• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The necessity of Neutral/Opponents on a Verse page?

Fine with me, I agree. I also believe that the Knowledgeable Members list could be managed better if each verse had its own dedicated list, rather than having one long collective list on a separate page.

There are several reasons for this:
  • Some verses get deleted, but staff often forget to remove the links to those pages from the Knowledgeable Members list. I've dealt with this many times before; just check the page's edit history. I think placing the list directly on the verse's page could help solve this issue, so that the supporters themselves can manage it.
  • Instead of keeping separate lists of names on the Supporters/Opponents/Neutral pages and the Knowledgeable Members list, it would be easier to manage everything in one place. This can also help with removing inactive or banned users from the list.
Agreed. Thank you for helping out. 🙏
I'm neutral on this. Whether the section stays as is, gets replaced, or is removed doesn't really matter to me, or at least, I don't feel strongly about this in particular.
The issue is that the "Knowledgeable Members" sections currently do not list a sufficiently high number of members familiar with the verses, so our staff members can find enough of them to summon when necessary. That is why we need to keep the Supporters/Opponents/Neutral section for the time being. 🙏

Thank you greatly for responding in any case. 🙏🙂❤️
Yeah this is a good move.
Thank you very much to you as well. 🙏🙂❤️

I've been pinged for this thread many times, and contributed to it fairly actively in 2023, when it was made. I have given my opinions and, I think, made my stance clear. I have thus assumed that the half a dozen or so pings since the deliberations in 2023 were the usual posting of a list of people to ping on a matter, given that my stance has been laid out already.

Nevertheless, the pings continue.

I will therefore restate what I said before. It is my belief that what you very much want to do, converting the Supporters section to the Knowledgeable Members section, is fine. It is also my belief that purging the current Supporters section members to avoid including non-knowledgeable members is fine. I greatly dislike the name "Somewhat Knowledgeable Members" and would prefer just cleaning the slate to naming the section that. I have said before that I think you had enough support to go through with this (even if the minutiae was debated and, in one instance, vetoed by you). I still think you do.

That about sums it up.

Back