• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why do other vs debate communities not like this wiki?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monarch_Laciel

VS Battles
Retired
I've seen a lot of people on places like Comicvine. Google+ and youtube hating on VS battle wiki saying we downplay and wank characters, but any examples I've seen of that get stepped on pretty hard. I mean we have entire community with diverse interests, likes and dislikes of different characters and verses, so any downplay gets refuted by the fans, and any wanks get refuted by the ... anti-fans (?)

Overall it seems to be a mixture of our high popularity, disagreements with our tiering system, the fact that it is impossible to make certain that almost 11000 profiles are entirely accurate, and the reasons that Promestein listed.

However, it definitely isn't because we provoke them. We go out of our way to try not to bother anybody.

To bluntly put this topic in questio

• We are the only Wikia that actually indexes the stats of the characters in the Wiki, and we actually still function, unlike the OBD wiki which seems to have stopped making updates to the profiles there due to their Wiki being hacked numerous times. However, OBD does have concerns about our tiering system, especially our Tier 2/Tier 1 due to it being mathematically incorrect.
I can't really add much at this point other than what Promestein already stated, although compared to other VS debating wikis, we are a bit....stricter.

Well, our system is geometrically correct, but likely not in terms of current physics.

And yes, we are rather strict in terms of the kind of behaviour that is allowed, but this is necessary in order to function properly.

Antvasima said:
Well, our system is geometrically correct, but likely not in terms of current physics.
And yes, we are rather strict in terms of the kind of behaviour that is allowed, but this is necessary in order to function properly.
Which is a necessity, yes.

"VS debate is about people fighting each other with their arguement to prove that their characters are stronger or weaker than the other character. It's doesnt matter how perfect is your arguement is, when people see it contradict with their opinion about that character, you're already became a wanker/downplayer in their eyes"

Once a friend of mine said this to me, i think it's answer your question pretty well.. Everyone has their own opinion about characters and tiering system. If there is somebody like our Dímensional Tiering then there will be someone who dislike our dimensional tiering (And there are alot of them). We've tried our best to tiering the characters, if someone doesnt like it then what can we do about it ? Welp, this is the same reason why everyone badmouths about the other vs boards. including OBD.

I dont know about you, but i like to be here on VS battle wiki because everyone is well-behavior. Unlike many other sites. It's fine for our wiki to be strict, after all, it's what make our wiki "unique"

@Danibom

They're entitled to their own opinion as part of their freedom of speech. However, we should not be bothered by them if they decide to flame this site just because they don't agree with us.

If they think we have "shitty" or "crappy" logic, then we might as well continue doing it since we're still one of the most comprehensive VS Communities around.

Reppuzan said:
@Danibom
They're entitled to their own opinion as part of their freedom of speech. However, we should not be bothered by them if they decide to flame this site just because they don't agree with us.

If they think we have "shitty" or "crappy" logic, then we might as well continue doing it since we're still one of the most comprehensive VS Communities around.
Its not Ok with peoples deciding to flame this site but if a user made a comment saying a wall level character beats a universe level character then that means the user will be banned?

Danibom said:
if a user made a comment saying a wall level character beats a universe level character then that means the user will be banned?
Well, you know, if the wall level is haxxy enough...

Actually that raises a question. At what point do we stop considering things hax and start considering them AP? If a 10-B can use void manip to one shot the embodiment of a universe, is that AP, or is it still hax?

@Monarch

Destroying things with hax still counts towards AP, so it's unlikely to find a Wall level character who can one-shot a Universe level character.

That said, I know there are characters that can beat Goku if they're allowed to get their hax off (i.e. Trishula Anchor, who can move in the same time axis as someone moving at infinite speed to the point that they're effectively moving in stopped time and has spatial manipulation that ignores conventional durability).

Destroying things with hax would be considered Durability Negation, if said attack is stated to ignore durability.

Anyways, for this profile, it reads that she literally tears the space-time that the opponent resides in (It is not specified if she tears a small section of space-time, or a major chunk of it.).

Destroying things with hax should not count towards Attack Potency, especially if it is stated to ignore durability.

Some may hate it because of too harsh punishing system.

It's way too strict.

I mean,a forum from my country has great punishing system that others should honestly copy that system.

It's great and fair

All verses have inconsistencies and the VS Debates are inconsistent too because it depends if the results are facts, opinions or preferences. If all verses have inconsistencies then that means The One Above All is inconsistent too?

@Lina

I mean, if you can wipe out a Small Country with Reality Warping hax, then it would count towards your AP.

Durability Negation is obviously just that, Durability Negation.

As for the example, it's a small localized chunk.

@Aceraspire We are not going to modify our rules to turn less strict. They have proven to be necessary for the staff to be able to manage this wiki at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back