• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wonder of U is canonly the strongest stand in Jojoverse(canon)?

From JoJolion Volume 27: Author's Note - Hirohiko Araki (September 2021)

E-e-HZQYXEAYf-M-g.jpg

Araki mention Calamity is the strongest ability. So this conclude that WOU is the strongest stand?

Well GER ain't a normal stand but a requiem so i think this could mean WOU is the strongest normal stand.

Then again, WOU is also a little weird, since he is apparentely calamity personified and tooru having it as a stand was less of a manifestation and more him being able to make calamity answer him.

He even survives after tooru's death because he is more reliant on the idea of calamity and it's energy than tooru.

Seriously how the **** did tooru get a stand this stupid?

Oh yeah, just gotta wait for him to get a profile, seriously wonder of u is like RTZ but offensive

Considering what Araki said in that first paragraph, he's probably referring to calamity and WoU as the strongest villain in JoJo, rather than just the strongest stand in all of canon. But even if you say that, GER simply has better feats than WoU as well as multiple guidebook statements saying how 'GER is the Ultimate Stand' or 'RTZ is the Ultimate Stand ability'. WoU still has quite a long way to go before you can put him > GER.

Still, like Thelastmlg said, WoU ain't a normal stand, dude's described as the calamity itself in energy form, with that calamity being stated to be a natural law that can never go away as well as the Calamity being said to be the World's logic itself, which allows the stand to carry on existing after Tooru's death.

There's even some fate manipulation shit going on, as attacks within the flow of calamity are completely unavoidable, certain actions are guaranteed to occur once you're in the flow and the flow was likened to 'fate being particularly unlucky' for the target.

So yeah, WoU is pretty ******* busted. I wouldn't say it's the strongest stand in all of canon cos GER but you can definitely say WoU is the strongest villain in JoJo canon.

Last edited:
Well GER ain't a normal stand but a requiem so i think this could mean WOU is the strongest normal stand.

Then again, WOU is also a little weird, since he is apparentely calamity personified and tooru having it as a stand was less of a manifestation and more him being able to make calamity answer him.

He even survives after tooru's death because he is more reliant on the idea of calamity and it's energy than tooru.

Seriously how the **** did tooru get a stand this stupid?

Oh yeah, just gotta wait for him to get a profile, seriously wonder of u is like RTZ but offensive
So what can it do to make it so strong?

It makes no sense for it to be the strongest Stand in general (even in its own Part considering Soft and Wet: Go Beyond is easily capable of bypassing it) so the statement is probably just referring to the antagonists.

It makes no sense for it to be the strongest Stand in general (even in its own Part considering Soft and Wet: Go Beyond is easily capable of bypassing it) so the statement is probably just referring to the antagonists.
I mean, the way that Softand Wet could get rid of it its due the new bubbles that transcend the logic and ''doesnt exist'', but Wonder of U ability still is the most powerful, but whatever

Considering what Araki said in that first paragraph, he's probably referring to calamity and WoU as the strongest villain in JoJo, rather than just the strongest stand in all of canon. But even if you say that, GER simply has better feats than WoU as well as multiple guidebook statements saying how 'GER is the Ultimate Stand' or 'RTZ is the Ultimate Stand ability'. WoU still has quite a long way to go before you can put him > GER.

Still, like Thelastmlg said, WoU ain't a normal stand, dude's described as the calamity itself in energy form, with that calamity being stated to be a natural law that can never go away as well as the Calamity being said to be the World's logic itself, which allows the stand to carry on existing after Tooru's death.

There's even some fate manipulation shit going on, as attacks within the flow of calamity are completely unavoidable, certain actions are guaranteed to occur once you're in the flow and the flow was likened to 'fate being particularly unlucky' for the target.

So yeah, WoU is pretty ******* busted. I wouldn't say it's the strongest stand in all of canon cos GER but you can definitely say WoU is the strongest villain in JoJo canon.
(I haven't read p8 so please forgive me for my lack of info) so would you say that outside of requiem stands, WoU is also the strongest stand (outside of just being the strongest antagonist stand)?

I mean, the way that Softand Wet could get rid of it its due the new bubbles that transcend the logic and ''doesnt exist'', but Wonder of U ability still is the most powerful, but whatever
The flow of logic is the flow of calamity, if GB transcends logic then it transcends WoU by default so it is "stronger" than WoU because it transcends the fundamental force behind WoU.

The flow of logic is the flow of calamity, if GB transcends logic then it transcends WoU by default so it is "stronger" than WoU because it transcends the fundamental force behind WoU.
It just makes that it isnt affected by WoU ability, but thats all

It's not affected because it transcends the very thing behind WoU, pretty sure that makes it stronger.
flow of calamity is not something with ''attack potency'', its just the matter of the events happening, transcending it doesnt means that you are stronger

flow of calamity is not something with ''attack potency'', its just the matter of the events happening, transcending it doesnt means that you are stronger
When was I talking about attack potency? I'm pretty sure Araki isn't either. The flow of calamity IS WoU. It transcends the very foundation of WoU by transcending the flow of calamity so therefore it's "stronger". Soft and Wet: Go Beyond literally goes beyond WoU and dominates it completely.

Y'all forgetting one detail, just because josuke has a single ability that can resist the calamity, it doesn't make his stand stronger overrall, only the bubble is immune and josuke can barely control it, he himself is still vulnerable to calamity and that's really what matters when your stand is reliant on you.

So yes, WOU >>> go beyond simple because the latter is just a single hard to use wincon, while WOU as a whole is pure inevitable victory.

Also the whole transcending stuff is not strength, is just the bubbles not being there to be counted as pursuing and thus affected by calamity, that's like saying an non-corporeal 9-B with is stronger than a 5-B, no, he is just untouchable.

Remember, transcending has different meanings, and this one is about being outside something rather than superior

Though he did say "strongest villain" soooo

Also link me the sandbox profile

Y'all forgetting one detail, just because josuke has a single ability that can resist the calamity, it doesn't make his stand stronger overrall, only the bubble is immune and josuke can barely control it, he himself is still vulnerable to calamity and that's really what matters when your stand is reliant on you.

So yes, WOU >>> go beyond simple because the latter is just a single hard to use wincon, while WOU as a whole is pure inevitable victory.

Also the whole transcending stuff is not strength, is just the bubbles not being there to be counted as pursuing and thus affected by calamity, that's like saying an non-corporeal 9-B with is stronger than a 5-B, no, he is just untouchable.

Remember, transcending has different meanings, and this one is about being outside something rather than superior

Though he did say "strongest villain" soooo

Also link me the sandbox profile

Few things need tweaking, like the selective invisibility (actually perception manip) and especially the flow/luck shit given I'm now on Part 7 in gathering fate scans, and there's a lot of shit that in retrospect, WoU is clearly linked toward (plus we have a dura calc that could be used for him). But it is what it is.

Few things need tweaking, like the selective invisibility (actually perception manip) and especially the flow/luck shit given I'm now on Part 7 in gathering fate scans, and there's a lot of shit that in retrospect, WoU is clearly linked toward (plus we have a dura calc that could be used for him). But it is what it is.
nice i was once finding a WoU profile so i can do a match. a funny little match

Haven't read Jojolion completely yet but from what I have read on the wiki he becomes capable of controlling it properly

Close. He can activate it at will now but he can't aim it, he can only hit a stationary target up close (within a few feet) or he needs help from Paisley.
He can barely control it, hitting a moving target or a far target would be extremely difficult.

the statement's obv just referring to jojo villains
and besides if we're going with statements like that then Star Platinum>GER>Star Platinum>Ger>Star Platinum....

Haven't read Jojolion at all, but just curious, how would Tooru compare to HA DIO?
Probably still weaker, hard to say, his ability is explicitly automatic and stuff, but HA dio resisted and nulled ger's who is too.

But WOU uses a law of the world itself, so if we assume that RO >>> any canon stand than i think only post absorption dio could null it due to his range and lack of contact needed

Probably still weaker, hard to say, his ability is explicitly automatic and stuff, but HA dio resisted and nulled ger's who is too.

But WOU uses a law of the world itself, so if we assume that RO >>> any canon stand than i think only post absorption dio could null it due to his range and lack of contact needed
well, eyes of heaven isn't canon so the GER thing is questionable

Yeah but he asked for HA dio so canon doesn't matter, since we assume ger works like in canon.

Though i forgot he lost the resist to causality manip, and his infinite is likely so yeah.

Yeah i'm neutral about it on second thought

Yeah but he asked for HA dio so canon doesn't matter, since we assume ger works like in canon.

Though i forgot he lost the resist to causality manip, and his infinite is likely so yeah.

Yeah i'm neutral about it on second thought
if we're taking the GER thing as valid then why don't they give him resistance to causality manipulation?

He had, them we saw that he nulled it rather than resisting it, which is why he has likely infinite speed
if he didn’t have resistance to it then he should have never been able to touch GER, that or the ability would have never done anything
I don’t see why they would have changed it
also if he has infinite speed then why tf did he get hit in the face by Jotaro

Oh yeah i wanted to ask it, is ger still called the besg one with the strongest ability after wou? I remember chariot mentioning that ger would get acausality 4 negation or something for being > wou and go beyond

Don't think I ever said that (you're probably thinking of cloozuma).
But the statement comes from early Part 8 (if you count noncanon hype, mid part 8). So obviously before WoU who's only like 2 years old.

Still, I'd put GER above him for a handful of reasons none the less, but they're totally different anyhow, not something that you'd go A>B on.

Though GER is implied hyped above Spin to an extent, not that it means anything or can be used at all but eh.

Back