• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why isn't DB Kai used for scaling DBZ and Super?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems most of the arguments can be boiled down to , well it has filler and parts arent in the manga so we jump to the conclusion that its diverting from the show. Even though again as I touched up on some of these fillers explain key plot points in the show that the manga didnt even touch up on. So no, If you can show me a point in time where the main canon was contradicted I.E in Z where goku took on Mystic gohan in Buu and then was scared of super buu that would be a contradiction to the established canon. Nothing in Kai remotely has that as the filler present is still canon as its connected to the main storyline in the show anyways. So unless you can provide me a solid example that isn't the freiza example then I dont see your points as valid as there isnt much proving that kai diverts from the main canon.

Well, the main issue is that our standard praxis is to use the original canon, but the only difference would be that some Buu saga characters would become 4-A if we used Kai instead.

@Matthew & Dark649

What do you think?

Okay then. Perhaps we should close this thread.

If the rule is that we strictly follow the original manga, then I am fine. I just want to clear that Kai having some differences from the manga does not mean it is contradicting. Like Gregory and Piccolo's doppelganger were not in the manga but they were made by Toriyama for the anime. Akira did have involvement, we don't know how much.

Kai was branded as his version. (I am personally fine with whatever we follow.)

Canon 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back