• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who could win? The Mandalorian or Boba Fett?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mandalorian, Boba barely has that many feats in Canon and nothing noteworthy that would put him massively above Mando, Mando by the end of the series has a jetpack too and has shown to be more Mobile with it via landing on a Tie Fighter mid flight to attach the bombs.

He has superior h2h feats aswell, holding his own against Cara Dune a Rebel Shocktrooper who fights star wars MMA for a living.

The Z6 Jetpack that Boba uses also has canonically an easy weakness to external damage, to the point that even a blind Han solo with a stick was able to F it up.

Also Mando's Whistling Bird missiles and Phase Pulser is something Boba is going to struggle with

So Mando Mid High Diff.

@Yakushimi You are wrong, pointing out how someone doesn't appear to have knowledge on something is not being rule, but informative; we are in a debate, arguments were given from both sides and Boba was winning, and then you just commented by saying something vague that was previously acknowledged in the thread as a reason for Mando winning. That was just ignoring everything said before and aiming to make others believe this new, again vague, information. I don't really care that you have seen all nine Star Wars movies because there is so much more stuff than it that characters get completely recontextualized, especially the ones that are bad and with few appearances. I could already tell that you saw The Mandalorian.

>"The armor Boba Fett wears is composed of a Durasteel alloy, which is nowhere near the level of Beskar, which is not only capable of protecting people from a vast range of blaster fire, but it also is resistant to the plasma blade of a lightsaber. Durasteel gets sliced through like a hot knife through butter, but on the other hand, the Beskar armor donned by the Mandalorian wouldn't be sliced through whatsoever—it may be burned only slightly, but not cut."

Wrong, look at the character's durability, his armor is both Durasteel & Beskar and his durability is higher, because he survived a High 8-C thing (with no damage, but the profile doesn't show that). I don't even need to say how many arguments this makes pointless.

>"You can't exactly say that Boba Fett has much of an advantage given that the only thing seen happening with him was that Boba Fett got knocked into the Sarlacc Pit by a blind, physically drained Han Solo... while Boba Fett has the hype, he doesn't exactly have any feats."

Legit downplay and no, he has feats, how the hell did you get offended by what I said to you without recognizing that I was right about you not reading this thread? What's more, why didn't you read the thread right after that? Not that it matters, but please do so.

>"Sure he has Massively Hypersonic reactions, yes, but that won't mean much if he can't do any damage to the armor the Mandalorian wears."

Speeds's equalized...that's in the OP. And once again you show how you didn't read the thread nor the profiles, Boba has ways to deal damage that is above Mando's durability, and they are not exactly difficult. Flying and shooting is his thing and what this battle could very much come down to, making Mando be screwed.

>"Furthermore, Mandalorian has won many more fights and beaten plenty of dangerous people, so who, precisely, is to say that Boba Fett has more skill? It's pure conjecture without solid evidence to back up his inherent "advantage" in skill."

Only from what we saw he "won many more fights", Boba has more experience from both age and being trained since younger than Mando, he was recognized as the most feared & best bounty hunters in the galaxy and we saw him do the same gimmick than Mando; he completes a bounty, gets flattered for his good work, he just immediately gets to have his next job and the process is repeated. The "beaten plenty of dangerous people" is something that I wouldn't really define Mando by, pre-ESB Luke and some 6-armed alien both seen above anything Mando fought. The "It's pure conjecture without solid evidence" it's just an excuse, implications matter and feats were ignored.

>"Ngl mando tends to make a lot of bad decisions mid fight all throughout the season, but I'd be inclined to say plot over him being unskilled."

I took attention to that, some of them were due to plot, others were just legit bad decisions. He's a great warrior but he's not Batman or Samurai Jack.

>"The Mandalorian disintegrates Boba Fett

gg"

You did not read the thread and I assume you let yourself be influenced by Yakushimi's comment. Boba can do the same. Also Boba's durability is above the AP of that.

>"The Mandalorian, Boba barely has that many feats in Canon and nothing noteworthy that would put him massively above Mando"

I remember this being a big thing like 5 years ago or so when people were saying that Cad Bane was better, they were right back then. If that does anything.

>"Mando by the end of the series has a jetpack too and has shown to be more Mobile with it via landing on a Tie Fighter mid flight to attach the bombs."

Sigh. You said it, by the end of the series, we don't even know how good he's shooting targets while flying, which is Boba's main thing and a massive thing in this battle because of the obvious Not Flying=Disadvantage of Gravity, Aiming & Other Stuff. The Tie Fighter was not going at its top speed, that and other things were rejected in my discussion thread about The Mandalorian, where I added him everything he has.

>"He has superior h2h feats aswell, holding his own against Cara Dune a Rebel Shocktrooper who fights star wars MMA for a living"

I don't think that for a living but ok, I also have no idea why people mention h2h here, it makes no sense for the battle to come down to it, at all.

>"The Z6 Jetpack that Boba uses also has canonically an easy weakness to external damage, to the point that even a blind Han solo with a stick was able to F it up."

Eh, ok, I guess you should make a CRT to put its durability at that level in his profile, but here Mando will not be able to shoot it due to having a guy with High 8-C durability with in front of the jetpack.

>"Also Mando's Whistling Bird missiles and Phase Pulser is something Boba is going to struggle with"

• Whistling Bird missiles: Way to low range to do anything in this fight, situational due to taking too much time to use next to Boba shooting and they lack the AP to harm Boba (but maybe they could destroy his jetpack? That's would be kinda odd given that his High 8-C feat comes from a bigger explosion).
  • Phase Pulser: Takes more time to use than just shooting, he would only be doing that from the ground which presents obvious disadvantages, still has a lesser AP than Boba's durability, we saw how it did nothing to something with better durability so it's not just hax.

Hmm, no one is changing their votes. I guess the arguments just weren't enough, were they not?

I mean if an argument is invalid votes that stemmed from that argument are generally removed becuase they were made with false information

Only to then get removed? Yeah no let me save some time to the guy adding it and the guy removing it by just closing this thread, I'm sure everyone will understand that simple justification and not complain with fallacious arguments that ignore the context of what was going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back