• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wonder Woman Potential Upgrades (Spoilers for Wonder Woman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so there's a pretty notable feat in the WW movie which I saw today.

(Spoilers)

Zeus with his dying energy, very very weak creates the island of Themiscyra. Ares killed all the other gods and nearly killed Zeus in a long hard battle, meaning he should at least scale to Zeus' dying island level feat.

Wonder Woman after realizing her Olympian nature actually beats Ares up, meaning it should scale to her and (considering it was decades ago and she'd have stayed the same strength or gotten stronger) arguablly the other big names of the DCEU like Superman and Doomsday (MAYBE the other Kryptonians but Superman was weaker when he fought them).

Also during their fight Ares calls down lightning to hit Diana with and she manages to deflect and react to it from close range, which is basically just support for their speed level.

Creating an Island doesn't always equal Island level. For perspective, destroying the Island of Timor yields around the baseline of Island level. So it would have to be calculated first.

Darkanine said:
Creating an Island doesn't always equal Island level. For perspective, destroying the Island of Timor yields around the baseline of Island level. So it would have to be calculated first.
k then. Guess we'll have to wait till it's available to be calced then.

If the lightning Ares called down is of natural speed, then that's a nice feat to further back up the current speed rating for her.

Soldier Blue said:
If the lightning Ares called down is of natural speed, then that's a nice feat to further back up the current speed rating for her.
That it is. That part isn't an upgrade, it's just nice support for what we already have.

Well, as others have mentioned, it depends on how large the island is.

A few questions:

1. Any confirmation how powerful the old gods were (especially Zeus) in his prime?

2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought reacting to lightning coming from the sky to the ground is sub-relativistic? If so, I want to point out that since we use the BvS guide to confirm that Superman can react and fight as fast as he can fly, the guide also confirms that his heat vision is indeed "light" and can be focused like a "laser": http://imgur.com/a/Lwf2G

3. So alright, just tell me, does she fly?

Heatforce said:
Wall of text
1: Not Really. I think it's implied that they were there at the world's beginning, Ares claimed that he and Wonder Woman could reshape the world whatever that means, and Ares has some kind of limited omnipresence thing going on.

2: I had not heard of this

3: After unlocking her god powers, she sort of levitates iirc

I wonder if they are going with the god wave to explain the creation of the old gods?

Oh regarding Ares: I read some other spoilers and it stated he turned an Amazonian sword to dust. Would that fall under matter manipulation or did he utilize some other means?

Also, if Zeus created the humans and the Amazons, did he do so from nothing? The reason I ask is if he can create humans, Amazons and islands, he has a certain level of matter manipulation.

Thanks for the response!

@Soldier Blue, Thanks!

Heatforce said:
Stop quoting walls of text (four or more lines).
MASSIVE SPOILERS HERE

In the beginning it's set up that Zeus left the Amazons with a weapon called the Godkiller to stop Ares if he rose again. It's implied to be this Amazon sword but really is Diana herself. When they first engage Wonder Woman tries to stab Ares with the sword and he holds out his hand and it basically melts into his palm

I don't recall it really going into HOW things were made. Near the beginning of the film Hippolyta is telling Child Diana about the history of the Amazons and she tells them about a great war in Heaven where Ares turned Zeus' innocent creation, the humans, violent and savage and killed the other gods until attempting to usurp Zeus himself. They fought for a while and Zeus with his dying power sealed Ares in the Earth and making the Island of Themiscyra and it's people to protect the world should Ares arise again.

Ok so it melts then? That is pretty impressive heat seeing as though Superman's heat vision is supposed to be around 10,000 F and Doomsday's heat vision was more powerful, yet her Amazonian equipment did not melt during their fight.

I haven't seen the movie, but according to IGN's spoilers the General is not Ares. He thought he was Ares after taking the formula the doctor gave him. Can someone clarify if Ares does fight WM in his battle armor?

So I saw it. My observations and opinions from what I remember:

- zeus: it does state he created the island of the amazons. Now it says he hid it away but it's hard to tell if it's a pocket dimension, it seems that way. The island is shrouded by a fog but from the island, all you can see is the horizon, no fog. The soldiers coming towards the island, once they penetrate the fog it looks like enter some kind of energy barrier and then it's bright and sunny and the island is there.

Diana: she can casually lift a tank and hold it, no sweat. Plus when she started going ham, Ares attacked her with metal swords and it looks like she had a barrier around her that was vaporizing the metal. Now in regard to the lightning, Ares did indeed call it down from the sky, however, he hit himself with the lightning and then redirected it so do we still scale that as being mhs+ reactions? Oh and Diana can manipulate lightning. It's hard to tell if she can generate it on her own but maybe that's the limitation since she's a demi-goddess: she can't create or summon lightning/ eclecticity but she can harness it through her bracers and manipulate it.

Ares: This dude has a crap load of powers. He's a teleporter: both long and short range, he can become undetectable to humans or perhaps completely invisible, he has pyrokinesis: he vaporized the god killer sword as Diana was about to stab him, he has telekinesis and manipulated the lasso and other objects. He even raised a rather large chunk of the tarmac and tried to crush Diana with it. He also used his kinesis abilities to pull metal to himself and melt the metal to form his armor and melee weapons. He can also create illusions and fly very fast. Oh and obviously he has the lightning abilities.

General Ludendorff: He should probably scale to Diana prior to Diana's fight with ares. In my opinion, Diana awakened when she fought Ares. That was the Diana that fought Doomsday. I don't feel comfortable saying Ludendorff is mountain lvl and moves at mhs if you get what I mean.

Those are my observations. It was a really good movie, I need to see it again.

According to IGN interview the actor confirmed that General Ludendorff can go toe to toe with Wonder Woman because of the formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back