• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is LoS Dracula scaled to mainline Dracula?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You haven’t remotely proven that it’s not a connected multiverse. Judgement/Curse of Darkness and Word of God goes against your point. Can you provide any evidence that they’re not a connected multiverse in the slightest or are you just going off of your own headcanon because I’m waiting for actual evidence that these statements are contradicted.

You haven’t remotely proven that it’s not a connected multiverse. Judgement/Curse of Darkness and Word of God goes against your point. Can you provide any evidence that they’re not a connected multiverse in the slightest or are you just going off of your own headcanon because I’m waiting for actual evidence that these statements are contradicted.
Well, let's be clear, you have one statement and it's from Adi Shankar, who never worked on any of the games.

The only statement from someone who worked on the games regarding this actually directly rejects this approach:

Fan: You mentioned Legend of Cornell was an alternate continuity. However, Cornell appears in Castlevania Judgment, which I believe is not an alternate continuity. How does that work? is he from a different universe than the other characters? It is not really explained in the game itself so I was hoping you could give some clarification on the issue.

IGA: Judgment is a work that surpasses space and time and brings them together.
Without thinking about it too deeply, he has simply been chosen because he’s a character that pervades the series. I don't know if that's the kind of answer you were looking for, but that's about the size of it.

Fan:I get it. So, is the explanation I suggested in the previous reply possibly correct?

IGA: I don't think it's exactly correct. Judgment is a work born of thinking it would be fun to remove all the hedges and bring characters that appeared throughout the series together. I think that you need to view it as an event from another world which does not consider things like timelines or parallel dimensions at all.

Thinking of main continuity and Legend of Cornell as being two separate universes in a connected multiverse that came together during the events of Judgment is directly rebuffed by Igarashi. If anything, we would say Judgment is a third and separate continuity all its own that simply ignores those things.

So, Adi is the only source of this concept, and he never worked on a single Castlevania game. Even if this were a connected multiverse, that wouldn't be a good enough reason to scale anything universally across the multiverse without canonical information saying it was identical across the multiverse, as there's no reason why -- if Chaos is actually part of LoS -- it would be identical to the chaos in other continuities.

Thinking of main continuity and Legend of Cornell as being two separate universes in a connected multiverse that came together during the events of Judgment is directly rebuffed by Igarashi. If anything, we would say Judgment is a third and separate continuity all its own that simply ignores those things.
Judgment is an event that canon within the whole thing.

Galamoth and Time reaper are from the Kid Dracula game, which is set 10,000 years in the future.

In Judgment the Time Reaper is sent 10,000 years into the future to destroy everything manufactured by time for Galamoth to assume as Lord of Darkness.

In SOTN we have the boss Galamoth, with the description "A demon coveting the throne of king of the Demon World in a 10,000 year plane."

As the IGA says "Judgment is a work that surpasses space and time and brings them together."

@Deagonx and a statement from Koji Igarashi, one of the main creators of Castlevania that says the games that aren’t canon share the same worldview despite being in alternate realities. Also stop taking what Igarashi said out of context, he never said that they aren’t connected, he said the crossover game is not taking into account different timelines and world because the plot exists in a neutral universe made by the Time reaper.

@Deagonx and a statement from Koji Igarashi, one of the main creators of Castlevania that says the games that aren’t canon share the same worldview despite being in alternate realities.
Sharing the same worldview =/= "connected multiverse" or "chaos is always identical."

he never said that they aren’t connected
Okay, but he never said they were. No one did. Except a guy who worked on the Netflix show.

Yeah, so, imma have to stop you peeps. This is a question and answers thread. The question was answered, even if unsatisfactory for OP, that's the current accepted answer. To change this, a content revision thread should be made.

Will be closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back