• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Will You Shatter Fate? - RP Thread

"I would rather that I go in first. I can get hurt and repair myself fine, but if any of you get hurt I don't know if I'd forgive myself..." Yuri muttered, shaking her head.

"I would rather that I go in first. I can get hurt and repair myself fine, but if any of you get hurt I don't know if I'd forgive myself..." Yuri muttered, shaking her head.
"Uh, speaking from a tactical view for once in my life and afterlife, why would we have the medic go first...? What if your killed outright?" Kuthaliara asked, very quickly moving next to Yuri, tempted to lean on her

"Uh, speaking from a tactical view for once in my life and afterlife, why would we have the medic go first...? What if your killed outright?" Kuthaliara asked, very quickly moving next to Yuri, tempted to lean on her
"Oh, I am very difficult to kill me. Combat medicine is my speciality, so you shouldn't worry about me being on the Frontlines." Yuri assured, nodding.

“Exactly why I made my offer. If my shikigami takes damage it can be desummoned and allowed to heal at almost anytime. They can’t get too far away from me but it could be get an idea of the immediate area.”

“Exactly why I made my offer. If my shikigami takes damage it can be desummoned and allowed to heal at almost anytime. They can’t get too far away from me but it could be get an idea of the immediate area.”
"Shiki... gami." Yuri tried to wrap her head around that for a moment, before nodding.

"I suppose you could do that, yes. What shiki.. gami, do you have at your disposal, exactly?"

"Oh, I am very difficult to kill me. Combat medicine is my speciality, so you shouldn't worry about me being on the Frontlines." Yuri assured, nodding.
"And if you're killed outright? I'd be kinda sad if that happened you know." Kuthaliara said, breathing out "The Shikigami should work."

"Shiki... gami." Yuri tried to wrap her head around that for a moment, before nodding.

"I suppose you could do that, yes. What shiki.. gami, do you have at your disposal, exactly?"
Hikaru summoned his shikigami for the others to see. It was vaguely humanoid in shape without much in the way of details beyond the bright white eyes. It seemed to be formed of some kind of energy and hovered a few inches of the ground. “This is the Shikigami I was given along with my powers. Got plenty of tricks for combat but is also great for doing some scouting. Like I said before any danger and I can immediately return them to safety.” He said excited to put his new skills to use.

Hikaru summoned his shikigami for the others to see. It was vaguely humanoid in shape without much in the way of details beyond the bright white eyes. It seemed to be formed of some kind of energy and hovered a few inches of the ground. “This is the Shikigami I was given along with my powers. Got plenty of tricks for combat but is also great for doing some scouting. Like I said before any danger and I can immediately return them to safety.” He said excited to put his new skills to use.
"I see? And is it sentient? Do you know if it's sentient? Or do you control its autonomy? Do you share 5 senses, or does it relay information to you through language after you summon it back to you? How long can you maintain it?" Yuri began bombarding him with questions. Clearly she had let her curiosity get the best of her.

"I see? And is it sentient? Do you know if it's sentient? Or do you control its autonomy? Do you share 5 senses, or does it relay information to you through language after you summon it back to you? How long can you maintain it?" Yuri began bombarding him with questions. Clearly she had let her curiosity get the best of her.
Hikaru smiled clearly happy to have someone to speak about his interest too. “All shikigami are different as for this one here they do possess their own sentience. As for control the binding does allow for me to take fully take control however as far as I can see it’s mostly unnecessary. This one seems to obey my commands without me exerting any kind of influence. We seem to be able to share and understand each other mentally. Not quite sharing senses but it will suffice. Finally I don’t have an exact time for you but I can maintain the summoning for quite a while without it becoming a burden. Easily the majority of the day. Although continuous extremely strenuous activity could shorten my timer a bit.”

"Hm... Very intriguing! I would like to examine your shikigami one day, but, I don't believe we have the time. Using it to scout definitely seems to be the more efficient option." Yuri said, nodding.

A blast of blue light and energy released itself from the inscriptions on the door, the sound of the door opening itself emanating throughout the space.

"Speak of the devil... You're a prophet, Hikaru." Yuri joked.

“So it would seem.” He says with a small smirk as he walks to the door with his shikigami trailing just behind. Stopping right before the door he says, “Right then, time to get to work. Go see what’s out there and tell me what you find.” The shikigami responds with a barely noticeable nod and starts through the door.

@Dragoonseraphim
Beyond the door lay what seem to be a forest with dark clouds eclipsing over it, making light within it very scarce, as if it was trapped within permanent darkness from an overabundance of gray clouds. The trees were very tall and the branches held very... eccentric plants, mostly weirdly glowing mushrooms and fungi. The soil was less like soil and more like carpet or fur, the ground beneath feeling quite soft for Hikaru's Shikigami.

The shikigami reported their findings back to Hikaru who relayed them to the rest of the group. At the same time he had the shikigami continue exploring. He wanted to clear a circular perimeter around the door to try and catch any dangers in the immediate area.

As the Shikigami tried to traverse further into the forest, it was seemingly immediately dispelled by a massive EXPLOSION of energy that reverberated even to the group who still stood behind the now opened door, as if an earthquake of uncanny proportions had just went off... Clearly something didn't want them snooping around so clearly.

"A-Ah...!" Yuri stepped back from the explosion of power, "What the heck...!?"

Ashe...a split second before the explosion occurred, seemed to recoil visibly, his eyes glowing a deep blue, before quickly returning to normal. The man, slightly shaken, quickly rubbed his eyes, drops of seawater spilling from his skin.

"...I reckon that...spirit man...ain't taking us much further. Guess even magic got its limits..." Ashe said.

"...Still...that was more powerful than a rolling thunder...is it another one of them...future weapons?"

“Damn,” Hikaru said as he pulled out the talisman that held his Shikigami. It briefly flashed as the Shikigami returned to it to rest and heal, “I’m sorry. Get some rest,” he said to them even though he was pretty sure they couldn’t hear him right now. Turning to address the group he continued, “So much for that plan. Really wish we could have done more to help but it looks like we’ll be with my friends help for a while. Which means my combat capabilities won’t be at max either. Don’t even know where that came from either massive explosion out of nowhere right before their thoughts cut off.” He let out a frustrated sigh.

Ashe...a split second before the explosion occurred, seemed to recoil visibly, his eyes glowing a deep blue, before quickly returning to normal. The man, slightly shaken, quickly rubbed his eyes, drops of seawater spilling from his skin.

"...I reckon that...spirit man...ain't taking us much further. Guess even magic got its limits..." Ashe said.

"...Still...that was more powerful than a rolling thunder...is it another one of them...future weapons?"
"We can't confirm... Just brace yourself..." Loka said.

“Damn,” Hikaru said as he pulled out the talisman that held his Shikigami. It briefly flashed as the Shikigami returned to it to rest and heal, “I’m sorry,” he said to them even though he was pretty sure they couldn’t hear him right now. Turning to address the group he continued, “So much for that plan. Really wish we could have done more to help but it looks like we’ll be with my friends help for a while. Which means my combat capabilities won’t be at max either. Don’t even know where that came from either massive explosion out of nowhere right before their thoughts cut off.” He let out a frustrated sigh.
"Don't worry, Hikaru. It's risky, but, we can explore ourselves, as a group..." Yuri said, placing a gentle hand onto Hikaru's shoulder in comfort.

"We can't confirm... Just brace yourself..." Loka said.
Ashe looked at Loka for a moment, before slowly nodding, more seawater spilling across his pale skin. He was clearly a bit worried, though beneath the trepidation, laid a notable glint of excitement. He had already experienced more here than he had in years, in his time alive.

"A-alright then,...I'll do my best, mister." Ashe said.

Ashe looked at Loka for a moment, before slowly nodding, more seawater spilling across his pale skin. He was clearly a bit worried, though beneath the trepidation, laid a notable glint of excitement. He had already experienced more here than he had in years, in his time alive.

"A-alright then,...I'll do my best, mister." Ashe said.
"Loka's the name, kid..." he replied.

"Don't worry, Hikaru. It's risky, but, we can explore ourselves, as a group..." Yuri said, placing a gentle hand onto Hikaru's shoulder in comfort.
“Thanks, Yuri. I’ll do whatever I can,” He said feeling a bit better, “We need to be on guard at all times. Being able to force my Shikigami back to its talisman in one shot is no easy feat. Watch each others backs.” He advised. This also served as a lesson to him. Shikigami were powerful but he couldn’t rely on them completely. He needed to be strong enough to fight as well so he could support them in battle and protect himself without them.

"Do prepare." Hyde said, he hadn't gotten much from that, but it certainly was enough to come to some hypotheses

"Well let's go then, why are we just waiting around?" Kuthaliara said, pacing at this point

"Patience, I'll go first." Drew said, turning to walk through the door to secure the other side

"...Leuska...L..loika....Loka!" Ashe muttered to himself, trying to find the correct pronunciation. He was, inwardly, glad it was easier to sound out than Hikaru's was.

"...Nice to meet ya, Loka. My pa' named me Ashe." He said, flashing him a small smile.
"Pleasure's all mine, Ashe... Now get ready..." he said, slowly walking through the door alongside the others

"I suppose we should head on now..." Yuri muttered, being the first to take a step forward onto the soft ground of the dark forest.

Ashe hesitated for a moment, before quickly stepping onto the grass alongside the others, his legs trembling ever so slightly as he continue his attempt to balance himself on his newfound legs.

"...It's like I'm on an adventure...like those... heroes, pa used to tell me about..." Ashe muttered.

Back