• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Will Skibidi Toilet be Allowed on VSBW?

Previously, it was accepted that Skibidi Toilet cannot have profiles on VSBW due to the use of characters such as G-Man, which are owned by Valve (and maybe some other reasons idk i didn't really pay much attention to that thread). However,

If this is true, we may need to reconsider that stance. God help us all.

Previously, it was accepted that Skibidi Toilet cannot have profiles on VSBW due to the use of characters such as G-Man, which are owned by Valve (and maybe some other reasons idk i didn't really pay much attention to that thread). However,

If this is true, we may need to reconsider that stance. God help us all.

If this is real and we get profiles, i will laugh to the point of truely dying

For an honest answer, I'm pretty sure that franchise is still a meme therefore meant to be for jokes and all. With that said, it'll also spark controversy and overall won't be so appropriate for hosting on our wiki.

If this tweet is real then yes.
For an honest answer, I'm pretty sure that franchise is still a meme therefore meant to be for jokes and all. With that said, it'll also spark controversy and overall won't be so appropriate for hosting on our wiki.
How will SKIBIDI TOILET, a series about disembodied heads in toilets singing a goofy song spark controversy? This makes 0 sense.

If it is officially licensed then it meets criteria to be on the wiki, especially since it already has a story and is notable enough.

Also franchises being memes have never barred a verse from being on the wiki? I have never heard of this.

I approve.

Cringe
9k.png

Scaling..... has changed.

It's no longer about hax, calcs, or dimensionality. It's an endless series of downgrade battles, fought by Calc Members and blue names.
Scaling--and it's consumption of time--has become a well-oiled machine.
Scaling has changed.
Color-tagged users carry verse-tagged calcs, use verse-tagged UES. Scans inside their imgur accounts enhance and regulate their debating.
Staff control, Scan control, Calc control, CRT control…everything is monitored and kept under control.
Scaling…has changed.
The age of wank has become the age of downplay, all in the name of averting catastrophe for the reputation of the wiki, and he who controls the pages, controls the wiki.
Scaling…has changed.
When the wiki is under total control, downplay becomes routine.

If this tweet is real then yes.

How will SKIBIDI TOILET, a series about disembodied heads in toilets singing a goofy song spark controversy? This makes 0 sense.
Well, here's this. It is also seen to be disturbing and unsettling by various people. Then again, I'm not saying it should be strictly controversial but it may potentially spark controversy due to its memetic cringy nature, and perhaps other factors as well.
Also franchises being memes have never barred a verse from being on the wiki? I have never heard of this.

It says that pages written strictly as a joke is not to be hosted on this wiki, which includes memes.
Imagine seeing a message "Messages have been posted since you loaded this page. View them?" and you see DDM saying "cringe" after you click on it. I laughed my ass off, bro :ROFLMAO:

It says that pages written strictly as a joke is not to be hosted on this wiki, which includes memes.
Pages written as a joke, not VERSES that started out as a meme (in fact there is 0 proof that it’s intention was to just be a meme, I don’t know where people get this). Skibidi Toilet has meme status, yes, but that does not mean DaFuqBoom made it as a joke, what is this relation?
Goku memes like “I solo you.” And what not are very popular, do we not allow verses because they have big memes?
Well, here's this. It is also seen to be disturbing and unsettling by various people. Then again, I'm not saying it should be strictly controversial but it may potentially spark controversy due to its memetic cringy nature, and perhaps other factors as well.
No? What is this insane bias. How is Skibidi Toilet more disturbing than any of the other series on the wiki that feature gore, blood, and other actually unsettling content?

1. Skibidi toilet isn't disturbing, that shit is seen by literal toddlers (god I hate nu internet), AND Skibidi toilet crossover brainrot is pretty sane all things considered
2. Verses being "memes" don't stop a verse from being introduced, specially when it hypothetically gets a ******* movie directed by michael bay (it isn't happening, or atleast in a sane world)
3. Skibidi toilet being in the wiki is more sane than sonic being ******* 7-D

oh,that was supposed to be a joke that i was not gonna post,but i missclicked.
apolgies for what im about to say but...
HOW THE F#CK IS SKIBIDI TOILET DISTURBING?!
WHO THE HELL GETS SCARED BY A BUNCH OF DISEMBODIED HEADS,ON A TOILET
HELL,WE HAVE FNAF AND BERSERK ON THE WIKI!
HOW THE HELL IS THIS CONSIDERED "DISTURBING"?!

Personally, as long as the fanmade spin-offs of it aren't included, I don't see why the verse shouldn't be allowed.

We already have ascended fanon on the site such as Big Chungus, the rule to disallow "joke stuff" pertains pages written as a joke (aka, anything in Joke Battles Wiki), not pages whose subject may be questionable yet still indexed properly, which is why stuff like Pepe and Barney the Dinosaur remain on the site.

I think the problem regarding the rights behind the characters designs will probably be solved by the series itself changing their designs or even convincing Valve (somehow) to collaborate with the project

I'm about to put more thought into Skibidi Toilet than any person ever should, but it seems to be like:
  • Has an original plot, check
  • Has original characters, check
  • Massively popular, check
So the issue comes from using the character models of Half-Life characters. So, the question is, does that make it Half-Life fanfic?

Putting my dislike of the series aside... I gotta say, sadly, no.

The characters in ST that use Half-Life models don't seem to be those characters. They're using their likeness for their original characters, but they don't exist within the same universe and are not trying to BE G-Man or whoever.

The closest thing I can compare to it is The Most Popular Girls In School, a webseries that uses stop-motion, mutilated Barbie dolls for it's cast.

We have profiles for it on the wiki that have existed since 2017. Because it uses Barbie dolls doesn't really make it Barbie fanfiction, does it? Is there a difference between using Barbie dolls and using G-Mod models for the looks of a character?

So my thoughts, as a Skibidi Hater, are that the main series is a tough case for using Half-Life models, but is definitely isn't Half-Life fanfiction. None of that is trying to be apart of the Half-Life universe. They are default models in the animation program used to make the series. If that outlaws it, fair enough. May also have to crack down on TMPGIS but whatever.

However... the currently released mobile game and MICHAEL BAY MOVIE shouldn't even be a question. Those should be allowed without issue. The mobile game uses non-Half-Life models and the Michael Bay movie is sure to have all it's copyright issues scrubbed away if it's gonna make it to bigscreens across the globe.

The characters in ST that use Half-Life models don't seem to be those characters. They're using their likeness for their original characters, but they don't exist within the same universe and are not trying to BE G-Man or whoever.
The closest thing I can compare to it is The Most Popular Girls In School, a webseries that uses stop-motion, mutilated Barbie dolls for it's cast.

We have profiles for it on the wiki that have existed since 2017. Because it uses Barbie dolls doesn't really make it Barbie fanfiction, does it? Is there a difference between using Barbie dolls and using G-Mod models for the looks of a character?

So my thoughts, as a Skibidi Hater, are that the main series is a tough case for using Half-Life models, but is definitely isn't Half-Life fanfiction. None of that is trying to be apart of the Half-Life universe. They are default models in the animation program used to make the series. If that outlaws it, fair enough. May also have to crack down on TMPGIS but whatever.
8 bit theater was removed for the same reason

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⠤⠤⣄⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣾⣟⠳⢦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠒⣲⡄
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⡇⡇⡱⠲⢤⣀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀1984⠀⣠⠴⠊⢹⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢻⠓⠀⠉⣥⣀⣠⠞⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡴⠋⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⡾⣄⠀⠀⢳⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⢠⡄⢀⡴⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡞⠀
⠀⠀⠀⣠⢎⡉⢦⡀⠀⠀⡸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡼⣣⠧⡼⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠇⠀
⠀⢀⡔⠁⠀⠙⠢⢭⣢⡚⢣⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣇⠁⢸⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀
⠀⡞⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢫⡉⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⢮⠈⡦⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⠀⠀
⢀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢦⡀⣀⡴⠃⠀⡷⡇⢀⡴⠋⠉⠉⠙⠓⠒⠃⠀⠀
⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠁⠀⠀⡼⠀⣷⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡞⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡰⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⢧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠣⣀⠀⠀⡰⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀