• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

William Afton page revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
it makes zero sense lol there is absolutely nothing pointing towards this
Theres absolutely nothing pointing at them being different too.
good thing that’s not what i said. william probably made a digital copy of his consciousness prior to his death. it’s fairly realistic by the standards of fnaf lore and is completely in-character for william. not nearly as stupid as william somehow turning himself into a virus during ucn and sending it out of hell through completely unknown means
How the **** is he gonna make an digital copy and transfer it to a game that was made AFTER he died? Theres holes in your logic

this is not a concrete statement. “lived on in the form of glitchtrap” could just mean that glitchtrap carried on his legacy and goals.
Nit picking.

A literal perfect copy of williams concious is literally william himself. We dont give characters new profiles because they can duplicate themselves tf?

Glitchtrap adopting Afton's signature catchphrase across the franchise is not proof that William's conscious was replicated perfectly. Glitchtrap has not been depicted on-screen enough to concretely compare its personality to that of Afton's, save for the fact that the two are (presumably) murderous and manipulative.

Glitchtrap adopting Afton's signature catchphrase across the franchise is not proof that William's conscious was replicated perfectly. Glitchtrap has not been depicted on-screen enough to concretely compare its personality to that of Afton's, save for the fact that the two are (presumably) murderous and manipulative.
Glitchtrap is called yellow bunny, manipulates vanny, tries to lure the player in to murder them like afton, stalks, “I always come back!”, very smart, stated to be a part of springtrap, his looks are similar to aftons character, the books state he is a part of afton.

Saying he is not afton is just lying at that point

No shit sherlock
then why are you saying william has escaped hell before when you mean that he left a burning building
Theres absolutely nothing pointing at them being different too.
kid named burden of proof
How the **** is he gonna make an digital copy and transfer it to a game that was made AFTER he died? Theres holes in your logic
it's generally accepted by the fnaf community that there is a separate person pulling the strings at fazbear entertainment who seems to be working towards afton's goals
A literal perfect copy of williams concious is literally william himself. We dont give characters new profiles because they can duplicate themselves tf?
what about data sora

then why are you saying william has escaped hell before when you mean that he left a burning building
I meant its IC for him to escape.
kid named burden of proof
I do have some hints towards it atleast.
it's generally accepted by the fnaf community that there is a separate person pulling the strings at fazbear entertainment who seems to be working towards afton's goals
So u are using fan theories?
Maybe because of them being completely two different characters in abilities? At this point I dont ******* know tbh-
Glitchtrap also has different abilities true but the burntrap which is glitchtrap seems to be exactly springtrap with hacking addition. We need a staff member here

I meant its IC for him to escape.
sure but he also has absolutely no means of doing so. willeruhrmb making a backup of his consciousness is also 100% in character
I do have some hints towards it atleast.
that isn’t really sufficient for vsbw. same reason why gregory is treated as though he’s a human and golden freddy’s profile is separate from the one you should not have killed
So u are using fan theories?
yes. fnaf lore is literally 100% fan theories
Maybe because of them being completely two different characters in abilities? At this point I dont ******* know tbh-
that would apply to glitchtrap as well
Glitchtrap also has different abilities true but the burntrap which is glitchtrap seems to be exactly springtrap with hacking addition.
yeah but i dont care

sure but he also has absolutely no means of doing so. willeruhrmb making a backup of his consciousness is also 100% in character
which he cannot do since the game its in didnt came out
that isn’t really sufficient for vsbw. same reason why gregory is treated as though he’s a human and golden freddy’s profile is separate from the one you should not have killed
it is better than the other thing that has no hints at all
yes. fnaf lore is literally 100% fan theories
you do know glitchtrap being afton is like common knowledge now? Its very obvious
that would apply to glitchtrap as well
It does which is the reason I am confused
yeah but i dont care

which he cannot do since the game its in didnt came out
glitchtrap is a virus. it didn't need to be coded into the game, it can enter programs. as i said earlier, a third party likely assisted it, probably the same person who was pulling strings for vanny and glitchtrap at fazbear entertainment.
it is better than the other thing that has no hints at all
almost all of the "hints" you provided for william being glitchtrap can be applied to glitchtrap being a separate copy as well, it depends on how you interpret the evidence
you do know glitchtrap being afton is like common knowledge now? Its very obvious
he's obviously linked to afton in some way but the connection is vague

glitchtrap is a virus. it didn't need to be coded into the game, it can enter programs.
A virus that was created by afton as a backup plan would have nothing to do with the game though? How would afton even do that...no way he planned this whole thing while he was already a human
as i said earlier, a third party likely assisted it, probably the same person who was pulling strings for vanny and glitchtrap at fazbear entertainment.
Which has no proof
almost all of the "hints" you provided for william being glitchtrap can be applied to glitchtrap being a separate copy as well, it depends on how you interpret the evidence
Literally how? The only difference beetween them is powers and abilities. Thats literally it.
he's obviously linked to afton in some way but the connection is vague
Not vague enough to make 2 profiles

Scraptrap: His fate after the fire was revealed in Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator. He left the remains of Fazbear's Fright, and because of the damage he sustained in the fire, he presumably repaired himself, becoming Scraptrap. He eventually ended up in the Back Alley outside Freddy Fazbear's Pizza Place, where he was brought in, salvaged, and later defeated in the burning of the pizzeria as part of Henry's (his old friend) revenge and ultimate plan, while the rest of the souls were laid to rest. Only two remained; William, and the vengeful spirit.

Afterwards, the vengeful spirit refused to let William die, which was due to an act of revenge and punishment for his actions. The child trapped him in an artificial nightmare of his past, where apparitions of his creations and the many animatronics who held grudges against him proceeded to torture him for all eternity.

Glitchtrap: However, he escaped from his torment and came back once again, this time as a digital virus known as Glitchtrap, after the developers of The Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience scanned the ancient circuit boards of Scraptrap's charred remains, in which William's soul remained latched onto (due to the vengeful spirit keeping him alive in his mind), he was trapped inside the game, and wanting to get out, he invaded the mind of a beta tester, who he brainwashed into committing his evil deeds at Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex

Burntrap: Residing in the remains of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza Place, which was directly underneath the Mega Pizzaplex, William downloaded his soul into his old body in which he previously burned to death in. Vanny was able to repair and modify his original body, and after the transfer was complete, William regained his physical form and became Burntrap. He then saw two intruders, a child named Gregory and his companion Glamrock Freddy. Both of which he saw as major obsticles for his plans, and needed to be eliminated. William, somehow retaining his power from the digital realm to corrupt humans and objects through making contact with technology, attempted to take control of Glamrock Freddy through security monitors and sent the shattered and corrupted Glamrock Chica, Roxanne Wolf, and Montgomery Gator to kill Gregory. However, Gregory was able to reactivate the burning room trap in the old pizzeria that Henry used to kill William beforehand. William tried to exit to the building and pursue the escaping Glamrock Freddy and Gregory, but before he could do so, an animatronic amalgamation (or "The Blob" as referred to in the game files) grabbed him by the neck and dragged him away into the ceiling, leaving his fate unknown as of now.
what is this from?

I am done. Heres the other CRT where we discussed it

He appears to be another incarnation of Springtrap, animated by... whatever was in Springtrap, which seemingly lived on in the form of Glitchtrap. The Spring Bonnie suit has become, by this time, more tattered and degraded-and, as the name suggests, burned. He does still have one mostly intact foot though, so that's something.
Five Nights at Freddy's Character Encyclopedia, page 208
Lonkitt when you come heres our reasoning

I unfortunately can’t speak on this due to a lack of knowledge on the lore

A virus that was created by afton as a backup plan would have nothing to do with the game though? How would afton even do that...no way he planned this whole thing while he was already a human
yeah no his backup plan didn’t necessarily involve the game he probably just created a digital copy of himself as a contingency
Which has no proof
yes it does lol vanessa has no prior experience as a security guard and was only hired because our mysterious third party specifically pushed for her despite the protests of employees, the company also facilitates the actions of glitchtrap and gives him all the tools he needs to come back, and the books refer to someone pulling the strings from behind the scenes

urgghgbbghhehbgbgbggghhhhh
Literally how? The only difference beetween them is powers and abilities. Thats literally it.
idk ask data sora
Not vague enough to make 2 profiles
yeah it is, golden freddy and the one you should not have killed are separate profiles

william's extraordinary genius intelligence should only apply to science and robotics though. he makes some completely stupid mistakes throughout the series (killing his business partner's daughter, getting caught for the mci, trying to use the springlock suit against the ghosts, going to the fnaf 6 location despite knowing it was a trap)
Like I said before, I really hope that the DLC: Ruin Clarify Afton's fate
og afton needs to stay dead honestly, him coming back has gotten very old and would ruin the story of the first six games

In his defense, most people don't think straight when they're scared
he seems to think its a really good idea considering that he immediately starts laughing

its also very dumb even by those standards, william created the suits and is well aware of how dangerous they are, in addition to the ceiling having rain pouring through it
You talk like it haven't already ruined with Burntrap and the Blob
it can always get worse

Okay, my opinion on the matter:

He definitely didn’t put himself in the videogame, and had a third party’s help.

“The drawers have been emptied out. Someone was here. I don't think it was spring cleaning either. No, there was plastic on the floor. Someone was definitely here during the night. It had to have been the client. (Fazbear Entertainment) I mean, they sent us that stuff in the first place with no explanation. Told us to scan it. Said it would expedite the process so we wouldn't need to program any path finding ourselves. It was a budget thing, I guess. It was just junk, circuit boards and things like that. Looked pretty old. Somehow, though, there was usable code on some of it. It seemed to take hold by itself. Things started changing. But then he started appearing. At least, that's what Jeremy said.” -Tape 5, FNAF VR.

MARKED FOR DELETION

INTERVIEW NOTES - As requested, here are my notes on today's Chief Security Officer interview. While Vanessa seemed eager and bright, she doesn't appear to have any relevant background experience. I realize the recommendation came from the top, but we need someone who has run security for a facility of this scale. I do not recommend her for this position.” -Messages, FNAF SB

NO QUESTIONS ASKED

NEW HIRE SUMMARY - Head Security Guard. No prior qualifications. Internal reference (name withheld).” -Messages, Fnaf SB

From this we know that someone from the top is likely pulling the strings. Also, we know that Glitchtrap was likely inserted in the game through circuit boards or something similar. “It was just junk, circuit boards and things like that.” -Tape 5, FNAF VR. iirc there is further proof in AR messages, but this should be enough (And I’m too lazy to search for it).

From here we have two possible routes on how he could’ve transferred his consciousness into circuit boards:

Number first: Backup plan

William is normally depicted as someone intelligent and somewhat of a planner. It wouldn’t be out of character for him to create a digital copy of his consciousness, and he is clearly intelligent enough to. But there is one really lacking point for this possibility: evidence. We can’t just base our profile off a popular fan theory that may or may not have happened.

Number two: Springtrap

According to this theory, when springtrap was possessed by William, and after remaining there for 30+ years, the mechanisms became infused with his remnant/soul/consciousness, and that at least some of what was scanned were his circuit boards or something of the likes. This one, like the last one, also lacks a lot of evidence, but at least it has some, most notably the Five Nights at Freddy’s Character Encyclopedia, where it says that “He (Glitchtrap) appears to be another incarnation of Springtrap, animated by... whatever was in Springtrap”.

Which is the true one? I don’t know, but for the time being I think we should stick to the latter, as it has at least more evidence than the former.

And for if the profiles should be merged… I’m mostly neutral with that, but it should be noted that it seems that data sora is a recreation of the original one, while Glitchtrap is another case, as its very likely that glitchtrap is not just data, but also has a piece of William’s remnant.

So, what exactly is the consensus here? should glitchtrap merge or nah? (Which, depending on the answer with have me remaking the glitchtrap profile) i'd rather not see this become another fnaf discussion thread.

idk if they should be merged

summary should be changed to portray william and glitchtrap as separate entities since the general consensus seems to be that afton is still in hell either way and glitchtrap is like a copy or a piece of him

I'm pretty sure fredbears skull crushing feat is wall level
And if so Springtrap could compare
Also burntrap surviving getting burned was calced to be small building maybe I should make a blog for that and the skull crushing feat

Also burntrap surviving getting burned was calced to be small building maybe I should make a blog for that and the skull crushing feat
images

Anyways
The fnaf 6 fire is small building level barley

I'm gonna make a blog for that when I get the time

So we can maybe have 9-A FNAF

That was proven false a long time ago, please check the references for common feats.
Also burntrap surviving getting burned was calced to be small building
First off, link the calc.
Second, the fire wasn't an explosion, springtrap barely survived it and had to be healed by vanny, lefty dind't, molten Freddy is the only clear survivor.

That was proven false a long time ago, please check the references for common feats.

First off, link the calc.
Second, the fire wasn't an explosion, springtrap barely survived it and had to be healed by vanny, lefty dind't, molten Freddy is the only clear survivor.
Molten also only survived by absorbing the others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back