought up things such as the Tegmark Multiverses;
"Ensemble Space: Called the “Astral Plane” by Reality Deviants, Ensemble Spaces contain objects generated by human minds that lack the characteristics required to instantiate in material reality. This dimension includes fundamental mathematical objects: the Platonic “ultimate ensemble” predicted by mathematician Max Tegmark. The prevalence of “unreal” mathematical constructs gives rise to spatial distortions and subdimensions containing similar data sets, superstitiously referred to “conceptual realms,” “Epiphamies,” and “kingdoms of the gods.”" - Void Engineers, Revised, Page 56
The Tegmark Multiverse isn't a basic one, but one supported by Set theory now, THAT'S RIGHT, WE FOUND IT:
"The Toposes: Less of a specific being than a class of them, the Toposes are some of the most baffling denizens of the Platonic Realm/ They can be found in the Digital Borderlands where each has carved out a territory where they make the rules. These territories only ever grow over time, and seem to relate to how much they've been visited. If pushed, some will suggest that the majority of the Platonic Realm itself is simply the territory of a single Topos that has grown particularly dominant: Set theory"

The Universe itself, has many layers, all equally real, and even having contradictory ideas about how reality, humanity, or anything else came about.
"“I’ll give you a more relevant example. The first people: Were they Adam and Eve, a woman and a man, or were they the evolved descendents of apes?” “They were a woman and a man, as the Bible says.” “Correct. But they were also a multitude of ape descendents. The universe was made in seven days, on one level, but that same span of time was billions of years on another level. “Or consider the Angels of the Firmament. On some levels of reality they were conveying the life-giving breath of the Maker on a purely scientific level — they were, literally were, the process by which solar energy striking simple carbon molecules agitated them into forms of ever increasing complexity, until they became organic molecules, then primitive single-celled animals, then nucleated cells and so on, up to and including dogs, cats and humans. But at the same time they were crouching over the mouths of newly sculpted creatures of all types, breathing into their mouths to animate them.” “Are you talking about metaphor?” Gaviel chuckled. “Not yet, no. These contrary things really were simultaneously true in the young cosmos. It makes no sense to you because you’re used to living in this, the singular world. But once you accept the idea of the multiple world, it clears up a lot of the problems you humans have with faith, miracles, the Divine Architect—”" - Demon - The Fallen, Core, Page 26
There are an infinite amount of these levels of reality, and one would lose all duality when falling through them.
But almost everyone in the world wants to manipulate others." Overwhelmed, Battering Ram felt herself forced down into the mandala of history, whose woven threads stretched out before her limited vision.
Being outnumbered should not strike fear into the heart of one in contact with her inner self. With lashing claws Tiger tore through the Tapestry and rushed forward through infinite level of concurrent existence.

Dragon became less corporeal, and the air became thick with oppressive heat. It is my turn, Dragon. The Voice pierced through thought, and form grew in the distance: Let me clutch her Avatar.

The Celestial Dragon's body snaked about and Fall Breeze rushed away into nothingness. She felt her being stripped away. Neither woman nor man, human nor insect, earth nor sky, she fell.
Conclusions:

The new scaling for WoD is as followed, all views expressed here are supported by the blog (link found above) which has all the relevant citations for any curious individual:

The Universe: Low 2-C to High 1-A

The Multiverse: 0

The Tapestry: 0

The Low Umbra: 0

The High Umbra: 0

The Horizon: 0

The Dreaming: 0

The Tellurian: 0

The Void: 0

Alder Bole, the World Tree: 0

The Supernal: 0

Votes:

Those in Support: Me :), Gasper, Dread, ShivaShakti, Lewis, Deonmont, Recap_, Timeless, Setsuna_Tenma, Dinoanime7, LevelUp99, Xearsay, Greatsage13, Qawsedf234, Elizhha

Those in Opposition:

Last edited:
Count me in

Though, i just want to know, does ultima agree with the upgrade?

Last edited:
Count me in

Though, i just want to know, does ultima agree with the upgrade?
He agreed with the Set theory thing being High 1-A, that's where the tier comes from, everything else is a consequence of that.

I would be greatly appreciative is someone were able to contact any staff they might know of who would be interested

IIRC, he's got exams atm, I did @ him on discord when I posted the thread with the link.

Though, he's probably bored of dealing with WoD or more likely me
Damn, call everything12 or pain for this then. (have fun)

Agree. Also I think it’s really cool how much work you’re putting into this. Especially with the blog and how it references all the usage of mythologies and stuff. World of Darkness seems to really have it all.

Agree. Also I think it’s really cool how much work you’re putting into this. Especially with the blog and how it references all the usage of mythologies and stuff. World of Darkness seems to really have it all.
Yeah, you should get into it.

People should play more of the WoD games, Bloodlines is incredible, very rough around the edges, but it's a diamond.

Did you create a blog? Since this should be added in the verse page.
First and foremost, the changes to the cosmology. After outlining the general tiers for each part of the World of Darkness Cosmology, found here, but for the purposes of the thread, I will reiterate for your reading pleasure.

Heads up, there’s two Tapestries on the list:
The Universe: Low 2-C to High 1-A

The Multiverse: 0

The Low Umbra: 0

The High Umbra: 0

The Horizon: 0

The Void: 0

Alder Bole, the World Tree: 0

The Supernal: 0
Is the second Tapestry suppose to be the Tellurian just making sure

Is this will infinite^infinite higher than bassline tier 0???
Far more I believe
I'll write it out:

The Universe (Low 2-C to High 1-A) < The Multiverse (Infinite Resenonces of the Universe with different logic system and containing them all) <...< Tapestry (Infinite levels of the Tapestry where duality breaks down)<...<The Low Umbra (Infinite levels of the Underworld) =< Middle Umbra <...< The Vulgate (Contains the concept of numbers, mathematics and more as their Platonic conception) <...< The Spires (Infinite levels and refractions of the Tree of Life, infinite concepts of Manifold Mountain with increasingly complexity) <...< The Epiphamies (Transcends the concept of concrete reality, with an infinite stack of Epiphamy realms layered on top of each other) < The Near and Far Horizon (An infinite sea of Magick extending beyond the Epiphamies as Space is to the Sky) <...< The Spheres of Magick (Contains the DoT scaling, an infinite series of ever greater gaps, where the 2nd Dot is able to manipulate Quintessence, the Archetype of Everything and warp Patterns. Pluto contains an infinite amount of Umbra representing every possible Time of Judgement scenario such as Lilith v Caine or Voormas and The Nameless King) < Deep Umbra (The power of Humanity breaks down here. Described as a Void stretching into Infinity and is beyond comprehension of even Mages) <...< The Fractured Cosmology (Connects all gamelines to one single unified Cosmology, each with it's own Umbra extending into the Far Horizon. Contains a greater than infinite amount of "Worlds", as the collection of similar and near Universes are infinite, yet there is also an infinite amount if radically different "Worlds") < Distance Shores (The entirety of Reality is a woven illusion) <...< The Infinite Tellurians (Each Tellurian is the totality of creation, containing not only all possibility and actuality, but all impossibility too. The Tellurians are smaller balled off sections of a Higher Tellurian, where things from a lower Tellurian is but a shadow in the Higher Tellurian) <<< The Higher Worlds (Creations of the Higher Aeons above the Demiurge, there's 8 to 30) <...< The Consensus hierarchy (An infinite series of greater consensuses, with the Mage consensus containing all previously said, with the Higher god consensus containing the Mage consensus and more beyond conception) < The Void (The Absolute, the end of the Road with nothing further to go. It is considered the end of conception itself. The Wyrm is considered to be the Void and is officially ranked as amongst the highest ranks of the Gods) < Alder Bole (The archetypal tree of even other Archetypal trees like the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Alder Bole covered the Void during its birth and stops the Wyld's essence from splattering across the Void) < The Supernal (The original Unity of the Triat which existed before the Void, so utterly transcendent as to be impossible to name, as to name is to limit)

Last edited:
Back