• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Standard Battle Assumptions, speed equalized, 6-C versions used, win by any means, Luke is not possessed by Kronos (therefore no time manipulation).

Diana: 0

Luke: 7 (TheOwnMagic, Gargoyle One, 22Easy, Crimson Azoth, Kappatalism, Wokistan, Foca24)

Inconclusive: 0

Wonder Woman fights well. She takes Luke to the wire, gets some good hits off. But Luke's Backbiter makes this difficult. Does Luke really win with one hit? Percy tanked hits from Backbiter quite often, and while he hurt after it, he never really came close to dying. Wonder Woman from the DCEU is pretty powerful, while still not as powerful as her comic book character, she can still make life tough for her opponents.

Question is, is she more powerful than or equal to Percy?

Answer? Yes. Hell yes. This was Percy before the Curse, and he was struck with the sword after it had been fashioned into Kronos's scythe, and it was swung by the Mad Titan himself (oops wrong verse). He utterly tanked the blow, and was able to keep fighting for a period.

Wonder Woman will take a blow. That is probably unavoidable. But, she is stronger, faster, and more agile than Kronos-less Luke. Plus, she can fly, and has the Lasso of Truth, which is slightly unbreakable. She has a shield, those concussive braclets, and a big-ass sword that will hurt Luke just as much as Backbiter will hurt her. Luke was bested by an untrained Percy only after he'd had a drink. Wonder Woman is at least as powerful as a wet Percy. And she will go straight for the kill.

I vote Wonder Woman. Someone offer me proof that Backbiter is a OSK, and I might reconsider.

That would just mean Percy resists, which iirc isn't his only soul manip resistance anyways. Also, I'm pretty sure that getting hit with it was very bad for Percy regardless, and that he likely would have ended up dying in that fight had it not been interrupted. Could be wrong though.

Probably. Maybe. He still had enough strength to literally push through a crowd of (albiet distracted) monsters, and jump off a boat, then will himself away through the water. Remember, Beckendorf had said that the time limit was 0. After being hit with this soul-ripping "superweapon", Percy swam literally hundreds of meters in less than a second.

I've never seen someone be destroyed immediatly with Backbiter. The most impressive thing that I've ever seen it do is destroy the Williamsburg Bridge. And that looked more like Kronos's power than the actual scythe.

Sure, I'm making these assumptions based on Percy, but wet Percy is close enough equal to Post-Awakening Wonder Woman for these calculations to work.

Finally, doesn't Wonder Woman have telekinesis? And reactions fast enough to block a bullet at close range? And some quite kick-ass armour? I seriously cannot see how Luke can even get a hit on her, much less enough to put Diana down for good.

They might not be that fast, but I daresay they will be faster than a son of Hermes swinging a big sword.

Plus, Diana's only using her bracelets here. Against Luke, she will also have her armour and shield. That is an almost unbreakeable defense agaisnt anyone who can't speedblitz.

Holy mother of... you know what. That's the second time in half an hour that I've screwed that up.

Even without the speed advantage,which I just discovered that she actually doesn't have, there's still all those other reasons which haven't been explained. Wonder Woman has fought people like Luke before. Luke offers nothing new. Wonder Woman offers something new to Luke. She has such a vast array of equipment that can be used to mess up his day, oodles and caboodles of fighting experiance against extremely powerful beings (i.e. Ares, Doomsday, Steppenwolf), whereas the most powerful enemy non-Kronos Luke has faced is... uh.... The Hydra. Luke has trained nearly his whole life (about 15 years). Wonder Woman has fought for her life for the last hundred years, and faced down a WHOLE FRICKEN ARMY by herself. Luke can teleport? Big whoop. So could Ares. Diana didn't care.

Oh.... wait.... yeah! Yeah, that makes sense. But, in that occasion, wasn't it a god weilding the blade, and he had to fully cut Kronos into little tiny pieces, so it's not a OSK.

But then, on the flip side, that was a Titan that was getting his essense scattered. Diana, for all her badassetry, is not a Titan. Not even close. And even weakened Backbiter could do some serious damage.

Backbiter is half-steel and half-celestial bronze, and can harm humans.

Percy also felt deliriousness when grazed. I also vaguely remember something like "severing their soul from their body".

But wouldn't Percy have resistance to soul manip then?

Hey, wait, I found something! In The Battle of the Labryinth, an elder telkhine, a very powerful monster chastises another elder for almost dropping Kronos's scythe. There is no one around, he is not spouting propaganda, and he forged the damn thing, so he should know. His exact words were...

"Careful, fool! One touch, and the blade will sever the soul from your body!"

That is a powerful monster clearly saying that Backbiter does have such power. It is an OSK weapon. I've just never seen it used. What about, for the sake of argument, we call Percy resisting it's power, then pulling off such an incrediable feat is inconsistency, because how else were they gonna keep their titular character alive?

I'm actually leaning towards Luke now. However, Wonder Woman's superior strength and skill still keep me tentitivly in her camp.

Final vote: Luke. Backbiter is simply too powerful, and with speed equalized, Luke will eventually final a way around Diana's defense. It'll be close, but I'm giving it to Luke.

If he grazes her, then he still cause her to falter if she has strong soul manip resist, in the movies nothing implies she has soul manip resist. Vote towards the backbiter

I'll go Luke FRA then, which coincidentally includes reasons I myself mentioned and just didn't bother to vote for.

Back