• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who's coming/staying/leaving for Smash 5?

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
^ thread

Who do you think is going to be a newcomer? You think anyone is gonna return, like the Ice Climbers, Wolf, or Pichu? What characters do you think are staying (I swear, if people state the obvious like Mario...)? Who do you think are going? You think anyone's gonna pull a Mewtwo and be out of the game only to come as DLC? What's the most out-there choice that you can LEGITIMATELY see getting into the game? Who's gonna be the new obligatory Pokémon entry? Are we or are we not getting Bandanna Waddle Dee? Leave your thoughts below.

I really hope Ganondorf is finally brought into the series, maybe he can replace that weird clone of Captain Falcon.

I feel like an ARMS character and one or two new Pokémon characters are likely to be in the game (Along with a million Fire Emblem characters), and I feel confident the Ice Climbers will return. There's also apparently been a leak saying Simon Belmont will be in the game but that same leak also said Ridley will also be playable and we all know that ain't happening.

They usually add a retro character every new game (Game and Watch, R.O.B, Duck Hunt) so we'll probably get another one of those. I pray to every single god ever that Waluigi becomes a playable character, he would be the only character I'd ever play as. Apparently Sakurai has said that the previous Smash 4 ballet will still have an effect on this game, if true that means we could be seeing runner ups like King K. Rool and Goku .

In terms of returning characters I think most, if not all of the characters in Smash 4 will return for this game, but I hope several of those characters get revamped moveset. Link will likely get some changes to reflect Breath of the Wild, I hope they finally make Ganondorf his own character as opposed to being a slower and less viable Captain Falcon (Give him magic, swords, trident, anything but martial arts with purple fire around his hands and feet), and I hope Sonic gets some new moves based on Sonic Battle.

I hope Ridley gets announced as an Assist Trophy ;)

Bandana Dee or riot. Hopefully Wolf returns from Brawl and they add a new Zelda character like Skull Kid or or whatever.

Anyone see the leak about Simon Belmont, Ridley, and Ice Climbers being playable? Apparently the leaker had been very accurate in the past.

Leaving

Mario

Pikaman

The green Zelda with the sword and shield

Everyone from Fire Emblem, because Fire Emblem is weeb shit

Coming

Waluigi

Ice Knack from Knack 2

Goku

Every version of Iron Man's armor from every Marvel universe

Every character who has anything resembling a sword better be taken out. I'm looking at you too, Mewtwo's tail.

Finally! Someone gets it! The only broken thing Meta Knight would have would be a good up tilt, if Villager taught me anything.

Meta Knight with a stick would be OP though.

If you break that stick, you get two sticks.

Sticks win every time.

Who would win

A team of the greatest heroes on Earth, including a Norse God, a supergenius with a high-tech suit of armor, a gamma ratiation enhanced monster and the most powerful sorcerer on Earth.

Or one swole purple boi.

Back