• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why are FGO servants scaled to High Hypersonic

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
This is a question I always had, why are the FGO servants scaled from hypersonic speed in FSN over MHS in Fate prototype?

And how fast are Fate Prototype servants, the calc only shows projectile speed.

Because Fate/Prototype is less connected to the other parts of the Nasuverse and there are more showings of F/GO Servants fighting Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Extra Servants than Fate/Prototype Servants.

In addition, the calc refers to Arthur (Prototype Saber) pulling off Excalibur before the Star of Destruction (which reached low-orbit in seconds) could come down.

In addition ,we also scale it to the fact that Proto-Gil survives this encounter according to the original drafts, thus he dodged the brunt of Excalibur or else he would have been vaporized.

@Reppu Except Prototype is just as connected to the Nasuverse as the rest of the Fate franchishe, and the Prototype Servants in GO make multiple references to its events. Ozzy, Arash, and Arthur all remember each other (Cu remembers Arthur as well btw), Ozzy makes a reference to Bryn, Arthur mentions he has already killed Beast VI twice in the Prototype world and is now hunting it across time, etc.

Ozzy, Arash, Serenity and Jekyll are all major characters in F/GO, and Paracelsus is also somewhat relevant, so the argument that "there are more showings of GO characters fighting Extra and SN characters" is completely null. Hell, we have scenes of Proto characters fighting Extra, SN and Apocrypha characters. At this point, there's really no reason to not upgrade everyone to MHS.

@NEH

But then we run into the whole crossover issue. Yes, it's canon, but it contradicts most of the Servants' other showings.

I'm pretty sure our current ratings already do that. If we ignored every speed feat because "well their other feats are not as fast", we would never have any speed upgrades.

Then I guess I have to start looking at these speed feats again. I remember that we had a thread about this that died because we didn't know what to do about it.

What are Fate proto servants speed anyway?

Should this be moved to CR?

Back