• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why doesn't going into space grant Resistance to Extreme Cold anymore?

Then the superhuman resists the cold. Resistance to cold. gg.
Provided anyone capable of producing heat gets cold resistance by the same reasoning...

And that DT?
I would call it low pressure, rather than durability negation.

Anyway, it's important to note that the resistance will be so minor that it will never be effective against basically any ice attack ever. And profiles should reflect that. (Especially if we start listing it for fish)

Dark Matter is a hypothetical topic yes and I've heard about it numerous times, but at the same time. No one actually knows if Dark Matter actually exists same with Antimatter or Negative Energy. They could exist yes, but in the mean time; they're all things that have only been hypothesized and never things objectively proven to actually exist. And that once again does not address my other point(s).
Antimatter isn't hypothetical, though. They literally made antihydrogen in CERN with the possibility of antihelium having been made in the ISS.: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimatter

They even put a price tag on antimatter. What are you on, mate?

Antimatter isn't hypothetical, though. They literally made antihydrogen in CERN with the possibility of antihelium having been made in the ISS.: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimatter

They even put a price tag on antimatter. What are you on, mate?
Dark Matter is a hypothetical topic yes and I've heard about it numerous times, but at the same time. No one actually knows if Dark Matter actually exists same with Antimatter or Negative Energy. They could exist yes, but in the mean time; they're all things that have only been hypothesized and never things objectively proven to actually exist. And that once again does not address my other point(s).
I suppose you are being confused.

I suppose you are being confused.
I don't think they are!

“One common misconception is that outer space is cold, but in truth, space itself has no temperature. In thermodynamic terms, temperature is a function of heat energy in a given amount of matter, and space by definition has no mass. Furthermore, heat transfer cannot occur the same way in space, since two of the three methods of heat transfer (conduction and convection) cannot occur without matter.

What does this mean for a person in space without a spacesuit? Because thermal radiation (the heat of the stove that you can feel from a distance, or from the Sun’s rays) becomes the predominant process for heat transfer, one might feel slightly warm if directly exposed to the Sun’s radiation, or slightly cool if shaded from sunlight, where the person’s own body will radiate away heat. Even if you were dropped off in deep space where a thermometer might read 2.7 Kelvin (-455°F, the temperature of the “cosmic microwave background” leftover from the Big Bang that permeates the Universe), you would not instantly freeze because heat transfer cannot occur as rapidly by radiation alone.”

“The absence of normal atmospheric pressure (the air pressure found at Earth’s surface) is probably of greater concern than temperature to an individual exposed to the vacuum of space [1]. Upon sudden decompression in vacuum, expansion of air in a person’s lungs is likely to cause lung rupture and death unless that air is immediately exhaled. Decompression can also lead to a possibly fatal condition called ebullism, where reduced pressure of the environment lowers the boiling temperature of body fluids and initiates transition of liquid water in the bloodstream and soft tissues into water vapor [2]. At minimum, ebullism will cause tissue swelling and bruising due to the formation of water vapor under the skin; at worst, it can give rise to an embolism, or blood vessel blockage due to gas bubbles in the bloodstream.”
What I'm trying to convey is that if we aim to establish a 10-hour standard as the default, you'll definitely have to include every factor as a requirement to ensure resistance to AZ. This also involves addressing cases where the resistance to AZ is not met, whether they are relatively close or distant from the Sun or a heating star.
Outer Space isn’t Absolute Zero though. It is like in the -400 degree F temperature wise.

while lots of places in outerspace are AZ,
Just a note. Outer Space is near Absolute Zero temperature so you not right as mentioned already to Dread.

Edit: Done some readjustments and remove a comment of my regarding Dark Energy and Dark Matter.

Last edited:
I also wonder why only radiation resistance and sustenance survive in space.

Like, I don't know much about this, but when someone is in space (without protective clothing) doesn't they implode or something? Don't more internal things happen in the person's body that kill them because of being in a "vacuum"?

How can radiation resistance and self-sustenance (which just comes from not needing to breathe) make someone resist these other things?
Because for once, the lack of oxygen (it is a vaccum, it doesn’t have the same atmospheric conditions as our Earth) combined with other specific things.

Also technically self sustenance will cover that part as not having a need to breath (In the case of humans, the usage of our lungs more specifically) and not getting imploded is something to note.

Last edited:
What is the point of the conversation? DDM is referring to Dark Matter, if you are going to nitpick it, be my guest.

What is the point of the conversation? DDM is referring to Dark Matter, if you are going to nitpick it, be my guest.
Let's break down DDM's paragraph then!
Dark Matter is a hypothetical topic yes and I've heard about it numerous times, but at the same time. No one actually knows if Dark Matter actually exists
Pretty simple, establishing that Dark matter is a hypothetical.
same with Antimatter or Negative Energy.
And here's where you screwed up Dread, DDM is saying Antimatter and Negative Energy are ALSO hypotheticals, they aren't saying Antimatter, Negative Energy, and Dark Matter are the same thing.
They could exist yes, but in the mean time; they're all things that have only been hypothesized and never things objectively proven to actually exist.
And this here solidifies DDM was talking about different concepts, constantly referring to "they"(Plural) instead of "it"(singular), but there's more! "They're all things" two uses of Plural Nouns, and DDM also says "things" again, another Plural Noun.

You are objectively wrong Dread, accept it or not, you misread DDM's post on the matter.

I told you, be my guest. You can nitpick it. It is not really a significant, centred focus on what he is trying to convey his point.

And I am not misreading, except, I am willing to understand what he is trying to convey a message – not trying to say he is absolutely right, because this is not what it matters.

If each side-detail matters for you to dismiss his point, be my guest, but I understood what he totally says, even if those minor details are false, the point is still beyond this.

Oh, that's it? If this is your whole mission, I should have finished my coffee then. And I thought something is worth to be considered.

I am not "miconstructing" anything, I just don't take his word by word to understand the message.

Also, misconstructing is not a word, but I could understand it regardless. See? The understanding comes from the context, and not from details.

(also, what is the point of the last sentence, I am just drinking my coffee)

I am not "miconstructing" anything, I just don't take his word by word to understand the message.

Also, misconstructing is not a word, but I could understand it regardless. See? The understanding comes from the context, and not from details.

(also, what is the point of the last sentence, I am just drinking my coffee)
Literally none of DDM's posts In the thread point to your conclusion about his post though lol

(Honestly partly to notify you, partly mindless typing)

I suppose so? But none from us can say that curtain unless he explains his stance.

DMs are open in any case.
I suppose so

You know the first thing my mind went to when you said this was "Why would we get a room I don't even much like you much less like you that way", like, instantly into the gutter for a post that's Basically "let's discuss this elsewhere if you want to" lol

I don't know what do I suppose to respond except saying that DMs are open meant to say "this topic does not belong here, rather private, since it is irrelevant to the current discussion". But you do what you do.

But your translation of the words are remarkable.

Yeah, I never said that those concepts were all the same thing; only that a lot of them have stuff in common. While Antimatter specifically did have more basis arguments for that being proven to exist; there also exist scientists that question anti-hydrogen actually being anti-matter. If Anti-matter is real, than Antoine Lavoisier's theory law has been retconned or at least added context but a consistent thing would be that mass of matter and mass of antimatter in the universe is always equal. Negative Energy (While has always been a flexible term by going of what is currently the most modernized definition) is basically context of matter vs antimatter taken steps further proposed by Stephen Hawking. In which is retcons and/or re-contextualizes the 1st law of thermodynamics. But based on the "what if that it is a thing", then all negative energy in universe is always equal to positive energy in universe for the same reasons anti-matter is to matter.

The real conclusion is still the fact that no one actually knows if Dark Matter actually exists and for all we know it could just be an oxymoron for the absence of matter or empty space or void much like how darkness is the absence of light. And Cold isn't limited to the absence of thermal energy but as objects that have extremely high Heat Capacity and/or density relative to the low specific temperature (And also would have exponentially high atomic/molecular Fusion Energy/Potential energy that far outweighs Thermal Energy/(Atomic/Molecular Kinetic Energy) which could also qualify. But what we especially have no knowledge on is if Dark Matter is this. But if that is the case, it's not like space ships been frozen to the point where touching it gives frostbite stronger than liquid nitrogen or where it shuts down the engine like what has happened to automobiles in winter weather before. Which makes me more doubtful of this too.

Last edited:
The real conclusion is still the fact that no one actually knows if Dark Matter actually exists and for all we know it could just be an oxymoron for the absence of matter or empty space

of past practices of physics and cosmology.
Uncovering the nature of ‘dark matter’—the mysterious substance that dominates the mass budget of the universe from sub-galactic to cosmological scales—is arguably one of the greatest challenges of modern physics and cosmology. Indeed, many physicists and astronomers across the world are today trying to identify the nature of dark matter. In 2016 alone, for example, an average of at least three publications with “dark matter” in their title appeared every day (see the SAO/NASA Astrophysical Data System)”

Last edited:
The nature of Dark Matter is what is being heavily debated on since the 20th Century, but we are technically derailing this thread in regards to the existence of Dark Matter and Dark Energy. (I will do some more investigative work on those two at a later date due to my job taking precedence over the research regarding aspects of the universe and all unfortunately)

Yeah, so, you can freeze in space but it requires you to not be close to a star and takes a long time. So only characters that are in deep space for long could even be affected.

And then you get the problem that our body generates heat on its own to counteract freezing. Where a normal person might freeze, a superhuman might just keep their heat generation going to not do that.

Anyway, the point is that it's like giving a superhero cold resistance for staying outside in -2°C in their skimpy outfit. Or give a fish cold resistance for living in the ocean. If you want to do it at all, it is pretty minor resistance.
So the short version of this is just be way out of the goldilock zone for a extended period of time.

It's just that I don't think there's that kind of resistance on the wiki. Resisting low pressure would only be made of Durability? If yes, which level?
We also have no page for cutting and you can still list cutting resistance. Like, you can literally just write "Resistance to Low Pressure Environments" on the profile and people will get it.

So the short version of this is just be way out of the goldilock zone for a extended period of time.
And then you can get completely useless "minor cold resistance" by technicality, yes. Can't wait to give that to every fish for surviving in 4°C water.

Back