• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why Boros should be planetary w/ SCRC imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGiffoni

VS Battles
Retired
I'll be giving my opinion on why i think Boros should be planetary. If i'm wrong, please correct me. I'm new to all of this. Boros is somewhat above 23.8 petatons in MB, while iirc SCRC is calc'd at about 300 petatons. That's about 10 times as strong as Boros usual moves in MB. However, the difference between these moves is that his usual attacks can be done way quickier and almost instantly in comparison to SCRC, who, from what we see in the anime, takes a few secs to "charge". Shouldn't his formal moves have a wider damage/time ratio than SCRC? As a relativistic being, Boros can probably do several of his formal attacks way quickier than it takes for him to "charge" SCRC. Even if it's about 10 times more potent, it's so slow compared to his usual movements that it should be more effective to simply not use it at all. However, that changes if we accounted it as planetary, then it would indeed make sense for him to use SCRC as his final trump card, because even if it's slower it would still compensate its speed with its ap. I think either we should make a profile for anime Boros or put it like this: Tier: Unknown. At least 7-B, likely 7-A, possibly much higher | High 6-A with Meteoric Burst, 5-B with Star Collapsing Roaring Cannon. Saitama would scale to this, and Awakened Garou would continue to only scaling to the High 6-A part.

Again, let me know of any mistakes i've made.

An attack ten times stronger than your base works perfectly as a trump card, the idea that just because it has a charge time and is a trump card it must be a planetary attack compared to his regular high 6-A attacks is an incredibly unfounded assumption

And as far as I know, the manga version of the CSRC doesn't have evidence of 5-B in the first place, and the evidence from guidebooks is an alternate translation that we reject. As far as the manga is concerned, the attack being 5-B isn't in question to begin so just asserting that High 6-A isn't all that logical but 5-B is, as if 5-B is an recognized as alternate interpretation of the feat, makes no sense.

Andytrenom said:
An attack ten times stronger than your base works perfectly as a trump card, the idea that just because it has a charge time and is a trump card it must be a planetary attack compared to his regular high 6-A attacks is an incredibly unfounded assumption
And as far as I know, the manga version of the CSRC doesn't have evidence of 5-B in the first place, and the evidence from guidebooks is an alternate translation that we reject. As far as the manga is concerned, the attack being 5-B isn't in question to begin so just asserting that High 6-A isn't all that logical but 5-B is, as if 5-B is an recognized as alternate interpretation of the feat, makes no sense.
Why should it be considered as a trump card if a relativistic being such as Boros could deliver better DPS in MB without having to use SCRC? Idk how far into relativistic Boros is, but even if he's only 10% SoL he could, for sure, deliver way more formal attacks (who showed to be in the 23.8 petaton range) than take time charging SCRC (around 300 petatons), so it would make no sense for him to use SCRC than just... attacking normally. While it's an about 10x AP difference, it can be easily surpassed by his attack speed.

This isn't a video game, the person you're hitting doesn't have a bar that constantly shrinks with every hit allowing you to stack up the effects of your attacks, in a normal scenario landing a single attack that deals severe injury to the opponent is a lot more game changing than being able to land multiple hits each of which the opponent can take without problem. Having a single attack 10 times as powerful as your normal attacks helps you a lot even if you can't use it as often as the other attacks.

And even if attacks stacked, without 5-B actually being alluded to in the manga as another interpretation of an attack's AP, it has no reason to be considered in the first place. This is essentially the same as taking any random character and arbitrarily assuming their finishing move to be some higher tier than their base, just because you can't accept it being so close to his normal attacks. And no, it being 5-B in the anime does not make it being 5-B in the manga a feasible alternate interpretation, they are different versions and the explanation for the manga establishes it as a surface wiping attack, not a planet busting one

Andytrenom said:
This isn't a video game, the person you're hitting doesn't have a bar that constantly shrinks with every hit allowing you to stack up the effects of your attacks, in a normal scenario landing a single attack that deals severe injury to the opponent is a lot more game changing than being able to land multiple hits each of which the opponent can take without problem. Having a single attack 10 times as powerful as your normal attacks helps you a lot even if you can't use it as often as the other attacks.
And even if attacks stacked, without 5-B actually being alluded to in the manga as another interpretation of an attack's AP, it has no reason to be considered in the first place. This is essentially the same as taking any random character and arbitrarily assuming their finishing move to be some higher tier than their base, just because you can't accept it being so close to his normal attacks. And no, it being 5-B in the anime does not make it being 5-B in the manga a feasible alternate interpretation, they are different versions and the explanation for the manga establishes it as a surface wiping attack, not a planet busting one
I'm not 100% sure if attacks stack in the OPM verse. I might re-read the manga as a whole looking for that in specific.

Feeling the impact of a punch 10x the strenght of your usual ones and feeling the strenght of 10 punches at almost-instant speed shouldn't be the same, feel-wise? It's just so fast the impact of dozens of Boros punches should be perceived as fast as a single one at this point, no? Or would it depend on the reaction and overall speed of the one who's getting hitted? Even if we confirm the tought that SCRC > 10 of Boros usual movements in MB, Boros is still fast enough to drop hundreds of attacks in a smaller timestamp than he needs to charge and utilize SCRC.

If they're different versions, shouldn't there be two profiles for wc/manga and for anime Boros? That's also an option i mentioned before and that has been discussed in other threads recently.

We aren't so liberal with alternate version profiles that we will allow one just for one attack having higher AP. I don't know how much distinction you exactly need for an alternate profile but I can say with certainty that it has to be more than this

I see. I'll be waiting for more people to opine in this thread before yeeting it if needed.

Yeah he should just stay as is. I guess if you want more

• The anime changed his dialogue from the manga. In the manga Boros explicitly mentions that his attack will only effect the Earth's surface while the Anime removed that part and just made it planet busting
  • The manga databook uses some vague kanji that means ruin in the figurative sense. It was decided in a previous thread that High 6-A was the more consistent end
  • Star busting isn't a mistranslation per-say. The word used in Japanese can mean planet or star depensing on the context. The issue is that there's zero context in the passage that implies star and contradicts the source material (the anime) if you go with star instead of planet
If you want to make an anime profile then a WIP blog wouldn't be bad for a CRT. Main issue is probably speed.

Not that I'm arguing for any changes to be made, but the most contentious thing I find about Surface Wipe is the idea that more than one source supports this tiering; To my knowledge at least, this is completely false.

Unless this is a mistranslation, the Webcomic makes no reference towards CS;RC wiping the Earth's surface; What Boros states is that it'll wipe Saitama Off the face of the Planet

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-b176844fd1d99e1d9574bafe937ed97a

The only reference to the actual potency of the attack was its name, which specifically referred to it as Planet Busting, presuming it isn't a mistranslation, again

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-22cd939e44e541a305a8a76c6374c3d3

Which obviously doesn't support it being an actual planet busting attack by itself, the point is that it also makes no referrence to it being surface level.

The Anime is self explanatory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jakLeunGJGU&t=305s

THe most egregious example I feel, is the use of the Databook as a way to support of it being a surface wipe; Its well known by now that the text used to describe the attacks potency can be translated as either "Erase" or "Shave" the Earth, the latter being used due to supposedly having more evidence to support it; However, this is in complete disregard of the rest of the text, which is as follows (at least as shown, again, correct me if its wrong)

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePunchMa...omeone_translate_this_databook_page_for_lord/

8. Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon: Erase the Earth. The roar of despair !!! It is an attack able to destroy Earth.("Erase the Earth" could be translated as "shave the Earth", which means destroying a planet's surface, so both anime and manga's translation basically is two side of a coin, I think. But due to the text on the right, it is a planet buster).

Again, I'm not suggesting any changes be made; The Webcomic is old-canon, the Anime is non-canon, and that Databook could just be straight up wrong. The only point I'll make is that with everything I've seen, I see far more evidence in support of it being a Planet Buster than a Surface Wipe. The only other source of information I've seen that suggest otherwise else is that OPM Compus that suggested its actually Star Level, which should be discounted as a complete outlier regardless of its correctly translated or not.

Unless this is a mistranslation

It is. Hers's the raws for the webcomic and the manga . Both are the exact same. In that Boros says: Õà¿Òé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝ÒéƵö¥ÒüíÞ▓┤µºÿÒééÒéìÒü¿ÒééµÿƒÒü«Þí¿ÚØóÒéƵÂêÒüùÚúøÒü░ÒüùÒüªÒéäÒéìÒüå or

• Òé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝ = Energy
  • ÒéÆ = Indicates action
  • Òü« = Indicates a possessive. As in his car or her house
  • ÒéÆ = Indicates action
"I will fire all of my energy and blast away both you and the Surface of this Planet"

THe most egregious example I feel, is the use of the Databook as a way to support of it being a surface wipe; Its well known by now that the text used to describe the attacks potency can be translated as either "Erase" or "Shave" the Earth, the latter being used due to supposedly having more evidence to support it; However, this is in complete disregard of the rest of the text, which is as follows (at least as shown, again, correct me if its wrong)

The databook uses þá┤µ╗à for destroy. That's important since þá┤µ╗à means "ruin the figurative sense of the word" as shown by all of these examples . It doesn't back planet busting when that is taken into account, which is why it was rejected here despite its past use.

The only thing I will suggest changing is Boros' Released Form statistics; Meteoric Burst Boros' physical stats comes from doing substantially more damage to his own ship than Saitama's moon jump did. This is true in at least one instance

https://**********.com/manga/Onepunch-Man/0036-010.png

However, the massive crater towards the end of the ship is falsely attributed to Boros' moon kick

https://**********.com/manga/Onepunch-Man/0036-013.png

https://**********.com/manga/Onepunch-Man/0036-020.png

That crater was there long beforehand, and was actually created by Boros' Released Form's energy blast

https://**********.com/manga/Onepunch-Man/0035-036.png

https://**********.com/manga/Onepunch-Man/0035-037.png

https://**********.com/manga/Onepunch-Man/0035-038.png

https://**********.com/manga/Onepunch-Man/0035-039.png

With all that in mind, shouldn't Boros' Released Form also be Multi-Continental?

Currently Boros' keys are "Key: Power Sealed | Power Unsealed" so there's no need to note any difference.

If he remains with only two keys perhaps it could be changed to reference his Released Form predominately.

Something like "Multi-Continental (His energy blast did substantially more damage to his ship than Saitama's Moon Jump did) Far Higher as Meteoric Burst (Stronger than before. His final attack was going to wipe away the entire surface of the Earth)"

Or whatever, I'm none to fussed either way.

SuperAPM said:
Qawsedf234
Question; In reference to Boros' CS;RC, what method of destruction is assumed for it? Fragmentation, Pulverization, or Vaporization?
I'm curious about this as well. Especially considering the vaporization of a continent calc I saw earlier today.

I think its based on the minimum energy to kill all living beings on the surface of the world. The calc itself is in the profile.

No, it uses explosion as the basis. It's also not a CSRC calc specifically, it's basically a standard calc for all "Destroy everything on the earth's surface" feats

Aplogies, I'm not knowledgeable enough on this subject, so if you don't mind me asking, in what way is that differentiated from, say, fragmentation?

Explosion calcs measure the yield of an explosion through its blast radius, fragmentation calc measure energy needed to reduce a certain volume of a certain object to smaller pieces. They are vastly different

Hold up guys, one question. If the Compus says about Boros' armored state "he has energy to blast away entire planets (plural)" then later says his CSRC is "strong enough to obliterate a star", why do we consider it to be a mistranslation when the statement about his weaker state says he can already remove multiple planets? And does anyone have the official scan where it shows Boros being multi continent? I saw the original ONE manga and there it says "planet destroying rooaring cannon" so what's up with that? Is he continental? is he planetary? is he star? If the compus says he can blast away planets in his armored state shouldn't that mean that the star thing wasnt a mistranslation? Can someone help clarify this to me? I think this would ease up this thread and any future stuff about the old Boros argument.

The Compus said that Boros' latient energy had enough power to destroy a planet. The latient energy isn't the armored form, it's his hidden power since that's what latient means. So if anything it just makes the star translation even more questionable.

official scan where it shows Boros being multi continent

You mean his only statement about the CSRC's power?

I saw the original ONE manga and there it says "planet destroying rooaring cannon" so what's up with that

Its an alt-translation of the CSRC. That's all. Even in the webcomic he clarifies that it was only going to destroy the Earth's surface.

As for the rest of your points: Webcomic/Manga Boros is multi-contiental and Anime Boros is planet busting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back