• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who's Deleting Captain Alex?

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the great Cool Cat purge, I learned two things.

1: Profiles without any peak human/superhuman characteristics are nae nae'd (unless they have hax).

2: If they have real life, 9-C weaponry, but they still don't fit into the category above, they are still nae nae'd.

(Oh, and being "non-combat oriented" is also a reason to delete a profile. That isn't related to the topic at hand, though.)

And then there's Captain Alex.

hmmmmmmmmmm

Look what you've done. By deleting the Cool Cat profiles, you've created a spiteful monster.

But at least he can fight.

Cool Cat wasn't that much of a fighter. Besides, a lot of 9-C characters such as Ghostface from Scream have no Hax on their profiles

Dienomite22 said:
Nothing is wrong with Captain Alex.
I agree. I personally think he deserves to stay. Cool Cat isn't a character who fights much. Meanwhile, Captain Alex and the rest of his verse are soldiers.

Also, a lot of people are glad the verse got profiles.

Also, pretty sure Captain Alex IS Combat oriented. Dude is apart of the ugandan military and is the best soldier in all of Uganda. I'm sorry, but Captain Alex is staying. Because he at least serves a purpose unlike Cool Cat. Cool Cat isn't capable of fighting, Alex is.

I'm also thinking about making a thread for Captain Alex additions, as he should scale to his brother, Bruce U who has peak human characteristics btw. Adding that addition makes sense if he's supposed to be the only one who can stop the Tiger Mafia (who's leader has Wall level dura lol)

Captain Alex should stay. I have now created the Captain Alex additions thread so that he scales to the other characters in the verse who have some peak human/superhuman characteristics. Since a lot was missing from his profile.

If he becomes 9-C, he's fine. But as of now, he's 10-A, which isn't allowed.

the argument about cool cat not being a fighter is stupid considering he's a black belt pro wrestling champio

10-A isn't allowed, profiles for an entire tier is just banned unless you have hax. Surely foolishness of this magnitude can't exist right? Have you looked at any 10-A profiles? Hell the Wii Fit trainer has a profile.

I don't even understand what is the point of this weird thread. What is the issue? Where is this "non hax, certain tier and you get deleted" stuff from?

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I don't even understand what is the point of this weird thread. What is the issue? Where is this "non hax, certain tier and you get deleted" stuff from?
Exactly. I never heard anything about non hax 10-A/9-C profiles needing deletion.

That said, a reminder Ennard. Don't multiple post in a row if you can help it, just edit your original comment to add anything you thought was missing.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
That said, a reminder Ennard. Don't multiple post in a row if you can help it, just edit your original comment to add anything you thought was missing.
My apologies. Just didn't want the discussion to get silent for a long time.

00potato said:
10-A isn't allowed, profiles for an entire tier is just banned unless you have hax.
Surely foolishness of this magnitude can't exist right? Have you looked at any 10-A profiles? Hell the Wii Fit trainer has a profile.
Then Cool Cat should be restored. I highly doubt Wii Fit is combat oriented.

Then Cool Cat should be restored. I highly doubt Wii Fit is combat oriented.

I wouldn't mind if Cool Cat comes back, but i doubt he will. The thing is, he

Boogie-Woogies

Are you actually trying to follow any standards or just trying to get characters deleted?

What reasoning did Cool Cat have for being deleted? I don't like context-less decisions being used to justify stuff.

I'm mostly trying to say that "if Cool Cat should be deleted, so should _____".

Cool Cat was deleted because

1: He's not combat oriented, despite having two whole books dedicated to him fighting, and a movie where he fights a school shooter in production

2: He isn't notable enough because he doesn't have hax and he's 10-A, despite there being a profile for ******* WII FIT TRAINER

BigSmoke4269 said:
I'm mostly trying to say that "if Cool Cat should be deleted, so should _____".

Cool Cat was deleted because

1: He's not combat oriented, despite having two whole books dedicated to him fighting, and a movie where he fights a school shooter in production

2: He isn't notable enough because he doesn't have hax and he's 10-A, despite there being a profile for ******* WII FIT TRAINER
Bruh, relax. No need to full caps and put it in bold text, kinda makes you look immature. Just saying.

About Wii Fit Trainer...Doesn't she have hax? Not sure..

Butch the Bully was also deleted during this period because, despite having a 9-C weapon, Genius Intelligence and Stealth Mastery, he also wasn't notable.

BigSmoke4269 said:
Butch the Bully was also deleted during this period because, despite having a 9-C weapon, Genius Intelligence and Stealth Mastery, he also wasn't notable.
Here's the thing, Butch is very inexperienced with his gun. So yeah..

No, no "so should" whoever.

You are honest to God bringing this bull of if not hax and 10-A, you get deleted. Don't make nonexistent statements. If you have any issues with the veredict, ask why certain other profiles actually count. Either they are old and mostly unknown, or need updating. And considering the comments above, Captain Alex does need updating.

Wii Fit trainer has more than one key. You did check her profile, right...?

Since other people have already elaborated why I won't repeat them. But I will agree that Wii Fit Trainer is fine, Captain Alex is fine, but Cool Cat profiles aren't (for now).

WFT's 10-A key should be deleted. Her only notable incarnation is in SSB, and even then, that goes against the rules. We're not allowed making random, insignificant characters from crossover fighting games.

We don't have any reason to delete WFT's 10-A key. Just because a part of a profile wouldn't be notable on its own doesn't mean that we need to delete it.

SSB's profiles are allowed, they've been challenged many times but have withstood the test of time.

That is the epitome of irrational logic. This is an indexing site. One non notable key in a profile is not comparable to an entirely non notable profile.

Agnaa said:
SSB's profiles are allowed, they've been challenged many times but have withstood the test of time.
I'm not sure if this is outdated or whatever, but the rules say we can't create irrelevant characters from crossover fighting games, like SSB Mario. We can use characters that are relevant, though, like Kirby and Mr. Game and Watch.

Wii Fit Trainer was deemed relevant enough.

Can we just close this thread? Captain Alex only needs additions. Besides that, he's fine.

And also because this thread is becoming a Wii Fit Trainer deletion request for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back