• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who WITHOUT plot manipulation can resist Medaka's The Hero?

Is there any character, who don't have resistance against plot manipulation that can resist The Hero?
Medaka Kurokami 2
Medaka

I don't know about resisting, but if you have any form of other passive ability that basically grants you the win, then you can counter it sufficiently. Gargoyle One gave the example of Darth Nihilus, with his passive mind hax. If you want a more meta senerio, in my interpritation, then follow these guidelines to countering The Hero without plot manipulation:

1) You need an ability that is passive or cannot be gotten around via interfearence from the user. Character needs to in no way impede the usage of the ability, if it is, then Character Induced Stupidity can be induced. An example that was mentioned was them deciding to spare the hero on a whim

2) The ability must be absolute enough that it would be essentially impossible for a writer to reasonably get around it in that context. This one is more broad, but to use the Nihilus example, Medaka is standing on a planet in range where she will be instantly and automatically mind hax'd into oblivion, and none of her hax provide sufficient counters to it. Or for a more heavy handed senerio: Medaka is standing next to the singularity of a black hole that negs all hax

3) You can't luck your way out of it

Guys it's Low 2-C plot manip. Monika and any one above her solos.

Just want to correct a few things:

1. It doesn't have to be logical in any way. Even skills will fail to work "because she can't lose". That's literally the idea.

2. Plot manipulation does shit. Believe me, Ajimu tried and it didn't end well. Plot manipulation is not any good.

3. Not any MC can win, cus Medaka is literally the overkill version of every MC. The casual MC may lose, Medaka can't lose.

4. Not being passive is the 1st step to failure. Even strong hax won't do shit via being...well not passive. Let's say Hiiragi vs Medaka with The Hero. Hiiragi says "imma not steal shit from her she's a good girl" gets 1 shotted.

5. Passive hax will not work either. Cus the plot doesn't them to work. How do i put this. Passives in Medaka Box aren't always active...because the plot turns them off. And even 100% sure events won't happen...cus the plot wants them to. Medaka has permanent powers (same as Kumagawa) though the plot said "you have to be every cliche MC ever that loses his powers after too much time without fighting, so imma permanently null your powers", same thing didn't happen to Kumagawa cus the plot said "ur the main villain, you are supposed to always be on the loose". Stuff like that happens cus of The Hero.

The Hero is scary man.

Ajimu is unknown to Low 2-C plot manip. Anything higher will work.

Case in point, Monika or SCP-2786.

Nothing exists beyond passive plot. That's what Medaka Box says.

Think of it like this. A character is beyond the plot. He's beyond the plot manipulation of other charcters or the fictional plot. The writer can just say "nah" anytime he wants without explanation.

Every tier is above the previous one, caping out at tier 0. That tier 0 only applies to fiction doe. A writer is still beyond that and can do anything in the show with the only explanation of "i wanted it to happen". That's the idea behind Medaka's plot. Nothing is above the author and he doesn't need to explain stuff. He likes Medaka that's why he created her and made her the main character. He will not let any of his other creations (no matter how strong) kill her, because he created the show for her.

Example let's say me saying "medaka wins cus i say so" is an acceptable argument in vs battles. Now even if Medaka is up against Azathoth, TOAA, The Creator and Kami Tenchi at the same time and i can say "Medaka wins cus i say so", without explanation or anything, i can just say they all lost their omnipotence cus i said so, they can't do anything against it. That's also the reason Ajimu has like 2 or 3 stated omnipotences in verse and still jobs The Hero.

That's the legit version. That's certainly not the version we use here doe. Though idk where it caps out in the wiki.

So with this im out of this thread xD.

Back